Studs n duds Rams

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love honestly played very well. Hopefully it’s a sign that’s he’s bouncing back from his recent rough patch.
Don't understand why Love, on 3 or 4 occasions today, had 4-5 seconds of solid protection, and still took sacks. We've bagged on the OL for not giving Love 2 seconds many plays, yet Love wastes the times when he has great protection.

On topic...
Studs: Defense, Wicks, both AJ's, Musgrave, Doubs, Alexander, MLF's playcalling.

Duds: Refs (2 offsides penalties on OL were NOT off sides!), fumbles.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't understand why Love, on 3 or 4 occasions today, had 4-5 seconds of solid protection, and still took sacks. We've bagged on the OL for not giving Love 2 seconds many plays, yet Love wastes the times when he has great protection.
Because he did not see anyone open. Duh. Maybe he could try and roll out when he feels like there is just no more time.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud - Actually throwing down the field middle distance and not taking all the well defensed dump offs. Loved seeing Musgrave take to the middle and also go deep. Receivers seemed well spread out today and Jordan allowed them to come open.
Duds - stupid penalties for which there should be no excuse.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

On topic...
Studs: Defense, Wicks, both AJ's, Musgrave, Doubs, Alexander, MLF's playcalling.

Duds: Refs (2 offsides penalties on OL were NOT off sides!), fumbles.

Have to watch the film of those exact plays and see if he had anyone clearly open. There is a defense out there too…

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...or throw it away at the 5 second mark? C'mon, nobody has ever told him that? I understand trying to make something happen, but taking the sack is just dumb.
You said yourself I believe that he was in the pocket. And actually he was waiting in there and there was not much room to run outside the tackle box.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FWIW our OL is #5 in the league in pass blocking win rate (and #8 in run blocking for that matter) and top 10 in “pocket time” (time between snap and when pressure arrives on passing downs). Generally speaking the protection has been “enough”.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs- Alexander, Nixon
Duds- o line : still getting stoned in short yardage. It's just a whipping up front.
Love- looked good on mid range rhythm passes but his deep balls are nowhere near accurate. He'll waste Watson if that doesn't quickly improve.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love honestly played very well. Hopefully it’s a sign that’s he’s bouncing back from his recent rough patch.
I wouldn't go as far as to say he played very well. He played decently, but continues to struggle with touch and accuracy which has been his knock since coming out of college. There were a couple really bad reads/not seeing receivers wide open. The ball was taken out of his hands a lot in this game to establish the run which we did. That should have been enough to open up the passing game and it was still pretty lethargic. It wasn't totally on Love, but the rest of the season has to show some steady progression before I can say he's playing very well.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: D
Dline..especially the young guys, Brooks,Slaton,Wooden. Db's, Johnson, Owens, Valentine.
Jones, Dillon, Doubs, Wicks. Nixon.

Duds: Watson, Oline penalties, refs. Carlson. 1st half offense/ preparation.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't go as far as to say he played very well. He played decently, but continues to struggle with touch and accuracy which has been his knock since coming out of college. There were a couple really bad reads/not seeing receivers wide open. The ball was taken out of his hands a lot in this game to establish the run which we did. That should have been enough to open up the passing game and it was still pretty lethargic. It wasn't totally on Love, but the rest of the season has to show some steady progression before I can say he's playing very well.

He finished the game with essentially one single handful of missed throws. Of those Heath drop and two while being sacked attempted throws.

The one he grossly failed was the deep one.

Otherwise Love was very very efficient today.

Last edited:
Reaction score
He played decently, but continues to struggle with touch and accuracy which has been his knock since coming out of college.
I’m not sure if you realize he was 20/26. That’s 76.9% completion rate with a 115% Passer rating. That’s the 3rd game he’s had over a 113% passer rating.

Did Love play perfectly? No

Did he struggle with accuracy today? No

Some of you guys just don’t want him to succeed. Just Admit it. You’ve made up your minds already. You the same old rhetoric “he should be further along after 4 years in the NFL”. Which implies we should judge him in todays work.
Then when he actually plays good today you say “he should be judged on what someone said 4 years ago”.

Do you see how that might make some of us speculative on your credibility there?

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Love had a very good game. All smart passes, all but 1 good decisions, and some really nice throws.
Brooks and wooden, both had some nice plays. Blocked passes and a TFL.
Anthony Johnson JR. Great pick on his first start.
Musgrave great TD catch and saw a couple good downfield blocks.
Joe Barry - defense had a great day against a struggling team.
Jaire - was all over. Saw him baiting the QB. Back to old Jaire.

Duds: don't have anyone to really single out.

I was at the game - 15 rows behind the Packers bench. Will rewatch, but those are my live reactions.

Reaction score
Stud
Jordan Love
Luke Musgrave(great blocking today)
The RB Room
Rookie WR’s
- #37 Valentine looked like he did in Preseason again.
- Our DL as a whole just swarmed that Offense and I know they had a Backup, but we absolutely manhandled their OL.
- Our Defense did EXACTLY what we’ve expected them to do with a substandard Rypien starting. He looked scared. I’d be worried if he was our QB. 2nd Team MWC selection Jordan Love (2018) just made a 1st Team MWC selection (Rypien) look like a total novice!

2.6 yards per rush allowed!

Dud
Refs calling extra trivial penalties to make an example for the league.
Some discipline issues that should go away around weeks 3-4 that still haunt us.

Last edited:
Reaction score
We should’ve beat LA 30-3 had we not self imploded some with 2 consecutive fumbles around midfield and 2 drives stalled by penalties. Missed a makable FG.

Jordan Love just elevated to 60% completions for the season. His number has been riding since week4.

Last edited:

Don Barclay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: a whole lot of great effort on the D, nice to see Campbell back stomping fools, and I love Carrington Valentine stepping up, knowing he's gotta fill Rasul's mighty big shoes -- maybe not perfect, but attitude and effort and backing it all up making plays.

DUD: I'm so done with Josiah Deguara -- he made a couple of really nice blocks which sprung Jones (I think both times) for nice gains -- but he misses SO MANY blocks leading out on the edge....I'm no expert but I can see how this offense could be killer if the blocking, particularly from the fullback/H-back was solid. I think he's the secret dud of this offense right now, bc unlike all the youngsters, he's had enough time to polish his role and he still stinks at it.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FWIW our OL is #5 in the league in pass blocking win rate (and #8 in run blocking for that matter) and top 10 in “pocket time” (time between snap and when pressure arrives on passing downs). Generally speaking the protection has been “enough”.
That's really hard to believe. Especially the Pocket Time. I would have guessed bottom 5.

Members online

Latest posts