Skin stud n dud

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All is not lost for the Pack. Although, they're looking mediocre, at best, they have won 10 games and guaranteed to make the playoffs. Home field advantage could be huge. Everyone gushes over the talent on our Vikings, but they rarely put it all together. It wouldnt surprise me if they miss the playoffs - again.

I don't think they'll be eliminated from the playoffs because I just don't see the Bears or even the Rams beating them out, even if the latter did beat Seattle last night.

But I see zero chance they win if they get forced to play on the road barring it being in Dallas.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Minnesota, Chicago, New Orleans, Dallas, Philly, Niners, Seahawks and Rams. At Detroit? Might be 9. The Packers somehow beat 4 of those teams. After that performance yesterday, I stand by my comments. It's sad that a lot of you can't even fathom the thought that this team, RIGHT NOW, isn't very good. What they did 4, 5, 6 weeks ago doesn't matter. Some of you act like I kicked your dog or insulted your mother. In the words of our incredibly ordinary QB, r-e-l-a-x!

1. Well, we'll find out this week if that's the case. I haven't seen much out of them to suggest that they've suddenly become a good team

2. A team who we not only beat but is blowing it big time and could be firing their HC at season's end is better than us? Really?

3. With Blough at QB? Umm NO

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol, trust me we are all demanding the offense get better and no they can't keep playing like this the rest of the way out.

But you really made yourself look foolish here because Philly has the exact opposite record of what you just posted at 5-7

The Lions are a better team than us bro...duh.... LOL

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The frustration is understandable. I myself felt it yesterday because I didn't feel this team played up to its capabilities and nobody likes when a team plays down to the level of an opponent.

But painting two crappy NFC East teams, a bad offense Bears team and a Detroit team without Stafford in the top 9. Jeezus

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys are all idiots...I mean the Bengals are better than us clearly as well....oh we just talking NFC....well than give me the Giants in a best of 10 with us to clearly win 1 and therefore be better than us.

H

HardRightEdge

He might mean rodgers is looking at him and no one else..that's why he is patting the ball and takes sacks or throws away

Just because adams doesn't have them thrown to him doesn't mean rodgers doesn't have the tunnel vision
That is, in a word, ridiculous.

H

HardRightEdge

Wssp mentioned it today as well. A specific play where Williams was open in flat and would have got a 1st down..Aaron held on 3 secs longer to get to adams and it didn't workn
I don't care who mentioned it. It's ridiculous on it's face. QBs who can't read a progression don't get out of their first training camp let alone the HOF. Rodgers has been passing up open receivers underneath from time to time to go downfield his entire career, as did his predecessor. If you're not used to it by now after nearly three decades I guess you never will.

By the way, referencing your other comments, all QBs misfire to open receivers downfield other than the rare exceptional game.

You are looking for problems in the wrong places.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys are all idiots...I mean the Bengals are better than us clearly as well....oh we just talking NFC....well than give me the Giants in a best of 10 with us to clearly win 1 and therefore be better than us.

Funny enough they're beating the Eagles right now, though obviously that one's a long way from over.

It is a nuts league sometimes, I mean if you had said the Texans would play spectacularly against the Patriots but then awful against the Broncos the following week, people would probably think that was absurd. Yet ... It happened just the same.

Anyway, Mr LetzBreel seems to think a vast majority here just drink koolaid. That's not the case at all as Rodgers play and sometimes the defense have shown bad signs to be concerned about. But there are not 9 NFC teams who are better right now - yes we saw that tagline - than the Packers.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
That is, in a word, ridiculous.

If people are telling themselves that Rodgers had tunnel vision for Adams in a game where he didn't lead the team in targets and Rodgers targeted ten different players on offense then they just want to believe a narrative. I don't know what else to say.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't care who mentioned it. It's ridiculous on it's face. QBs who can't read a progression don't get out of their first training camp let alone the HOF. Rodgers has been passing up open receivers underneath from time to time to go downfield his entire career, as did his predecessor. If you're not used to it by now after nearly three decades I guess you never will.

By the way, referencing your other comments, all QBs misfire to open receivers downfield other than the rare exceptional game.

You are looking for problems in the wrong places.
Your mis quoting me.

I was referencing Gutes post..that's why I said HE MIGHT MEAN..

I then only quoted what I heard on wssp.

Never once did I imply it was my thoughts

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's interesting... I've read that Petals isn't any better than MM and that Pettine isn't any better than Capers, and yet here we are-- 10 wins with three games left to play. I wonder how that works.

2019 offensive yards ranking: 23 (340.1)
2019 offensive points ranking: 13 (23.8)

2018 offensive yards ranking: 12 (369.1)
2018 offensive points ranking: 14 (23.5)

2019 defensive yards ranking: 22 (367.9)
2019 defensive points ranking: 13 (20.8)

2017 defensive yards ranking: 22 (348.9)
2017 defensive points ranking: 26 (24.0)

So far, MLF's offense is about the same as MM's in terms of points scored, and is worse than MM in terms of yardage. Pettine is giving up more yards than Capers, but is also giving up fewer points than Capers did.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
2019 offensive yards ranking: 23 (340.1)
2019 offensive points ranking: 13 (23.8)

2018 offensive yards ranking: 12 (369.1)
2018 offensive points ranking: 14 (23.5)

2019 defensive yards ranking: 22 (367.9)
2019 defensive points ranking: 13 (20.8)

2017 defensive yards ranking: 22 (348.9)
2017 defensive points ranking: 26 (24.0)

So far, MLF's offense is about the same as MM's in terms of points scored, and is worse than MM in terms of yardage. Pettine is giving up more yards than Capers, but is also giving up fewer points than Capers did.

2019 point differential: +39 (so far)
2018 point differential: -24

They still decide games based on who scores more, right?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Bit strong there bud ? Calling people idiots isn`t very nice.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2019 point differential: +39 (so far)
2018 point differential: -24

They still decide games based on who scores more, right?

Pettine is doing better with points allowed. I only commented that MLF's offense is no better than MM's, which is supported by the stats.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Pettine is doing better with points allowed. I only commented that MLF's offense is no better than MM's, which is supported by the stats.

But not the eye test.

When Rodgers actually operates Petals' offense, as in the first quarter when sequences are scripted, the Packers are one of the most efficient offenses in the NFL. Only the Ravens and Patriots have scored more points in the opening quarter.

Furthermore, the Packers actually have a semblance of balance and a running game, which was historically bad under McCarthy.

Furthermore, McCarthy's 2018 Packers played the 5th easiest schedule in the NFL.

Furthermore, you're trying to compare the Packers in year one of a new system to the Packers in year thirteen of McCarthy's system.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
an old saying, but here goes

Stats are like mini-skirts, great to look at, but hide the most important stuff

just because some stats don't look as good, it doesn't mean they're not effective

Members online

Latest posts