Game 9 - Studs and Duds - Pittsburgh

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Studs - Dillon, Love, Reed

Duds - Jones, Gary, Wyatt, Slaton, 1st half run defense, LaFleur (too many pass plays again, bad gadget plays)

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was fine with the pass heavy offense. It was our best bet to move the ball.
Very happy with Love. Except that last pass. He must have expected the WR to cross the face of the defender, I don't know.

Aaron Jones is the biggest disappointment. 2 important drops right in his hands.

Biggest dud, the ref who didn't overturn the forward pass ruling. It was clearly a half to a full yard backwards.

OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Big dud are the drops. Love could have played better but the WRs aren’t helping him much at all.
Eeeesh. It's awful. Doubs is the only receiver that knows how to position his body to give Love a chance, and he still needs to gain considerable strength in his arms and shoulders because he is useless as a blocker. It pains me to see these rookies and 2nd year guys getting so many snaps. None of them have NFL bodies yet.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't get to watch the game today unfortunately. Give to me straight doc, how bad was it?
Bad for stretches, good for stretches. Overall, I thought they looked pretty good. They did about everything but win the game. If the refs hasn't hosed us out of a fumble return touchdown, we probably would have won.

Last edited:

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Jones is the biggest disappointment. 2 important drops right in his hands.
Even bigger error than the drops...catching the pass behind the LOS with 52 seconds left in the game, and then running to the middle of the field for no gain instead of sprinting for the sideline. Cost the Packers over 20 seconds on the clock. Love would've had 4 plays from the 16 at the end instead of just 1. Rookie mistake by a 7 yr vet leader.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud Love threw two game killing ints. Dud Watson bad hands.

Reaction score
This was a weird game for me. Obviously I don’t want to lose, but #10 actually showed some really good growth. We improved our draft position and Love n Co kept us in this game down to :03 seconds. It was a very close game actually. Anyone could’ve won this game, which tells me another year of growth and 1 or 2 upgrades on OL and 1 more good Receiving threat would start winning some close games.

Stud:
Love’s led Offense putting up 400 yards of Offense on the Road.
Nixon
Reed

Dud:
Kicking team.
That missed Xtra Point forced us to go for it on 4th down to close the game. A score of 20-23 and we would’ve had a shorter FG forcing OT. Once again all that will get pounded on is “Jordan Love throws 2 INT” by those on the outside who love to watch scores but not games. We had 2 Kickoffs nearly hit the Cone post. That should never happen, much less on consecutive Kickoffs.

Run Defense.
Allowing 200+ again to a lackluster Offense is unacceptable. 2 iDL on a goal to go?? That should’ve been 4 DL shoulder to shoulder.
At one point I barely recognized any starting DB’s names. It was like our scrub team playing. When Rudy Ford is your most experience DB you know you’re bad.
Defense as a whole allowing 17 points in the first half.

Last edited:

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eeeesh. It's awful. Doubs is the only receiver that knows how to position his body to give Love a chance, and he still needs to gain considerable strength in his arms and shoulders because he is useless as a blocker. It pains me to see these rookies and 2nd year guys getting so many snaps. None of them have NFL bodies yet.
I like what I've seen with Wicks too.

AGreen2AJones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Doubs
Reed
Jones

Both:
Love. Horrible Interceptions

Duds:
Officials