Studs n duds chargers

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Stud: according to radio guys the ☀️ was the best defender. Reed is playing like a real weapon.
Dud: when trying to run out the clock why is Ryan on the bench. He's a good run blocker by far.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need a new kicker.. he has but them in bad predicaments.
I really like wicks it’s nice to see love have a game with no ints still needs to work on accuracy. I also wish they would draw up some runs for love he can move.
My dud besides Carlson is lafluer. I realize we won the game but he should have let love throw the ball on third down when statistically having the best game. Take the game yourself…

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My dud besides Carlson is lafluer. I realize we won the game but he should have let love throw the ball on third down when statistically having the best game.
If you're talking about the last third down he played, MLF was certainly not a "dud" for that decision. You don't want to leave the Chargers with any timeouts when all they need is a FG to tie the game.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love looked pretty good today! Our offensive line is definitely going to be there first thing we address in this draft and everyone should get ready for that. However, can we talk about our defense for a minute? We had a patchwork secondary and we still put up a hell of a fight. Our front seven continues to impress and they're only going to get better once Brooks and LVN have a year or so under their belt. I'm super excited to see where this unit goes in the future.

Edit: Also, happy to see Kraft show some athleticism out there. Hopefully, open more opportunities for him in the pass game. The kid is super talented, but raw.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like wicks it’s nice to see love have a game with no ints still needs to work on accuracy. I also wish they would draw up some runs for love he can move.
My dud besides Carlson is lafluer. I realize we won the game but he should have let love throw the ball on third down when statistically having the best game. Take the game yourself…
I disagreed with the call as well, but thought our game plan and coaching otherwise was pretty goo.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, I know a lot of people flamed the Jayden Reed pick, but I hope you're starting to see why a lot of us were excited about the pick. He is a Swiss army knife and was a lone bright spot on an absolutely terrible Michigan State team. He's only going to get better too. He just gets open and he was one of the best wide receivers in his class when it came to contested catch rate. As they continue to trust him, he's going to be dangerous!

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you're talking about the last third down he played, MLF was certainly not a "dud" for that decision. You don't want to leave the Chargers with any timeouts when all they need is a FG to tie the game.
Love had his best passing game to date. Go for the win your gonna have to stop them anyways if you believe in your defense then don’t be scared

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love had his best passing game to date. Go for the win your gonna have to stop them anyways if you believe in your defense then don’t be scared
If you throw an incomplete pass on third down, you allow them to keep their last timeout. If you take away that timeout, it limits their playbook, making it easier to defend on their last drive.

I suspect if he HAD done what you suggest and the result was an incomplete pass, you wouldn't be defending that call, especially if the Chargers ended up using that timeout to stop the clock with 2 seconds left to tie the game with a FG.

You basically criticizing him for making the prudent decision rather than taking a pointless gamble.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, I know a lot of people flamed the Jayden Reed pick, but I hope you're starting to see why a lot of us were excited about the pick. He is a Swiss army knife and was a lone bright spot on an absolutely terrible Michigan State team. He's only going to get better too. He just gets open and he was one of the best wide receivers in his class when it came to contested catch rate. As they continue to trust him, he's going to be dangerous!
He reminds me an awful lot of Robert Brooks.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
It's great to see many of the young players showing signs of progress. Love was the best I've seen him today. If he can give the Packers confidence that he's the future going into the off-season, that would be huge for their plans. I think Wicks will end up being the best receiver of all the guys currently on the roster.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's great to see many of the young players showing signs of progress. Love was the best I've seen him today. If he can give the Packers confidence that he's the future going into the off-season, that would be huge for their plans. I think Wicks will end up being the best receiver of all the guys currently on the roster.
What about Wicks gives you that impression? I'd go with Reed. He's on pace to put up the best rookie performance we've seen in decades.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both Reed and Wicks have a nice feel for getting open. With the lack of much of a deep passing game, Reed as a slot receiver is going to get more opportunities. Love's weakness as a deep passer has benefited him and he's taking advantage of it.

Reaction score
I agree with 3rd down. The accuracy comes with experience though. He’s got 11 starts.

Key # Rankings:
#15 Tied passing yards (Cousins)
#11 Tied passing TD’s (Jared Goff)

I wouldn’t be moving on from kickers every 10 games that’s way too impatient imo

Last edited:
Reaction score
Studs:
Love; career high in passing yards and TWO 4th Quarter come from behind victories

Reed. He was a steal at #50 overall. He’s a top #25 in a draft redo

#85 Tucker Kraft. We got a glimpse of his confidence growth. Growing into a Jackrabbit, at the Pro level

Wicks. Great show. Great all around game.

Duds:
Run D

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts