Studs n duds Giants

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I was critical of Rodgers last week, but he came out today and showed why he’s still an elite QB. Wasn’t dealt the best hand. Inconsistent running game, defense that was leaky early on, some tough penalties in bad spots, etc. And he delivered a gem.

Nice bounce back game for him and for the team.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Studs: Devante, Williams (aka the crusher), Scott punted much better, DB int’s
Duds: big plays,third downs, returns

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs - no one
Duds - no one

the Packers did exactly what they should have done, I am neither impressed nor disappointed

TDF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs - no one
Duds - no one

the Packers did exactly what they should have done, I am neither impressed nor disappointed
What he said:) Maybe Lazard gets a stud rating he’s coming along just needs more opportunities
On a side note for all the Graham haters, TEs targeted 3x with 2 catches, GB just doesn’t use the TE much for passing just blocking. The TD to Lewis was all Rodgers, you could hear him yelling, “ BIG DOG, BIG DOG” before he threw it to him

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my goodness this thread was mine and someone stole it:cautious:. here goes:

Studs: Lazard - this is a refeshing change of pace. He is developing into a weapon and showed it today. Nice performance as Rodgers continues to throw to him and chemistry is building here.

Rodgers - Came threw in the clutch. The mantra of a HOF QB. Just win baby. Someone needs to let him know to snap the ball earlier and unpredictably every play. this 1 and 2 second play clock expiration is cluing the D on when and its not good.

A Jones/Williams - got it going and made big plays when needed. The run game was crucial to sealing this one.

Adams - he gets a lot of looks but broke open at important times this game.

Smiths - they disrupted the offense and put pressure on and were consistent. Some hiccups on tackling but solid.

Crosby - playing w a heavy heart and nailed one. He gets the nod as he is reliable.

Duds: Kevin King - had a gimme pick and one nice break up, thats it, got burned repeatedly and what is with standing 8 yds off the LOS...Pettine is a larger problem as I do think King should bump at the line, but he is still getting beat.

Martinez - at what point does he fill and contain and tackle at the LOS...AJ Hawk clone.

Lancaster - no push, or very little. Just a guy. need more out of his play.

Billy Turner/ Linsley - Im sorry but inside right of this oline is less than avg.

All in all, this game is one the pack needed to win and they did it, but the zone d and ineffective offensive 2nd down playcalling was underwhelming to say the least....growing pains continue for MLF. Consistently inconsistent on both sides of the ball. Lucky to be 9-3 but theres definitely room for improvement and replacing some of the players who are not playing to their capabilties...see Kevin King, Martinez, Linsley, Turner.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean they beat a bad team. Good job. I'm sure they'll dismantle Washington too. But it really doesn't matter. They'll be judged by the game in Minnesota. Then the postseason. Nothing we saw today (Or will see next week), is going to tell us much about this team.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Adams, Lazard

Duds: Defense. Why can't this group get off the field on 3rd and or 4th down? TOs were great but it kinda levels out with the Giants converting on 3rd and 4th down in the 2nd quarter.

GBowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Williams
Adams
Rodgers was both stud and dud at times
Crosby
Lazard
Duds: secondary (interceptions were gifts)
Special teams ALWAYS
MLF for going for it on 4+10. Yes it worked out, but that was dumb as hell
His play calling gets us into too many 3rd and longs
Pettine isn’t much better imo
Missed tackles

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Studs: Adams, Lazard

Duds: Defense. Why can't this group get off the field on 3rd and or 4th down? TOs were great but it kinda levels out with the Giants converting on 3rd and 4th down in the 2nd quarter.
You really aren’t going to list Rodgers as a stud after today’s performance?? *****. Such a hater.

Reaction score
Duds: The coaches.

Why can't they get this team fired up every game.
This is not a 9-3 team it should be 12-0.
There's to much talent on this team to coach a see-saw season.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Crosby..stud

Brothers wife passed away..he was there with them..he flew to jersey, kicked the kicks then got game ball ..took it back to Texas to his brother

Reaction score
Stud:

Jamaal for his physicality and desire to play tough. He punishes would be tacklers.

Lazard for his big play ability and blocking. If he can work on his game to game consistency, he could work himself into a bonafide starter next year.

Rogers picked apart a very inexperienced secondary (at one point the Giants had 4 rookies in their secondary) but even so, he still did what he is paid to do and did it in adverse weather conditions. He proved once again when the weather turns cold he gains an advantage over the vast majority of QBs.

Special mention goes to Marcedes Lewis and Mason Crosby for playing to their potential and then some.

Dud:

The only real dud I saw was Tonyan. He played very inconsistent and held the Offense back more than he helped.

Last edited:

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my goodness this thread was mine and someone stole it:cautious:. here goes:

Studs: Lazard - this is a refeshing change of pace. He is developing into a weapon and showed it today. Nice performance as Rodgers continues to throw to him and chemistry is building here.

Rodgers - Came threw in the clutch. The mantra of a HOF QB. Just win baby. Someone needs to let him know to snap the ball earlier and unpredictably every play. this 1 and 2 second play clock expiration is cluing the D on when and its not good.

A Jones/Williams - got it going and made big plays when needed. The run game was crucial to sealing this one.

Adams - he gets a lot of looks but broke open at important times this game.

Smiths - they disrupted the offense and put pressure on and were consistent. Some hiccups on tackling but solid.

Crosby - playing w a heavy heart and nailed one. He gets the nod as he is reliable.

Duds: Kevin King - had a gimme pick and one nice break up, thats it, got burned repeatedly and what is with standing 8 yds off the LOS...Pettine is a larger problem as I do think King should bump at the line, but he is still getting beat.

Martinez - at what point does he fill and contain and tackle at the LOS...AJ Hawk clone.

Lancaster - no push, or very little. Just a guy. need more out of his play.

Billy Turner/ Linsley - Im sorry but inside right of this oline is less than avg.

All in all, this game is one the pack needed to win and they did it, but the zone d and ineffective offensive 2nd down playcalling was underwhelming to say the least....growing pains continue for MLF. Consistently inconsistent on both sides of the ball. Lucky to be 9-3 but theres definitely room for improvement and replacing some of the players who are not playing to their capabilties...see Kevin King, Martinez, Linsley, Turner.

Why was Crosby playing with a heavy heart?

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean they beat a bad team. Good job. I'm sure they'll dismantle Washington too. But it really doesn't matter. They'll be judged by the game in Minnesota. Then the postseason. Nothing we saw today (Or will see next week), is going to tell us much about this team.

I disagree. I think it told us they still care. After getting your fanny handed to you like they did last week they came out determined in crappy weather on the road.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: The coaches.

Why can't they get this team fired up every game.
This is not a 9-3 team it should be 12-0.
There's to much talent on this team to coach a see-saw season.

Even the vaunted NE isn't 12-0. The Ravens, who I think are the best team in the league, have only one more win that we do.

Folks keep forgetting we have a lot of new coaches and players this year. This isn't the same team as last season. I doubt anyone in August thought we'd be 9-3. This isn't the NCAA. Style points don't mean much. It is all about the W. Come January nobody is gonna care who you beat as long as you won X number of games.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For perspective I listened to this game on the radio.

Studs:
LaFleur - I really questioned if he was really head coach material after the 49ers and Chargers games. But he changed it up a little, I kept hearing up tempo calls and some additional use of personnel today.

Lazard - To be fair, the Giants secondary is abysmal outside of Janoris Jenkins. I think someone else already mentioned it, the reason why he hasn't played earlier is because he wasn't ready and I did hear him make a mistake or two. I like how he's trending, MVS and ESB might want to watch their backs.

Williams - I'll be the first to admit that I was calling for the younger Dexter to replace him, but I was wrong. We can't lose that attitude and work ethic.

Clark - He was constantly in the backfield. The defense looked great(or so I heard) today because we dominated the trenches. We need another Clark at DE!

Duds:
M. Adams - I didn't hear his name called all day. I heard EVERY member of the starting 11 called at some time or another except him. I even heard Kingsley Keke, who I'm assuming played for him in rotation. Why hasn't he been benched yet?

MVS - He's slowly donning a 1 trick pony label. I believe he drew Janoris Jenkins all game but still he should have come up with SOMETHING.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Show me a DB that's afraid to get beat deep and I'll show you Kevin King. I give him credit for being able to stay on the field and he has had some good moments. He has also had some glaringly bad moments. Now he just needs to improve his performance overall.

Members online