Skin stud n dud

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Win is a win but it's very hard to get excited about post season aspirations at this point. Niners Seahawks, saints and imo Vikings all feel like much better teams than us and that doesn't even begin to consider the Ravens, pats and chiefs.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't feel confident in this team in the playoffs and I feel we are probably the 4th or 5th best team in the NFC.

That said, I'm constantly reminded of past teams that rolled to 12-4 or 15-1(2011) and didn't do crap in the playoffs bc they laid an egg after having a season full of blowout wins

So who knows, maybe they "figure it all out" a month from now and we can get hot. I suppose, like AR said, I'd rather win ugly now and just get to the SB. There are ZERO style points in the NFL and even past Packer teams that had "****" blowout wins usually didn't do anything in the playoffs lol..

So I don't think it really matters at the end honestly

Any given Sunday

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They got open? What game were you watching?
guys were open all game but a few plays.

studs? the smiths. the whole D pretty much. glad to see pettine dial up pressure today. they looked like they did early in the season. they were hung out to dry by the O again though. aaron jones.
duds? anyone who stepped foot into the qb room. lol

Last edited:

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe that this team is maybe the 10th best in the NFC. Philly is still in contention at 7-5 and they man handled the Packers at home. There are at least 8 or 9 teams in the NFC that look head and shoulders above Green Bay. Any given Sunday? Against Washington and NYG sure. Not against anybody good or even average.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe that this team is maybe the 10th best in the NFC. Philly is still in contention at 7-5 and they man handled the Packers at home. There are at least 8 or 9 teams in the NFC that look head and shoulders above Green Bay. Any given Sunday? Against Washington and NYG sure. Not against anybody good or even average.
Which 9 NFC teams are head and shoulders better than the Packers?

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ugliest win I’ve seen in a long time.

It feels so good that this team is going to be in the playoffs, but you just can’t be excited about winning a super bowl after games like this.

Unless AR12 goes God mode again like 2016, they’re just not going to do it.

AR12 going God mode in 2016 didn't seem to help us back then either. If anyone who didn't know the standings read this thread they would think we were the Lions...

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That right there is enough to ignore everything else he says. Anybody that out of touch with what has been happening in the NFL is not qualified to start offering opinions about which teams are better than others. Philly lost to Miami last week for %@#$& sake.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After a good start with our opening drives, and the D giving us a few short fields for the O, was disappointed to come out with only 2TD's and 20 points, especially after putting up 30+ on the giants AWAY last week. apart from the inconsistency, my other concern is there seems to be no hurry up offence, the times when we've used it are the times we look more than averageously dangerous, a damn frustrating season considering being 10-3. the D may not be the best stats wise, but there generally keeping the most important stat low, points against, this has given us so many chances to the O that haven't been able to take them.

studs
Jones & williams, Amos, the brothers Smith, Ervin

Duds
no one sticks out in my mind as a complete dud, but too much inconsistency

JimWB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All is not lost for the Pack. Although, they're looking mediocre, at best, they have won 10 games and guaranteed to make the playoffs. Home field advantage could be huge. Everyone gushes over the talent on our Vikings, but they rarely put it all together. It wouldnt surprise me if they miss the playoffs - again.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't quite give him a stud without breaking a big run or a TD, but it was very refreshing to see a nice smooth catch, and a respectable return for once.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs...Jones, Amos, D line...Alexander, Martinez played well.

Duds...I thought the two OTs; in general I thought the pass plays were poor. I often see receivers running routes and just stop (I guess that is what they are told to do) but they are not open and often two or three of them are so close together that it is not difficult to defend. And in general it just doesn't seem like they try hard enough to spread it around. Too many decoys instead of route running to get open.

hasamikun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
guys were open all game but a few plays.

studs? the smiths. the whole D pretty much. glad to see pettine dial up pressure today. they looked like they did early in the season. they were hung out to dry by the O again though. aaron jones.

I agree. This game felt like the first games of the season where the defense balled out and played really well but was too much on the field because the offense couldnt stay on the field after the 1st quarter. The Offense took 3 steps back in this game, except Aaron Jones.

-The Oline is either Top 5 or swiss cheese
- Rodgers throws 1,2 vintage Godgers passes every game but then fails to keep the offense going on multiple occasions. he missed some open guys , that would have been TDs. Jimmy G or Kumerow on the same play; Jones on multiple plays and Lazard at least once.
- MLF continues to take Aaron jones out on really important downs. The Offense only works when Jones is the center piece

The Redskins werent that dumb when they sad that they want to take out the run game only. The passing game is not scary at all in the moment, even with Rodgers under center. The Redskins had so many injuries and young inexperienced players on the field and Packers didnt take advantage of it. I am fine with ugly wins but the inconsistency will kill the Packers in the playoffs.

D

Deleted member 6794

This teams inconsistency is ridiculous. I dont feel good about this team.

It's really tough to understand that most Packers fans seem to be complaining while the team currently sits in second place in the NFC at 10-3.

Duds: offense and play calling as a whole

And not hanging 40 plus points on a garbage defense

FYI Washington currently has a better scoring defense than the Seahawks.

I’m glad to see some on here actually agree with my assessment of these Packers. They just aren’t good enough to play with the big boys imo. I have to blame some of the lethargic offense on Rodgers. When they show the camera angles from his point of view, he’s simply passing up a ton of throws he used to make. And his clock management has been horrible. Maybe the plays aren’t getting in quickly enough, but come on man. You’re HOF material, yet the clock is always on its’ last tick. He’s not taking the short reads and moving the chains. He’s always looking for the big gainer. I’m afraid he’s not a fan of the run game. It cuts into his stats. I want to be excited about this team, but I just can’t be. Playoffs don’t mean much if you’re humiliated and one and done. I really hope I’m wrong.

If only the Packers would have given up 46 points to another NFC contender yesterday I'm quite sure you would feel way better about them. Mentioning Rodgers doesn't appreciate finally having a running game as well as a defense to rely on is BS.

I believe that this team is maybe the 10th best in the NFC. There are at least 8 or 9 teams in the NFC that look head and shoulders above Green Bay.

That is absolutely ridiculous.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Dear Lord....put the booze down for a bit before posting next time :eek:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
9 or 10 teams clearly head and shoulders better huh? who LOL Saints, 9er's...

That's 2. who else? just going to toss some other names in for fun? The Vikings, Seahawks? If you think they're heads and shoulders better, you haven't been watching at all. They have as many issues as we do, they're just different. The Rams? let them, they probably won't even be in the playoffs.

and we're not even playing that great. I know it's a big if, but if this offense finds its groove and can stay consistent, we're right there. Wilson already has been playing lights out, it's why he's in the top 2 for MVP discussion. MN? already beat them, they have issues. Sure they could beat us, they're a good team, but you have an odd definition of "heads and shoulders above" putting them up there after already losing to us and needing their own ugly, ugly wins this year at times.

We're winning by sputtering a long. If this thing ever roars to life, nobody has seen our best game, I think we've seen near ceiling games for the rest.

hasamikun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's really tough to understand that most Packers fans seem to be complaining while the team currently sits in second place in the NFC at 10-3.

I am just complaining that the team is so extremely inconsistent. I dont complain about anything else.
The team is pretty good when you think them being under a rookie HC in his first year as HC ever. People were predicting them being 8-8 at the end of the season so the Packer exceeded everyones expectations, mine included. They also win games that they wouldnt have won in the last couple seasons which is a sign of a good football team. But its hard to feel optimistic for the Playoffs when I see which teams most likely be there.

I love the team and the fact that they are winning. I also dont expect them to blow every opponent out. But I would love if they play one complete game and not only a couple good quarters and then break down.

FaninColorado

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All is not lost for the Pack. Although, they're looking mediocre, at best, they have won 10 games and guaranteed to make the playoffs. Home field advantage could be huge. Everyone gushes over the talent on our Vikings, but they rarely put it all together. It wouldnt surprise me if they miss the playoffs - again.

While the Vikings could miss the playoffs, it would require the Rams to play the rest of the year like they played last night vs. the Seahawks. Vikings have @Chargers, Packers, and Bears. Not exactly an easy schedule, but doable. Rams still have to travel to Dallas and SF before finishing with Cardinals at home. Dallas isn't very good, but at home can beat the Rams. That Niners game will be tough so it would make the playoffs easier to achieve.

Once in the playoffs... any team can win it all with some good bounces.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which 9 NFC teams are head and shoulders better than the Packers?
Minnesota, Chicago, New Orleans, Dallas, Philly, Niners, Seahawks and Rams. At Detroit? Might be 9. The Packers somehow beat 4 of those teams. After that performance yesterday, I stand by my comments. It's sad that a lot of you can't even fathom the thought that this team, RIGHT NOW, isn't very good. What they did 4, 5, 6 weeks ago doesn't matter. Some of you act like I kicked your dog or insulted your mother. In the words of our incredibly ordinary QB, r-e-l-a-x!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts