Skin stud n dud

D

Deleted member 6794

just because some stats don't look as good, it doesn't mean they're not effective

The Packers have been effective winning games but I understand concern about facing better opponents in the playoffs based on several stats.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The inconsistency is what concerns me. Despite our areas of weakness, I've seen enough to know this team "can" perform well enough on offense and defense to win few games in the postseason. They aren't going to likely beat a team like the 49ers 9 times out of 10, but in a one game playoff, a good game would put them in a good position to do so. On the flip side, this teams has shown its ability to struggle thru stretches of a game and be their own worst enemy. It's easier to outlast those bad stretches against lesser teams, but it's a different story in the playoffs.

though, this team has found different ways to win. That can go along way in hardening a team for the postseason push. I've seen plenty of teams win pretty all year and lose big. The Packers a couple times. 2011, when the Falcons came in here against a 12+ win team and they were 500 and destroyed us. , Denver, the 98 Vikings, The below .500 seahawks pounding the defending super bowl champion Saints?

Find ways to win and get things clean up along the way. This team has the pieces to win some games once they really count.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

That fact that I called him Mcdoofus instead of McIdiot is enough. Take it, or leave it.

I`ve never even been sure you are a Packer fan. They could win the damn thing and you`ll find something to ***** about. And you can take THAT or leave it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you had told me in August that this team would be 10-3 in early December I’d have been jumping up and down. I am excited about this team - yet there still seems to be a huge gap with the Saints, Niners, and Seahawks.

But it is cool that we’re talking about playoffs at all given the last two years. I wish I could be more hopeful.....

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If you had told me in August that this team would be 10-3 in early December I’d have been jumping up and down. I am excited about this team - yet there still seems to be a huge gap with the Saints, Niners, and Seahawks.

But it is cool that we’re talking about playoffs at all given the last two years. I wish I could be more hopeful.....

Not the Seahawks. The others, yes. But not the Seahawks.

D

Deleted member 6794

Not the Seahawks. The others, yes. But not the Seahawks.

The Saints vs Niners game revealed that both of those teams have significant weaknesses on defense possible of being exploited. In addition NO will have to deal with losing Davenport and Rankins to injuries.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and.....it's official you're drunk.
I wish I would have been drunk for a lot of the Packers games this year. It would have been easier to watch. Never have I followed a team so consistently inconsistent. Having said that, let me say that I was wrong about the last 3 games and give this team all the credit for a 13-3 record. It hasn't been pretty by any stretch but it's still a tremendous accomplishment. Being a fan this year has been my biggest challenge and I don't expect the playoffs to be any different.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are definitely not on the top tier with New Orleans or San Francisco. They definitely are in the conversation with that second tier of teams-- a group of clubs that have all had inconsistency at various times throughout the year. And they are clearly above Chicago, Dallas, and Philadelphia. That's laughable.

I realize this is your schtick... "being real" as you seem to call it. But it's really no different than being a total homer. It's just the reverse. And it's really just another football forum cliche.
I really am not intending to project a "schtick", just a big fan that has never had such a love/hate relationship with a Packer team in my life. I happily admit to being wrong about the last 3 games. All anyone in 5 years will see is 13-3 - congratulations guys!

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're the one dreaming if you think the Packers are the 9th-10th best team in the conference. lol.
I should have clarified by saying that the Packers have had more than their share of bad football. I think that they have actually looked worse than 9th or 10th at different times during the season. It doesn't matter though because they are 13-3 and have a bye and a home game. Something I would have never believed 4 weeks ago. Kudos for proving me wrong.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are consistent in the most important area, that's winning games.

Don't get me wrong, they need to improve to be a legit Super Bowl contender but fans should appreciate they have been able to win 10 out of 13.

Detroit??? At 3-9-1??? :rolleyes:
Every game this season has been an adventure. I don't recall a Packer team that has given me more ups and downs than this one. You are right, no one cares how they got to 13-3 but they did and they deserve to be congratulated for that. No better time to get hot than now. I hope for 12 good quarters in a row. BTW, did Detroit look 3-11-1 today? Congrats to the Pack for going 6-0 in the division too. No small feat.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions are probably 3 or 4 wins better than their record. That doesn’t excuse the play of the Packers today, with sooooo much on the line. But they only count Ws in pro sports, and this year’s Packers have done just fine. Don’t forget the last two years. At least we still have something to cheer for in January......

D

Deleted member 6794

Never have I followed a team so consistently inconsistent.

Once again, the Packers have been consistent in the most important area, winning games. That's all I care about.

BTW, did Detroit look 3-11-1 today?

The Lions didn't look like a 3-11-1 team with a ton of injuries for the most part but in the end they found a way to lose the game once again.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The inconsistency is what concerns me. Despite our areas of weakness, I've seen enough to know this team "can" perform well enough on offense and defense to win few games in the postseason. They aren't going to likely beat a team like the 49ers 9 times out of 10, but in a one game playoff, a good game would put them in a good position to do so. On the flip side, this teams has shown its ability to struggle thru stretches of a game and be their own worst enemy. It's easier to outlast those bad stretches against lesser teams, but it's a different story in the playoffs.

though, this team has found different ways to win. That can go along way in hardening a team for the postseason push. I've seen plenty of teams win pretty all year and lose big. The Packers a couple times. 2011, when the Falcons came in here against a 12+ win team and they were 500 and destroyed us. , Denver, the 98 Vikings, The below .500 seahawks pounding the defending super bowl champion Saints?

Find ways to win and get things clean up along the way. This team has the pieces to win some games once they really count.
Good comment. This year’s team doesn’t have all the pieces to consistently compete with the niners and saints, but if they’re hot on a given day, they can get it done. And that’s more than we’ve had for the last two years.

Looking ahead to next year, Gluten needs to use FA and the draft to find 1) a solid #2 receiver, 2) a seam-stretching TE, and 3) a wrecking-ball type ILB. Maybe Lazard rises to the #2 spot, maybe one of the young TEs steps up. I’d still bring in resources to close those three gaps. Do that, and the Packers will win another 13, maybe 14 games next season. There’s not a huge difference between them and the niners and saints, and I suppose, the Seahawks.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again, the Packers have been consistent in the most important area, winning games. That's all I care about.

The Lions didn't look like a 3-11-1 team with a ton of injuries for the most part but in the end they found a way to lose the game once again.
Agree, the Ws are all that count. And this team is 2 or 3 additional players away from being able to consistently win 12 to 14 games - #2 WR, seam stretching TE, and a true beast at ILB.

Members online

No members online now.