Game 17 - Bears Studs & Duds

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Love has played better than him this year. He's a whiny drama queen and I've had enough of that crap at the QB position. His hissy fit a month ago was Jr. High stuff.
I lost a lot of respect for Mahomes by watching that Quarterback show on Netflix. I thought it was on Netflix anyway. Not as though I don't cuss here and there, but he is foul mouthed and an ego maniac. He is good at football, but I'm kind of with you. Just don't want to deal with that type of personality again.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I lost a lot of respect for Mahomes by watching that Quarterback show on Netflix. I thought it was on Netflix anyway. Not as though I don't cuss here and there, but he is foul mouthed and an ego maniac. He is good at football, but I'm kind of with you. Just don't want to deal with that type of personality again.
Brother, I knew we'd find some common ground at some point ;)

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Brother, I knew we'd find some common ground at some point ;)

LOL....I'm kind of in the middle. I agree that I do not want another drama queen at QB, but as far as talent goes, Mahomes is much more proven talent than Jordan, for now.

I guess the whole discussion reminded me of this song:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL....I'm kind of in the middle. I agree that I do not want another drama queen at QB, but as far as talent goes, Mahomes is much more proven talent than Jordan, for now.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I mean, I would have agreed last year, but Love has been the better QB this season with arguably less to work with, particularly in early on.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I mean, I would have agreed last year, but Love has been the better QB this season with arguably less to work with, particularly in early on.
No doubt that most of us will walk away from this season with excitement about Love and his young receiving room. Hard not to, since as you said, they have been getting better and better as the season goes on. I am a big Doubs fan, but to be honest, I wouldn't be all that shocked if Wicks passes him on the depth chart next season.

Bo Melton and even Malik Heath have been a really pleasant surprise this season. Musgrave's injury sucked, but the silver lining is that I think Tucker Kraft showed that he has the chops to be a starting TE as well.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No doubt that most of us will walk away from this season with excitement about Love and his young receiving room. Hard not to, since as you said, they have been getting better and better as the season goes on. I am a big Doubs fan, but to be honest, I wouldn't be all that shocked if Wicks passes him on the depth chart next season.

Here's how I rank them. I'm not going to penalize Watson's rank due to injury so I'm rank them:

1a: Watson
1b: Reed
2a: Doubs
2b: Wicks
3a: Heath
3b: Melton
4: Toure

IOW, I think we have two legit #1 guys, two legit #2 guys and 2 legit #3 guys. That's some amazing depth. I don't see Toure making it next year.

Bo Melton and even Malik Heath have been a really pleasant surprise this season. Musgrave's injury sucked, but the silver lining is that I think Tucker Kraft showed that he has the chops to be a starting TE as well.
Not a bad problem to have.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Here's how I rank them. I'm not going to penalize Watson's rank due to injury so I'm rank them:

1a: Watson
1b: Reed
2a: Doubs
2b: Wicks
3a: Heath
3b: Melton
4: Toure

IOW, I think we have two legit #1 guys, two legit #2 guys and 2 legit #3 guys. That's some amazing depth. I don't see Toure making it next year.

Not a bad problem to have.
Fully agree. I tell you if Melton keeps playing like he has, he will pass up Heath.

Anyone catch what Bears Safety Jaquan Brisker said after the game? He claimed that the Packers wide receiver room has “no stars” and that they are “fake tough”.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Says a lot about the talent or lack there-of of him and his teammates, since they did give up 432 yards on Sunday, 308 of them through the air.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fully agree. I tell you if Melton keeps playing like he has, he will pass up Heath.

In the pass catching department maybe he has, but Heath is also a good blocker and runs some nice routes that open holes in the zone for other guys.

Anyone catch what Bears Safety Jaquan Brisker said after the game? He claimed that the Packers wide receiver room has “no stars” and that they are “fake tough”.
He also got the smackdown being told to STF U by Bears media.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok please r

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Says a lot about the talent or lack there-of of him and his teammates, since they did give up 432 yards on Sunday, 308 of them through the air.

Please read my entire post before flaming me on this. With regards to Brisket's comments about not having any stars over there. In a way he is right. What makes a star? IMO it's more than being a very good player for one year or part of a year. It takes a couple of years at least for all but the most special players to reach that status. It also takes recognition and while I am sure many NFL coaches and even some players knew the names of our guys I don't think that they really feared hem like you would a star. OK, so that addresses the "stars over there" comment. Now my take.

We may not have any stars but we have a bunch of guys who played some really good football this season. We have a bunch of guys that played much better than I think 95% of the people thought they would. We have a bunch of guys who played really well together and have showed no reason to make us think they wont get even better. We have a bunch of guys who, while they may not be stars yet, certainly played like stars and have very good chances to become one.

Lastly we have a bunch of guys who torched briskets team...twice.

I'm sure I won't be the first to have said this but I haven't seen it anywhere.

What is the Packers favorite meal? SMOKED BRISKER.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
In the pass catching department maybe he has, but Heath is also a good blocker and runs some nice routes that open holes in the zone for other guys.

He also got the smackdown being told to STF U by Bears media.
And Aaron Jones and Preston jumped on him