Game 7 - Minnesota- Studs and Duds

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they look so bad I'm gonna start betting lose in the little pool I'm in. Maybe that will help.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you will see them stick with Love through 2024. The team around him is not very good. Bringing someone in next season will not help until we can get a better O line and some more experience on both sides of the ball. Once you upgrade to that point you look for a QB who can develop with a better team around him.
Good point. No quicker way to destroy a rookie QB's confidence than a weak OL in front of him. But if this season continues, I'd still grab one of the top QBs and sit him behind Love for 2024. Use other picks in 2024 and again in 2025 to rebuild the OL and have a QB ready for 2025. Maybe look to add to the OL in FA, but the draft is preferable.

I only say this because I'm so convinced Love is not a starting QB in the NFL, and 2024 may be a great opportunity to get a QB, considering this disaster of a season.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good point. No quicker way to destroy a rookie QB's confidence than a weak OL in front of him. But if this season continues, I'd still grab one of the top QBs and sit him behind Love for 2024. Use other picks in 2024 and again in 2025 to rebuild the OL and have a QB ready for 2025. Maybe look to add to the OL in FA, but the draft is preferable.

I only say this because I'm so convinced Love is not a starting QB in the NFL, and 2024 may be a great opportunity to get a QB, considering this disaster of a season.

Personally if I'm letting Love start the 2024 season I'm not drafting a QB till 3rd or 4th round at earliest. Waste of a chance of a high end player to build around Love IF he clicks. The impact trickle effect in the draft of using a pick on a QB is strong....we still need at minimum IMO two OL starters, really need a CB now too likely and that's before the need of someone opposite Gary as Smith isn't getting younger and Enagbare appears to be a good depth guy at most....safety is still autrociously thin too.

If we are walking away from Love, this team needed to tear down to the studs...trading just Rasul was not enough. Move Preston for anything 4th or higher, Campbell...Jaire especially....and even sadly Kenny Clark. At the same time you give MLF an option if you want to stay as part of this rebuild process you gotta clean the coaching house of every main one except Rich and many of the others under them. We are in full blown rebuild not an attempted reload.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

Draft and build a dominating OL like Dallas did 30 years ago and even a poser like Troy Achy-breaky-man would look like a HOFer. Didn't Wolf always look to build from the trenches out?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we continue to improve but still miss the playoffs, I think we'll look back at this Viking game as the reason why.

OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

May or may not be true. Look at this time last season. Almost identical results in W/L and scoring average with HOF QB and veteran receivers. Scary how identical the two seasons are. Defense has been better this season imo.

Members online

Latest posts