studs & duds: eagles

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
But he wasn't in the locker room, he was on the field. I didn't have any painkillers and could run, just a lowly high school kid with a grade 2 ac separation. I didn't have any pain killers and wrestled 2 more matches. Walked around with my shoulder held to my ear for a week because of the protective spasm.

I'd be surprised if he got shot up, probably just checked to see the severity

Just going off what I read:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...1749443c5e5_story.html?utm_term=.d03c6f198350

"Matthews missed three plays and returned, then missed the next series while receiving a pain-killing injection."

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Opening a serious can of worms here I know but, Clay seems to have forgotten his "fair" tackle on Kapernick a few seasons ago. Oh I forgot, it`s okay for our players to do it but when the boot`s on the other foot ?
Personally.. I don't care what Mathews said about it... or what he did to others in the past. I don't like to see any dirty plays, and frankly Mathews has a few questionable hits of his own out there. That being said, I thought the hit by Barbre was borderline cheap... it was a blindside hit where he managed to hit a small portion of the inside of the front of Mathews shoulder. No penalty was called, but it was clear that Mathews did not see it coming and it was a visious hit. It also appears that Barbres helmet slammed into the side of Mathews' helmet. I have watched the replay over and over... and frankly As I said it is borderline either way. As I said no penalty was called, and I don't think I would change that from the replay.

Last edited:

Latest posts