Skin stud n dud

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Rodgers is not operating the offense at a high level right now. That much is clear. However, attempting to pin the blame for that on Adams doesn't add up, especially today. The guy only had 6 targets.

TEXPAC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to play better for “da bears” next weekend. They are playing well and we need to keep it going.

It’s officially BEAR WEEK!

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We won! That's great obviously. Assuming we make the playoffs, we're going to be relying a bit too much on our opponents playing down to our level than I'd like, but all it takes is a string of 3 or 4 good games and a few lucky breaks.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing that hasn’t already been said. Consistency on offense just isn’t there. Hasn’t been all year. Just can’t seem to get passed the surge sputter.

We had great field position almost all day, started out great and then looked completely different with brief glimpses of anything successful. They “can” be better and I expected a lot of this earlier, but getting to now and winning, I expected them to be operating more smoothly.

Jones is probably only stud one offense. Congrats to Tonyan for his first TD but nothing stud worthy.

defense had smiths, Amos, Clark, Martinez had pretty decent game too.

Duds? Billy turner, GMO, I know he was ruled down, butbthat ball is always moving when makes a catch. It’s unnerving. I expect him to fumble or drop it depending on if he catches it, or not every time he’s targeted.

GBowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud: Where would this team be without Aaron Jones? He’s about all we have on O.
Duds: numerous

I’m glad to see some on here actually agree with my assessment of these Packers. They just aren’t good enough to play with the big boys imo. I have to blame some of the lethargic offense on Rodgers. When they show the camera angles from his point of view, he’s simply passing up a ton of throws he used to make. And his clock management has been horrible. Maybe the plays aren’t getting in quickly enough, but come on man. You’re HOF material, yet the clock is always on its’ last tick. He’s not taking the short reads and moving the chains. He’s always looking for the big gainer. I’m afraid he’s not a fan of the run game. It cuts into his stats. I want to be excited about this team, but I just can’t be. Playoffs don’t mean much if you’re humiliated and one and done. I really hope I’m wrong.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Studs :Jones, 1/2 stud to punt return, Smith Bro’s ill give a stud to Redskins Haskins, took a beating but hung in there..
Duds : 2,3,4th quarter offense, Dbacks, Jimmy G
Jimmy.g a dud? Lmao.

He was wide open and rodgers missed him

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GMo is a free agent fortunately after this year, and as such he needs to get kicked outta here. Hell NO to giving him any new contract after this season.

I withheld him from the dud list today only because his knee went down when the Redskin player tagged him. But good god he has awful ball security and is a fumble machine.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He's the same guy who after every game claims to see receivers open on every single play, despite the numerous replays showing otherwise.

Did Rodgers miss some throws, yep two to my count. But there were multiple instances of not a single guy having separation down field. At this point though he might as well chuck it up & hope for the best.
He needs to hit the open recievers, when they are wide open

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The Packers were 13-18-1 over two years coming into this season.

They are in their first year with a new head coach and second year with a new GM and they are sitting at 10-3 with the playoffs all but assured and a bye week in play.

They are undoubtedly a flawed team. I think it's reasonable to say they are on the 2nd tier of the NFC.

But this season is a resounding success. It was and is unlikely that Petals would win a Super Bowl in his first season as a HC. This year, to me, has always been about laying a foundation and creating some success to build on.

And of course, if things click and the team gets got in the post season, anything is possible.

WillyP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
+ 1st quarter
+ a Win

-Rest of the game

Last edited:

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to play better for “da bears” next weekend. They are playing well and we need to keep it going.

It’s officially BEAR WEEK!

The Niners have cleared the way for the #2 seed. All we have to do is grab it. We control that destiny.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's the same guy who after every game claims to see receivers open on every single play, despite the numerous replays showing otherwise.

Did Rodgers miss some throws, yep two to my count. But there were multiple instances of not a single guy having separation down field. At this point though he might as well chuck it up & hope for the best.

Go find a replay of the game. Watch the drive that starts in the middle of the 3rd quarter. Now look at something other than Rodgers holding the ball.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
A. Jones
Crosby
Scott
Special teams in general, versus prior weeks
Smiths
Amos

Duds:
Nobody was a total dud.

The Packers got off to a nice lead and then played very, very conservatively on both offense and defense. It's not pretty to watch, but it's smart to get the W against a weak team. The Redskins had just won back to back games. The Vikings only beat Washington by 10. The 49ers only beat them by 9. This was an 11 point game until garbage time.

Would it have been nice to win by three touchdowns? Sure. Getting the win was the only thing that mattered and the ultra-conservative approach was appropriate and it worked. Would it have worked against a good team like the Vikes, 49ers or Saints? No. We must all hope that MLF can dial it up when appropriate and the team can execute.

But the result of today is that if the Packers win out they are guaranteed a bye week. That's a very good place to be. Three games to play. One mediocre team, one very good team and one poor team, all in the division.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GMo is a free agent fortunately after this year, and as such he needs to get kicked outta here. Hell NO to giving him any new contract after this season.

I withheld him from the dud list today only because his knee went down when the Redskin player tagged him. But good god he has awful ball security and is a fumble machine.

Fumble machine? Ahman Green was a fumble machine, at least in September and October.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fumble machine? Ahman Green was a fumble machine, at least in September and October.
But Ahman touched the ball a lot. Gmo gets 1-5 passes a game and I swear he fumbles half the ones he catches. maybe not lost, but it comes loose. Or he bobbles and drops it. I don't trust the ball in his hands. he comes up with some clutch catches and the next? we always just have to find out.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And of course, if things click and the team gets got in the post season, anything is possible.

You definitely weren't the clown on the radio calling in saying they need to lose out, get better draft picks and get rid of the GM.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But Ahman touched the ball a lot. Gmo gets 1-5 passes a game and I swear he fumbles half the ones he catches. maybe not lost, but it comes loose. Or he bobbles and drops it. I don't trust the ball in his hands. he comes up with some clutch catches and the next? we always just have to find out.

He has about 1 fumble for every 22 touches. He has a total of 4 in 4 years. But two of those were plays that most guys would have fumbled. One was a helmet square on the ball. Another was right after a catch he turned and a guy was right there and punched it out. He had no way of seeing that coming. I can't specifically recall the nature of the other ones.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uber Stud
Tyler Ervin. 51 yds in punt returns?!?! Funny when his first 3 returns were new season longs for the Packers

Stud
Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams. Like these guys
First 2 series. I though the final score would be 51-0.

Duds
Bahk, what the hell is going on with him?
Bulaga, got manhandled.
Game plan after first 2 drives. MLF - not only do a game plan, try and predict the other teams adjustments and plan your response. Your GP should be evolving throughout the game. I don't think you do a good job in this area.

Non stud but not a dud

Aaron Rodgers - he is not throwing to open WRs. He misses a dozen a game and those can make a big difference in the end. He also made some bad throws. But I thought he also made some really nice throws.

And those who think he isn't not seeing open WRs, they rarely show a view on TV where you can see it. But if you watch for it, you will see it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has about 1 fumble for every 22 touches. He has a total of 4 in 4 years. But two of those were plays that most guys would have fumbled. One was a helmet square on the ball. Another was right after a catch he turned and a guy was right there and punched it out. He had no way of seeing that coming. I can't specifically recall the nature of the other ones.
Fumbles he lost. I’m talking letting the ball get loose. Today won’t ever see a future stat sheet, but it’s hard to ignore. For me anyway

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Studs-
Special Teams?
Amos
Jimmy Graham
DL
Aaron Jones

Duds-
Rodgers
Williams
GMO
Rest of the pass catchers

Hate to say it, but this team will not win a playoff game. They are not rolling on any level.

Reaction score
Studs: Kenny, Amos, both Smiths, Crosby, A.J. and our Punt returner Tyler.

Duds: Offense performance (or lack thereof) as a whole.
I liked that we won, but this was the most disappointing Win I've seen this season. Had this been an early season game? I'd be content with that type of performance. We should be farther along on Offense right now. We probably had the best starting field position all season and we looked substandard on Offense.