Skin stud n dud

FaninColorado

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Minnesota, Chicago, New Orleans, Dallas, Philly, Niners, Seahawks and Rams. At Detroit? Might be 9. The Packers somehow beat 4 of those teams. After that performance yesterday, I stand by my comments. It's sad that a lot of you can't even fathom the thought that this team, RIGHT NOW, isn't very good. What they did 4, 5, 6 weeks ago doesn't matter. Some of you act like I kicked your dog or insulted your mother. In the words of our incredibly ordinary QB, r-e-l-a-x!

They haven't playing very well, but they have been winning. To say this team isn't very good is wrong though. A 10-3 team no matter how they are playing is a good team, but to win the Super Bowl they will have to play better. Ordinary QB is incorrect as well... ARod hasn't been required to be the 2014 or 2015 version of himself for the Pack to win games. He currently has 23 TD's and 2 Int (both tipped passes). The WR's and TE's are an average group at best and that is because of Adams. The O-Line has looked good at times and at times couldn't block a pop warner player... but the team is 10-3 and barring a collapse will be in the playoffs and most likely hosting a game.

New coach, new offense, new players, and subpar receiving crew because of past draft failures and failures to improve the offense because the defense has just plain sucked over the past 5+ years has hurt.... BUT this team is 10-3 and going to make the playoffs.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Minnesota, Chicago, New Orleans, Dallas, Philly, Niners, Seahawks and Rams. At Detroit? Might be 9. The Packers somehow beat 4 of those teams. After that performance yesterday, I stand by my comments. It's sad that a lot of you can't even fathom the thought that this team, RIGHT NOW, isn't very good. What they did 4, 5, 6 weeks ago doesn't matter. Some of you act like I kicked your dog or insulted your mother. In the words of our incredibly ordinary QB, r-e-l-a-x!

The Packers are definitely not on the top tier with New Orleans or San Francisco. They definitely are in the conversation with that second tier of teams-- a group of clubs that have all had inconsistency at various times throughout the year. And they are clearly above Chicago, Dallas, and Philadelphia. That's laughable.

I realize this is your schtick... "being real" as you seem to call it. But it's really no different than being a total homer. It's just the reverse. And it's really just another football forum cliche.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some of you act like I kicked your dog or insulted your mother. In the words of our incredibly ordinary QB, r-e-l-a-x!
Go ahead and kick my dog...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even sadder.

and.....it's official you're drunk.

D

Deleted member 6794

I am just complaining that the team is so extremely inconsistent.

The Packers are consistent in the most important area, that's winning games.

Don't get me wrong, they need to improve to be a legit Super Bowl contender but fans should appreciate they have been able to win 10 out of 13.

Minnesota, Chicago, New Orleans, Dallas, Philly, Niners, Seahawks and Rams. At Detroit? Might be 9.

Detroit??? At 3-9-1??? :rolleyes:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I'm even realer than Letzbreel. I think the Packers are the WORST team in the NFC. They are probably worse than the Redskins and Giants. Those games were FLUKES. That's how real I am. Screw the rest of you soft pansies and your... evidence.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You folks keep dreamin'. Enjoy the rest of the season and happy holidays.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
On the bright side of this contest...

Jaire Alexander completely erased Terry McLaurin until that garbage time TD.

Kenny Clark's post-bye week resurgence continues. He has looked dramatically better since the break. I continue to speculate that he was playing through an injury. Having him up to speed makes the front seven's pass rush pretty formidable.

Aaron Jones' 8.4 yards per carry was a great sign for the running game. On the season, WAS has an average run defense. But in recent weeks, they've held McCaffrey to 3.1 YPC, Bell to 3.3 YPC, Cook to 4.3, and Coleman to 3.1.

H

HardRightEdge

The Packers are consistent in the most important area, that's winning games.
And the way they have done that is in three consistent ways: red zone offense, red zone defense and + on turnovers. I've been hammering on this for weeks and it seems eyes glass over.

There may be a 4th. factor in the making. Over the last two games the Packers are 5-6 on 4th.down, 6-9 over the last three games, after being dismal for most of the season. They were the last team to convert their first 4th. down this season. Converting a 4th. down is roughly equivalent to a + turnover, obviously no small thing.

Rodgers is top 5 in just about every red zone passing category, including first in TDs and yards. The 60+% completion rate in the short field is quite good:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/redzone-passing.htm

Compare to last season's stats. Same ol' not great Rodgers? I think not.

Not directed at you, but I'm reading a bunch of cr*p about LaFleur's offense being a same old, same old McCarthy redux. I don't know if people are not paying attention, don't understand the plausible latitude available (with this team or in general in the league), or are once again engaging in confirmation bias (not enough points must mean same old, same old), or if it's a case of too much beer or a case of beer, but this is a weird game to make those kinds of observations:

28 throws, 18 to backs and TEs, only 10 WR targets. That may be a Rodgers record ratio.

Backs getting 29 touches + 3 incomplete targets = 32 plays. If we drop out the last two kneel down plays, the Packers ran 54 plays excluding the sacks (we don't know who those plays were supposed to be run through), 59% went through the backs. That may be another record ratio.

Last edited by a moderator:

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
An ugly win is still a win.

If you're going to have a bad day, have it against a bad team and get the W anyway.

10-3, bring on the Bears.

Git 'r dun.

H

HardRightEdge

Oh, yeah, snap counts:

Lewis 39
Graham 32
Tonyan 20
Vitale 12

Total 103

That means on average two of these guys were on the field at the same time for 60% of the snaps.

That's more like LaFleur's Titan offense than anything McCarthy ran. Once you adjust the pass/run mix for Rodgers vs. Mariotta, the Titan offense is what you were looking at this week.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't feel confident in this team in the playoffs and I feel we are probably the 4th or 5th best team in the NFC.

That said, I'm constantly reminded of past teams that rolled to 12-4 or 15-1(2011) and didn't do crap in the playoffs bc they laid an egg after having a season full of blowout wins

So who knows, maybe they "figure it all out" a month from now and we can get hot. I suppose, like AR said, I'd rather win ugly now and just get to the SB. There are ZERO style points in the NFL and even past Packer teams that had "****" blowout wins usually didn't do anything in the playoffs lol..

So I don't think it really matters at the end honestly

Any given Sunday

Yes, I remember a Packers team that went 15-1 and was one and done in the divisional round.
It's really tough to understand that most Packers fans seem to be complaining while the team currently sits in second place in the NFC at 10-3.

FYI Washington currently has a better scoring defense than the Seahawks.

If only the Packers would have given up 46 points to another NFC contender yesterday I'm quite sure you would feel way better about them. Mentioning Rodgers doesn't appreciate finally having a running game as well as a defense to rely on is BS.

That is absolutely ridiculous.

Washington is better than their record suggests. The angst around here is because a lot of us thought we would win that game going away.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They haven't playing very well, but they have been winning. To say this team isn't very good is wrong though. A 10-3 team no matter how they are playing is a good team, but to win the Super Bowl they will have to play better. Ordinary QB is incorrect as well... ARod hasn't been required to be the 2014 or 2015 version of himself for the Pack to win games. He currently has 23 TD's and 2 Int (both tipped passes). The WR's and TE's are an average group at best and that is because of Adams. The O-Line has looked good at times and at times couldn't block a pop warner player... but the team is 10-3 and barring a collapse will be in the playoffs and most likely hosting a game.

New coach, new offense, new players, and subpar receiving crew because of past draft failures and failures to improve the offense because the defense has just plain sucked over the past 5+ years has hurt.... BUT this team is 10-3 and going to make the playoffs.

Good teams find a way to win even when they aren't playing at their best. :D

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, I remember a Packers team that went 15-1 and was one and done in the divisional round.

Washington is better than their record suggests. The angst around here is because a lot of us thought we would win that game going away.

There's some truth to that. Haskins is a rookie, but the more snaps he gets, the more comfortable he becomes. He doesn't have great weapons apart from the two running backs, however.

The Redskins defense could actually be quite good if they played with a lead once in awhile and were a little deeper on the back end. This is a team that could take a leap next season, IMHO.

Reaction score
I wouldn't quite give him a stud without breaking a big run or a TD, but it was very refreshing to see a nice smooth catch, and a respectable return for once.
While I agree our expectations are low, 51 yards on 4 returns is a stud. If Tyler did that each game he’d be the #1 PR in the league and elected to the Pro-bowl without hesitation. He also broke 2 GB season records for longest return of the year (beat his own record) and prevented GB from breaking the NFL record for the worst punt return average ever by surpassing 36 yards and did it in his very first start for us.

He’s absolutely a stud this week.

Reaction score
I'm even realer than Letzbreel. I think the Packers are the WORST team in the NFC. They are probably worse than the Redskins and Giants. Those games were FLUKES. That's how real I am. Screw the rest of you soft pansies and your... evidence.
But... but.... Tear :cry:

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Random Thoughts:

I’m glad that they won the game, but it sure was ugly. I noticed after a while, that Rodgers was not moving out of the pocket or trying to throw on the run which something that he is pretty good at. I don’t know what that is all about.

I can’t say that he isn’t buying into the changes. I think he still likes to do things his way. I watched the Rams game last night and noticed that Goff would snap the ball with there was about 5 or 6 seconds left. Rodgers takes too darn long to get out of the ball and snapping it. I don’t understand it unless he is just not comfortable with the new scheme.

Except for the running game the rest of the offense seemed to be totally out of sync.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AR12 going God mode in 2016 didn't seem to help us back then either. If anyone who didn't know the standings read this thread they would think we were the Lions...
They went to the NFCCG...

Reaction score
Random Thoughts:

I’m glad that they won the game, but it sure was ugly. I noticed after a while, that Rodgers was not moving out of the pocket or trying to throw on the run which something that he is pretty good at. I don’t know what that is all about.

I can’t say that he isn’t buying into the changes. I think he still likes to do things his way. I watched the Rams game last night and noticed that Goff would snap the ball with there was about 5 or 6 seconds left. Rodgers takes too darn long to get out of the ball and snapping it. I don’t understand it unless he is just not comfortable with the new scheme.

Except for the running game the rest of the offense seemed to be totally out of sync.
interesting because I noticed the exact same thing on the 40 sec clock.
Very often Rodgers seems to be trying to “outwit” the opposing Defense by attempting to get them to jump. Also I think he’s trying to gauge where the pressure is coming from which is understandable. At some point he needs allow his taller receivers to go up and get a 50/50 jump ball downfield and away from the Safety. The advantage of MVS, Kumerow, etc.. is their height, he could exploit that a little better I think. Although he did miss a few throws Sunday

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Adams 1st catch and thrown to wasnt until almost halftime. Adams had like 6 balls thrown towards him all game.
He might mean rodgers is looking at him and no one else..that's why he is patting the ball and takes sacks or throws away

Just because adams doesn't have them thrown to him doesn't mean rodgers doesn't have the tunnel vision

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So if what happened 4 or 6 weeks ago doesn't matter?

Then the other teams...ie Dallas and Philly could be worse now?

I wouldn't say they are better...they have been playing poorly

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
On the bright side of this contest...

Jaire Alexander completely erased Terry McLaurin until that garbage time TD.

Kenny Clark's post-bye week resurgence continues. He has looked dramatically better since the break. I continue to speculate that he was playing through an injury. Having him up to speed makes the front seven's pass rush pretty formidable.

Aaron Jones' 8.4 yards per carry was a great sign for the running game. On the season, WAS has an average run defense. But in recent weeks, they've held McCaffrey to 3.1 YPC, Bell to 3.3 YPC, Cook to 4.3, and Coleman to 3.1.
Kenny was hurt..horrible ankle

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So if what happened 4 or 6 weeks ago doesn't matter?

Then the other teams...ie Dallas and Philly could be worse now?

I wouldn't say they are better...they have been playing poorly
I had considered pointing out this fallacy in what he probably considered to be logic. I was too lazy to bother... glad you went ahead and did it.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe that this team is maybe the 10th best in the NFC. Philly is still in contention at 7-5 and they man handled the Packers at home. There are at least 8 or 9 teams in the NFC that look head and shoulders above Green Bay. Any given Sunday? Against Washington and NYG sure. Not against anybody good or even average.

Lol, trust me we are all demanding the offense get better and no they can't keep playing like this the rest of the way out.

But you really made yourself look foolish here because Philly has the exact opposite record of what you just posted at 5-7

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts