Game 17 - Bears Studs & Duds

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Their known ceiling is some of the greatest QB play we have ever seen...
Not so much this season. And his meltdown a month ago was also the absolute most childish thing I've ever seen. Literally wanting to assault an official for making a correct call and then being dumb enough to double down on it 30 minutes later from the podium. Either way, I'm done arguing over this silliness. There's a game in 5 days.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Not so much this season. And his meltdown a month ago was also the absolute most childish thing I've ever seen. Literally wanting to assault an official for making a correct call and then being dumb enough to double down on it 30 minutes later from the podium. Either way, I'm done arguing over this silliness. There's a game in 5 days.

Did you actually ever start arguing?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our second stringers have started all year. Now you may be referring to third stringers.
Backtiari does not even count. And the ones playing now are our starters. Though some have reservations about center and R guard; there is no one better on the bench right now. The backups we have now don't cut it for the future. imo

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Backtiari does not even count. And the ones playing now are our starters. Though some have reservations about center and R guard; there is no one better on the bench right now. The backups we have now don't cut it for the future. imo
One big plus for the Packers this past season was the health of the OL. As you mention, they lost Bakhtiari, but that was right out of the gate. Other than that, there were only a few missed games by Jenkins, while the rest of the OL stayed pretty healthy. I don't remember a season when the Packers were that healthy on the OL. This had to have helped Jordan and the offense quite a bit.

Side note, if Bahk is done in GB, one thing I won't miss is trying to remember the spelling of his last name. Phonetically, seems it should be spelled "Bahktiari".

Reaction score
From another thread

Given the below from another thread, wouldn't they be looking for more than one each CB and safety?
My thoughts at Safety are conflicted. I’m not a big fan of Savage. However we could offer him a more modest $ deal to keep a veteran presence and he accepted I’d be ok. I’d also consider going outside FA similar to the Amos deal. Those ideas would push the need for another Safety down to RD3-4. Right now I truly believe if we drafted Nubin towards the top of the draft and kept Ford and kept Owens and Johnson as backups? We’d be fine.

If we went CB inside our first 3 selections I think we’re fine. I think Stokes will be back and we still gave J’aire. Also Valentine has a good amount of playing time.

The key here is ADDING one more.
Copper DeJean, J’aire Alexander, Eric Stokes, Kesean Nixon, Carrington Valentine.. plus the best 2 of 4 others fighting for CB6 and PS? That’s where my head is at yeah. 1 more really good draftee to the current group and imo we’re good to go.

That said. I’m not at all opposed to grabbing a 6th/7th Round development player either S or CB But it’s not imperative. Give me DeJean and Nubin and that fixes beaucoup

Last edited:

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love has played better than him this year. He's a whiny drama queen and I've had enough of that crap at the QB position. His hissy fit a month ago was Jr. High stuff.

Wipe...your....chin.
Brady flipped out plenty if times to. It's an emotional game. Hate to break it to you but there will be a time Love does to.

As for the "wipe your chin" comment well that just shows a complete lack of self awareness on your part

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brady flipped out plenty if times to. It's an emotional game. Hate to break it to you but there will be a time Love does to.

He'll never embarrass himself, his team, and his fans by throwing a childish tantrum because he didn't get special treatment from the refs though. That prima donna attitude is a big negative. Twenty years of that crap is enough.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
My thoughts at Safety are conflicted. I’m not a big fan of Savage. However we could offer him a more modest $ deal to keep a veteran presence and he accepted I’d be ok. It would push the need for another Safety down to RD3-4. Right now I truly believe if we drafted Nubin towards the top of the draft and kept Ford and kept Owens and Johnson as backups? We’d be fine.

If we went CB inside our first 3 selections I think we’re fine. I think Stokes will be back and we still gave J’aire. Also Valentine has a good amount of playing time.

The key here is ADDING one more.
Copper DeJean, J’aire Alexander, Eric Stokes, Kesean Nixon, Carrington Valentine.. yeah adding 1 more really good draftee to the current group and imo we’re good to go.

That said. I’m not at all opposed to grabbing a 6th/7th Round development player either. But that’s where my head is at yeah.

I think the Defense is missing a solid Safety and needs to use one of those first 3 picks on one. I'm fine with resigning Savage, on a reasonable deal for just an average starter. However, Owens is just way to inconsistent, same with Ford and well Johnson has some growing to do, he isn't a starter quality S.

As far as CB, I guess that depends on how the Packers rate Stokes and Valentine. You can never have too many good corners. Also, what they do with Nixon will have an impact on the draft. Nixon's 1 year deal is up and who knows what he will want in the way of a new contract. As far as Jaire goes, I don't think the Packers can realistically get out from under his current contract, so as long as he isn't demanding a trade and he isn't locker room cancer, he will be one of your starting CB's.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
He'll never embarrass himself, his team, and his fans by throwing a childish tantrum because he didn't get special treatment from the refs though. That prima donna attitude is a big negative. Twenty years of that crap is enough.
I think this stuff creeps in after 5-6 years of being the starter and leader. "My guys" I grew with have been replaced and the new guys "just don't get it" quick enough.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think this stuff creeps in after 5-6 years of being the starter and leader. "My guys" I grew with have been replaced and the new guys "just don't get it" quick enough.
I will say one thing about Love and this is a backhanded compliment to Rodgers as well. He watched Rodgers play for 3 years, he probably got a good idea of what being angry and not being angry was all about. Rodgers for the most part played under control, but when he did stare down a teammate or threw a tablet on the sideline, Love was there to watch and gauge how it impacted other teammates, as well as Packer fans and the media.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will say one thing about Love and this is a backhanded compliment to Rodgers as well. He watched Rodgers play for 3 years, he probably got a good idea of what being angry and not being angry was all about. Rodgers for the most part played under control, but when he did stare down a teammate or threw a tablet on the sideline, Love was there to watch and gauge how it impacted other teammates, as well as Packer fans and the media.
I could see Love throwing a tablet, but I think if he does, it will be a calculated decision. If you do it all the time, your teammates roll their eyes and say, "Welp, there he goes again." If it's a rare occurrence, the response is more likely to be, "Oh, ****, somebody ****** up. Better get it in gear."

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahhhh we're allready at Saint Love for people (or rather 1 poster)

He can never do wrong. If he does it'll be a calculated choice. I wouldn't trade him for litterally anyone in the history of football. He'll never lose again and if he does its because everyone else failed him. The only reason they he didn't score was because of the play call. If he throws a pick it'll be because he wants the D to get extra game reps.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Ahhhh we're allready at Saint Love for people (or rather 1 poster)

He can never do wrong. If he does it'll be a calculated choice. I wouldn't trade him for litterally anyone in the history of football. He'll never lose again and if he does its because everyone else failed him. The only reason they he didn't score was because of the play call. If he throws a pick it'll be because he wants the D to get extra game reps.
Glad to see you are finally thinking about getting on the Love Train.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So now AR was a prima donna for 20 years?

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad to see you are finally thinking about getting on the Love Train.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
lol.

Been riding that train since draft night.

Just cause I'm on that train doesn't mean I gotta say something asinine like "We know how good Mahomes is but we don't know how good Love will be so id rather have Love" lol

Like seriously. What point is being made with that statement? lol

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think a Packer fan with green and gold tinted glasses on, tends to overvalue Packer players. Now I do agree that if Love continues to progress and plays consistently at the level of a Mahomes, Gute will have grabbed the 3rd FHOF QB in a row, that most other teams passed on. Love is 3 years younger and currently being paid a ton less than Mahomes.

I haven't seen the latest 2024 cap money available for free agency, but along with the current draft picks (11) and the estimated 3 Comp Picks; 4th round (Allen Lazard), 6th round (Jarran Reed), 6th round (Dean Lowery), Gute is going to have a ton of ammo to improve this team.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They may not get to All Pro status but they did surprise a lot of people. When you look at the Packers Injured list week to week it gave our bench and PS a lot of experience. We could not have won 9 games without their performance. And really they can only get better.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
** Kevin King enters the chat. ** or if you prefer
** <enter rookie that flamed out year two here> **
He did. But they had high expectations for him. There really was not any YOUNG player on our roster including PS at the start of this season that we expected to light up the world. And that includes Love.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol.

Been riding that train since draft night.

Just cause I'm on that train doesn't mean I gotta say something asinine like "We know how good Mahomes is but we don't know how good Love will be so id rather have Love" lol

Imagine the response Gute would get if he called up Brett Veach and said “Let’s make a deal. Mahomes for Love, straight up. You already know Mahomes’ ceiling and for all you know Love could end up being better than that. Plus Mahomes yelled at a ref once….AND Love costs way less. We’re really doing you a favor here when you think about it. Wouldn’t you like someone who could possibly end up being being as good or better at some point?”

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here.

Members online

Latest posts