Studs Dallas

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess we all see what we want to see. I just see it a bit differently
you could say MLF gave Rodgers less options this game and in the end resulted in him finally running MLF's offense instead of Aaron's offense and we looked better.

I'd disagree a bit. I think everyone just did their jobs better. For one, we ran the ball effectively. Some will say it was because we just ran more. I say it was because we didn't have all the 1st and 2nd <2yds or negative runs and we didn't have all the holding or false start penalties putting us in unfavorable run down and distances. We stayed largely ahead of the chains and allowed a different game to be called just by that alone.

We got first downs, we got to run more plays in succession and weren't going in fits and waves. Outside of a couple drops by Watson, guys caught the ball when thrown to them.

I think the oline all the way around was better in this game, it started with the run, then that helped the pass, then the small wins on offense made everything look better on that side of the ball and when we had to pass at some points, it was much more successful.

Lazard caught a huge first down play in OT to put us right in easy FG range. Caught it right in front me, we went nuts. But last week I seem to remember we ran similar with the middle opening up and he fell down on his route. If he fell down last night, would it be Rodgers not running MLF's offense?

Everybody did their jobs better last night, and it showed

anyway, I was most impressed with oline as a whole. and for as good of a game as Watson had, it could have been a lot better. 3 more catches and another TD to his stat line would have been pretty cool :). But congrats young man, it's good to see you out there and doing what they saw you could do. Nice adjustment on that over the shoulder for the first TD. Ford gets a stud nod, both aarons

Duds? Amari

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Not a huge QBR guy, but Rodgers' previous season best was 65.5 against Tampa Bay. Other than that game, not a single one above 50's.

Today, 82. And 146 rating.

EASILY his best game of the year.
I agree. Really liked what I saw out of Rodgers today overall. Loved his blocking prowess too! Reminded me of Favre.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed. We cannot try to be an aerial assault all the time any longer.
I've been getting gas from some here as far back as August and even last year for expressing the viewpoint that the run/pass split needed to be up closer to 50/50.

I'm ok with Jones getting 25 touches or more a game but I think it would be wise to have some of those designed where he could get out of bounds untouched whether by run or pass. I'd like to see some circle routes using him.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you could say MLF gave Rodgers less options this game and in the end resulted in him finally running MLF's offense instead of Aaron's offense and we looked better.

I'd disagree a bit. I think everyone just did their jobs better. For one, we ran the ball effectively. Some will say it was because we just ran more. I say it was because we didn't have all the 1st and 2nd <2yds or negative runs and we didn't have all the holding or false start penalties putting us in unfavorable run down and distances. We stayed largely ahead of the chains and allowed a different game to be called just by that alone.

We got first downs, we got to run more plays in succession and weren't going in fits and waves. Outside of a couple drops by Watson, guys caught the ball when thrown to them.

I think the oline all the way around was better in this game, it started with the run, then that helped the pass, then the small wins on offense made everything look better on that side of the ball and when we had to pass at some points, it was much more successful.

Lazard caught a huge first down play in OT to put us right in easy FG range. Caught it right in front me, we went nuts. But last week I seem to remember we ran similar with the middle opening up and he fell down on his route. If he fell down last night, would it be Rodgers not running MLF's offense?

anyway, I was most impressed with oline as a whole. and for as good of a game as Watson had, it could have been a lot better. 3 more catches and another TD to his stat line would have been pretty cool :). But congrats young man, it's good to see you out there and doing what they saw you could do. Nice adjustment on that over the shoulder for the first TD. Ford gets a stud nod, both aarons

Duds? Amari
Eh, we will see. I believe getting the best and most effective OL combo out there to date helped as well

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keeping Amari Rodgers on this team by Thursday is a complete insult and slap in the face to every Packers player, coach, and fan. This was already the case, and it is now obvious.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

Duds? Amari
Imo, there were still enough break downs in the first three quarters to continue my displeasure but they finished very strong which was very encouraging. I bet there is plenty of wailing and gnashing of teeth in the Dallas fan forums. If anyone has a link to any amusing commentary I'd greatly appreciate it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Imo, there were still enough break downs in the first three quarters to continue my displeasure but they finished very strong which was very encouraging. I bet there is plenty of wailing and gnashing of teeth in the Dallas fan forums. If anyone has a link to any amusing commentary I'd greatly appreciate it.
it wasn't perfect by any means, but I saw progress. For all the talk of everyone quitting on Aaron, coaches, team etc the past few weeks, down 14 late in a game. If they were going to quit, they would have. They didn't.

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand this talk of "Rodgers finally executed the gameplan".... You do realize that the main difference in this game compared to past was the big chunk plays to Watson? That's literally the difference.. we haven't been able to get those deep shots because the WRs either can't create separation, run wrong routes, or miscommunication

The gameplan was relatively the same it's been in recent weeks

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
That was a fun little treat on Sunday. I enjoyed it profusely. I'll give McMuffin a stud for the headset spike. Loved seeing it!

I want to say they were all studs, but there's actually a lot to clean up from this game.

Duds: Run defense, they gave up 115 yards to Pollard for 5.2 yards a pop. Davis had 5 carries for 38 yards, which was 7.6 yards a pop. Walker, Lowry and Reed just don't seem to be able to get off blocks well. I'll give Reed some love though for pressuring Dak on the 4th down play. Gotta clean up that run defense though. Pass defense couldn't cover Lamb. I get he's a special WR, but as some point you have to make an adjustment and understand that Dak is looking to go to him first. Ford did make a nice play when Dak tried to force it to Lamb on one play. Needs work though. Do I have to say anything Amri Rodgers? I'll leave it at that.

Studs: I will say Ford for his two picks. That was huge for the defense. Both turnovers led to TDs. Rodgers did well with just managing the game. He had a couple of spot on throws too. The long one to Watson was right where it needed to be. There was another one to Watson where he seemed to give up on the play that looked like it was put in the right spot by Rodgers. Watson had an up and down game, but you have to add him to the stud list for having three TDs. Great to see him pick himself up after a couple drops in the beginning of the game. The best part is, there's a lot of growth for Watson as well. Let's hope that this isn't a one time thing. Jones had 138 yards and a TD. That was a great game and really loosened the Dallas D up for the play action. Dillion chipped in at 65 yards as well. Running game gets a stud. Offense in general for the 208 in passing yards and the 207 in rushing yards. I believe that is called balance.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Keeping Amari Rodgers on this team by Thursday is a complete insult and slap in the face to every Packers player, coach, and fan. This was already the case, and it is now obvious.
Keeping Amari Rodgers isn't an insult. That's a bit extreme. They are pretty beat up for WRs, so I don't think it makes a lot of sense to cut him. However, it would be mind blowing to see him out there on punt or kick return again. With that said, it wouldn't surprise me if they did cut him and move on. I think you're just taking it a little personal. :)

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand this talk of "Rodgers finally executed the gameplan".... You do realize that the main difference in this game compared to past was the big chunk plays to Watson? That's literally the difference.. we haven't been able to get those deep shots because the WRs either can't create separation, run wrong routes, or miscommunication

The gameplan was relatively the same it's been in recent weeks
I kinda agree, but I also believe the gameplan set those plays up and gave them a better chance of working. IMO.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keeping Amari Rodgers isn't an insult. That's a bit extreme. They are pretty beat up for WRs, so I don't think it makes a lot of sense to cut him. However, it would be mind blowing to see him out there on punt or kick return again. With that said, it wouldn't surprise me if they did cut him and move on. I think you're just taking it a little personal. :)

It is an insult. It shows we have devolved into a joke, unserious organization lacking in accountability. He should have been long gone before yesterday. He never even should have been on this team. I never, once, have felt comfortable with him back there returning punts or kicks, yet somehow this staff did? How can we all recognize his ineptitude long before these professionals? This is a harsh business, sometimes you need to be harsh. They needed to be a long time ago.

He would not have survived this long on any other team in the league. By the way, this is not new; I've been beating this drum for months, dating back to last season.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know he is just and extra body but what was the potential they saw in him? I missed that part

I think he was drafted to appease Cobb, who knew him fairly well, which in turn was to appease AR12, because him and Cobb are very close.

AR Fumble is Ty Montgomery 2.No!!!

Cut this fool immediately!!!

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Jones has proven time and again that you cannot judge a book by its cover.

Despite appearances he is tough as nails, he is pretty durable, and he is ruthless when it comes to getting first downs.

I now realize Dillon is a complementary back at this point in his career, so expectations should be adjusted.

MLF and the entire staff needs to permanently save the game film from yesterday and use it as a reference.

The team came together, persevered, fought back, and got a much needed quality win.

I would've been more excited for the win, but my disappointment still outweighs that.

Pack gotta quick turn around facing Titans on TNF, and that team will test the weaknesses of this squad.

Can the Packers stop the run and can the Packers run on the Titans?

After that, the schedule becomes a gauntlet.

Packers, specifically Gute, needs to stop trying and get OBJ into town.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is an insult. It shows we have devolved into a joke, unserious organization lacking in accountability. He should have been long gone before yesterday. He never even should have been on this team. I never, once, have felt comfortable with him back there returning punts or kicks, yet somehow this staff did? How can we all recognize his ineptitude long before these professionals? This is a harsh business, sometimes you need to be harsh. They needed to be a long time ago.

He would not have survived this long on any other team in the league. By the way, this is not new; I've been beating this drum for months, dating back to last season.
I've said it before but it has often felt like we give both players and staffers WAY too long of a leash at times. It's a hard balance; I think there's some value to having a team that feels like a "family" and rallying around and supporting each other but at the same time it's a business and you have to make hard decisions to put yourself in the best position to win.

I have my gripes with him but does anyone think something like this would EVER fly under a guy like Belichick? He'd have been gone AGES ago, and I think the same is true of just about any serious contender. But we seem to give chance after chance until it really bites us in the a** before finally making a decision to move on. We were all talking for weeks if not months that we needed to move on from Drayton on ST and we didn't. In fact MLF specifically said in December that he wouldn't fire Drayton. Then of course our ST implodes in the most spectacular way to bounce us out of the playoffs and that was FINALLY enough to get him the boot. We saw with Ty Montgomery that he had to actively and directly disregard a coach's instructions and cost us the game (or at least a chance to win it) before getting kicked. I'm sure you can think of plenty of other examples...

And so it's feeling more or less the same with Amari. I guess we'll see if he's released any time soon but I don't have any confidence that he will be. Like many before him he will probably get extended chance after chance after chance until he single-handedly loses us an important game before we decide to cut ties.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They drafted him because they liked him. Had nothing to do with Cobb, yes they have a connection, but it's not why they drafted him. Going back to college he looked like a pretty decent 3rd round pick and the type of receiver we haven't had since Cobb. Since he's taken some steps back from what he looked he could do in college. I know he's sucked, but he had the right build, attributes and production in college to justify his draft position. I think people are being disingenuous saying otherwise.

Reaction score
Stud: MLF, #33, #12, #9

WE ran the ball. I know that sounds really basic and it is. We have one of the best RB duos leaguewide and even #12 wanted us to run the ball. It's our strength in 2022 and even after this game some people will refute it. When we run the ball we lure Defenses into 10 in the box. This is NOT a QB you want to challenge regular with 10 in the box

You don't understand what this game meant to me. I'm smack dab in the thick of Dallas country and I didn't even make it into the building at work and they were hollering for me! That is God's honest truth :) This game made my year. Christian Watson?? Really???? LMAO

Last edited:

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was a fun little treat on Sunday. I enjoyed it profusely. I'll give McMuffin a stud for the headset spike. Loved seeing it!

I want to say they were all studs, but there's actually a lot to clean up from this game.

Duds: Run defense, they gave up 115 yards to Pollard for 5.2 yards a pop. Davis had 5 carries for 38 yards, which was 7.6 yards a pop. Walker, Lowry and Reed just don't seem to be able to get off blocks well. I'll give Reed some love though for pressuring Dak on the 4th down play. Gotta clean up that run defense though. Pass defense couldn't cover Lamb. I get he's a special WR, but as some point you have to make an adjustment and understand that Dak is looking to go to him first. Ford did make a nice play when Dak tried to force it to Lamb on one play. Needs work though. Do I have to say anything Amri Rodgers? I'll leave it at that.

Studs: I will say Ford for his two picks. That was huge for the defense. Both turnovers led to TDs. Rodgers did well with just managing the game. He had a couple of spot on throws too. The long one to Watson was right where it needed to be. There was another one to Watson whereMcMuffin!! lolhe seemed to give up on the play that looked like it was put in the right spot by Rodgers. Watson had an up and down game, but you have to add him to the stud list for having three TDs. Great to see him pick himself up after a couple drops in the beginning of the game. The best part is, there's a lot of growth for Watson as well. Let's hope that this isn't a one time thing. Jones had 138 yards and a TD. That was a great game and really loosened the Dallas D up for the play action. Dillion chipped in at 65 yards as well. Running game gets a stud. Offense in general for the 208 in passing yards and the 207 in rushing yards. I believe that is called balance.
McMuffin!! lol

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts