Studs Dallas

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it wasn't for Cobb and Doubs being out with injuries, I'd say cut him now. He really has no value to the team that I can see.
I’d rather see them pick up a WR from a practice squad.. any WR…. or McDonalds employee or anyone else… even you … just get Amari out of Green Bay.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’d rather see them pick up a WR from a practice squad.. any WR…. or McDonalds employee or anyone else… even you … just get Amari out of Green Bay.
Hey I'll take a UDFA salary to pass around water and call fair catches on PRs

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Having just listened to LaFleur's entire 19+ minute presser, I have no idea what you're referring to.

Huber tweeted it. Said LaFleur mentioned the failed two minute drill was on him because they gave AR less freedom.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Huber tweeted it. Said LaFleur mentioned the failed two minute drill was on him because they gave AR less freedom.
Hmmm. ok.

I heard that one snippet as well. However, you framed your post to insinuate that he gave him less freedom throughout the course of the game. You didn't specify that it was only on the last drive. You also didn't care to mention the line about "that was on me". So LaFleur in essence is saying he in fact should have given him more freedom on that drive yet decided not to.

For the record....I was cool with playing it safe. I thought bleeding the clock was the proper decision, regardless of LaFleur saying it was an error in hindsight.

But again. You framed your post (perhaps inadvertently) through the scope that LaFleur took freedom of the offense away from Rodgers in the game as a whole. And that is 100% inaccurate.

LaFleur also mentioned that a key play in the game was Rodgers making an adjustment on the 3rd and 1 touchdown to Watson off of play action. He audibled out of a run solution that created the TD and praised him for it.

So the comment "LaFleur told the media that he gave Rodgers less freedom with the offense today" is at best, a misunderstanding. And at worst a lame attempt at trying to paint a false narrative. Not going to assume which of the two extremes are correct, or something in the middle.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Hmmm. ok.

I heard that one snippet as well. However, you framed your post to insinuate that he gave him less freedom throughout the course of the game. You didn't specify that it was only on the last drive. You also didn't care to mention the line about "that was on me". So LaFleur in essence is saying he in fact should have given him more freedom on that drive yet decided not to.

For the record....I was cool with playing it safe. I thought bleeding the clock was the proper decision, regardless of LaFleur saying it was an error in hindsight.

But again. You framed your post (perhaps inadvertently) through the scope that LaFleur took freedom of the offense away from Rodgers in the game as a whole. And that is 100% inaccurate.

LaFleur also mentioned that a key play in the game was Rodgers making an adjustment on the 3rd and 1 touchdown to Watson off of play action. He audibled out of a run solution that created the TD and praised him for it.

So the comment "LaFleur told the media that he gave Rodgers less freedom with the offense today" is at best, a misunderstanding. And at worst a lame attempt at trying to paint a false narrative. Not going to assume which of the two extremes are correct, or something in the middle.

I 100% believe that LaFleur took freedom away from Rodgers in this game as a whole, yes.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I 100% believe that LaFleur took freedom away from Rodgers in this game as a whole, yes.
Your belief is one thing. I have no issue with that.

Your emphatic proclamation that LaFleur actually said it? That's another thing entirely.

You're better than that.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I think so too.but your comment b4 was misleading
Sad reality of it is that I would like to think I could take @Dantés word for it. But it takes someone else having to listen to an entire ~20 minute presser to debunk it.

This is how misinformation spreads. People actually freaking believe it!

I knew it was BS when I did a quick scroll of twitter and the likes of Demovsky, Wood, Schneidman, Silverstein, etc. weren't blowing up about it. But...always do your homework.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Sad reality of it is that I would like to think I could take @Dantés word for it. But it takes someone else having to listen to an entire ~20 minute presser to debunk it.

This is how misinformation spreads. People actually freaking believe it!

I knew it was BS when I did a quick scroll of twitter and the likes of Demovsky, Wood, Schneidman, Silverstein, etc. weren't blowing up about it. But...always do your homework.

Misinformation?! Lol. I saw a tweet from a Packers’ beat writer and shared what it said.

It’s pretty obvious. The offense was different tonight, going back to many elements that have been missing that Rodgers doesn’t tend to like.

LaFleur drops a comment saying he took more control. And you actually don’t know that he was only referring to one drive. That’s entirely unlikely. So it’s not exactly hard to figure out what’s happening. Rodgers had lots of leverage, he shaped the offense in his image, it was an unwatchable abomination, and LaFleur is clawing back some control.

Hence Rodgers cussing at his head coach on the sideline. He was throwing a fit.

What’s harder to understand is why you’re getting so upset about it. Do you take it personally that I place the heaviest blame on Rodgers for the way the offense has performed?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
So many times, NFL games are defined by sequences that happen throughout the course of a game.

For instance, the 2020 NFC championship game against Tampa. 1st half getting ready to end and Kevin King lets Scotty Miller get behind him for a back breaking TD. Start the 2nd half, Aaron Jones fumbles to give Tampa another score. Hard to rebound from that.

Tonight, with the threat of going down 14-0, Rudy Ford picks the ball off in the end zone. The offense then responds with a Rodgers to Watson bomb that exercised the demons of the 1st play of the season, and many others, to flip the 14-0 possibility to 7-7, stealing the momentum. And it was game on from there.

The energy I saw after that point was energy I haven't seen since last season. This is something that HAS to be bottled up for the stretch to come.

Because the Packers CAN be good enough to get into the playoffs. But they have to play well to that standard and earn it.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Misinformation?! Lol. I saw a tweet from a Packers’ beat writer and shared what it said.

It’s pretty obvious. The offense was different tonight, going back to many elements that have been missing that Rodgers doesn’t tend to like.

LaFleur drops a comment saying he took more control. And you actually don’t know that he was only referring to one drive. That’s entirely unlikely. So it’s not exactly hard to figure out what’s happening. Rodgers had lots of leverage, he shaped the offense in his image, it was an unwatchable abomination, and LaFleur is clawing back some control.

Hence Rodgers cussing at his head coach on the sideline. He was throwing a fit.

What’s harder to understand is why you’re getting so upset about it. Do you take it personally that I place the heaviest blame on Rodgers for the way the offense has performed?
If you would actually listen to what LaFleur said in the presser instead of reading a tweet from Bill Huber, you might actually understand the context behind what was actually said and how he responded to the question itself.

You might think it's "pretty obvious". But it's clear that what you desperately want to believe, and what the reality of it actually is, strongly contradicts each other is something you don't care to come to grips with.

LaFleur clearly insinuated that in that situation, he felt playing it safe was the approach to go especially with Dallas having 3 timeouts and not wanting to risk the possibility of them getting the ball back with time. He actually mentioned the part of "Generally Rodgers has a lot of freedom in those situations" to suggest he should've given it to him in THAT situation. He's suggesting that he was WRONG.

For you to say that I "don't know that he was only referring to one drive"......YES I do! Because he actually said it! You wouldn't know because you're going off of second hand information from a media guy on twitter. Like I said, LaFleur volunteered information about Rodgers adjusting a small yardage run solution to a play action bomb that resulted in a TD suggests that Rodgers hasn't had any rights stripped from him at all.

And no. I don't take it personally that you place most of the blame on Rodgers. That's your opinion. I'm just saying don't lie or exaggerate information to give more credence to your viewpoint.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If you would actually listen to what LaFleur said in the presser instead of reading a tweet from Bill Huber, you might actually understand the context behind what was actually said and how he responded to the question itself.

You might think it's "pretty obvious". But it's clear that what you desperately want to believe, and what the reality of it actually is, strongly contradicts each other is something you don't care to come to grips with.

LaFleur clearly insinuated that in that situation, he felt playing it safe was the approach to go especially with Dallas having 3 timeouts and not wanting to risk the possibility of them getting the ball back with time. He actually mentioned the part of "Generally Rodgers has a lot of freedom in those situations" to suggest he should've given it to him in THAT situation. He's suggesting that he was WRONG.

For you to say that I "don't know that he was only referring to one drive"......YES I do! Because he actually said it! You wouldn't know because you're going off of second hand information from a media guy on twitter. Like I said, LaFleur volunteered information about Rodgers adjusting a small yardage run solution to a play action bomb that resulted in a TD suggests that Rodgers hasn't had any rights stripped from him at all.

And no. I don't take it personally that you place most of the blame on Rodgers. That's your opinion. I'm just saying don't lie or exaggerate information to give more credence to your viewpoint.

You’re right. I ran with what Huber said thinking he was meaning more than he apparently meant.

I did not, however, lie. Or knowingly exaggerate. That sort of stuff is where this seems to be getting emotional/personal for you.

And going off of “2nd hand information” like reputable beat writers isn’t exactly irresponsible.

For the record, I don’t think that Rodgers has had all freedom at the LOS taken away. That wouldn’t be tenable or realistic. But it’s clear that he was considerably reigned in this week compared to how he was executing the offense in previous weeks.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
For the record, I don’t think that Rodgers has had all freedom at the LOS taken away. That wouldn’t be tenable or realistic. But it’s clear that he was considerably reigned in this week compared to how he was executing the offense in previous weeks.
Based on what?

How much different did tonight realistically look as opposed to the Buffalo game, for example?

D

Deleted member 6794

Definitely after. Many of the aspects of the offense that have been notably absent, especially condensed sets and true play-action, were back and it became clear that they were worked back into the offense over the course if he game. And it worked. And Rodgers was great in making it work.

But the point is that when he has his way with design, the whole offense sucks and so does he. He has to humble himself or be humbled to the point of running the system. He did and it worked.

I have said it all season long that the running game needs to be effective for the offense to have a chance at being successful. Jones and Dillon averaging 5.49 yards a carry on a total of 37 attempts compared to only 2.95 against the Lions was the main reason the entire unit performed at a higher level this week.