studs & duds: eagles

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasn't questioning that they came out and moved the ball. I was questioning the "foot off the pedal" part. Unless, of course, you expect a TD on every possession.

They ran the same ball control passing offense all day, in the same way, with consistent success. What was unique in this game was the high rate of success on a handful of +20 yd. throws, both early and late. Who was it that wasn't watching? Unless, of course, you think every drive should end in a TD. Or perhaps you think it imprudent to run the ball in the back half of 4th. quarter with a 2 score lead?
Sorry, when you went through and listed their sequence it looked as if you were questioning it. Yes, I do think every drive should be a TD. I know thats not realistic, but I don't settle for mediocrity either. I said I was happy to see the way the Packers came out of the gate, but then seemed to take their foot off the gas for a while. I ddi not say they finished the game slow. Carry on.

DS

H

HardRightEdge

Yes, I do think every drive should be a TD. I know thats not realistic, but I don't settle for mediocrity either.
It's not only unrealistic, it is counter productive. That's the mind set that gets you bombs away in every long yardage situation, bad field position differential and poor clock management.

One first down at a time; see where it takes you. Find a collective zone, work the process, wear down the defense, erode their confidence.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think it was a great team win but am still concerned about the pass defense against good offenses. Fortunately the Packers don't face another one until the Lions game.

A few duds are Mathews,Peppers, Perry and Starks.

Perry jumping offsides twice on 3rd down.

While the officials called the second one on Perry it was actually Daniels jumping offside.

Peters was playing LG.

Peters played left tackle all game long.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For everyone saying they wanted to cut Adams's at preseason... he had bad yr last struggled with drops but man he can ball... pretty sure everyone is happy now can't say anything we need him lol

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
For everyone saying they wanted to cut Adams's at preseason... he had bad yr last struggled with drops but man he can ball... pretty sure everyone is happy now can't say anything we need him lol

Sorry I read that and all I could see was "Janis" and not Adams ;) While I was never for cutting Adams and he has played much better than most expected him to, I still think the Packers need to go after a good WR in Free agency or the draft.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Opening a serious can of worms here I know but, Clay seems to have forgotten his "fair" tackle on Kapernick a few seasons ago. Oh I forgot, it`s okay for our players to do it but when the boot`s on the other foot ?

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Went back a couple of pages, and the closest I see to anything complaining about the hit on Matthews is 'blindsided'. All the rest talk about 'savage' and the like, which is what one expects from pro players. The point of the posts seemed to be that it was above and beyond for Matthews to return and play well, not that there was anything dirty about the hit. Or, am I misinterpreting your post?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

“I wasn’t a fan of it,” Matthews said of Barbre’s block. “I've a lot more to say about it, but I’m going to say it behind closed doors. I mean, it was a cheap shot. It is what it is"

My point was, people who live in glass houses........

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I agree Buggy. As I posted yesterday in the News Bot thread:

Suck it up Buttercup!

As much as I don't like seeing one of our players get hit like that, it appeared to be a legal hit and no penalty was called. Let the league rule on it and then rant if they determine it was a cheap shot.

Remember this hit on Russell Wilson Clay?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
at first I thought he hit him more in the back and thought it was far enough in the backfield it should have been flagged, but replay shows he hit him in the chest and completely fine in my book. Reminds me of everything I heard growing up, "keep your head on a swivel" or that would be your fate. It happened to me once :) by a guy easily 5 inches and 60lbs heavier. I think I went down about like Matthews did too.

D

Deleted member 6794

Opening a serious can of worms here I know but, Clay seems to have forgotten his "fair" tackle on Kapernick a few seasons ago. Oh I forgot, it`s okay for our players to do it but when the boot`s on the other foot ?

I agree that Matthews shouldn't complain about Barbre's hit as it was legal.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that Matthews shouldn't complain about Barbre's hit as it was legal.
he should shut up, and if he wanted to make a statement about it, he should have leveled Wentz 2 yards short of the endzone and caused a fumble and killed their scoring chances. He didn't even run on that play.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
he should shut up, and if he wanted to make a statement about it, he should have leveled Wentz 2 yards short of the endzone and caused a fumble and killed their scoring chances. He didn't even run on that play.

Agreed, with making a statement on the field instead of off. But he shouldn't have even been on the field at that point. You could see he was carrying his arm in pain. Hopefully, his shoulder is fine and this fuels his inner fire to play at a higher level the rest of the season.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
“I wasn’t a fan of it,” Matthews said of Barbre’s block. “I've a lot more to say about it, but I’m going to say it behind closed doors. I mean, it was a cheap shot. It is what it is"

My point was, people who live in glass houses........

Aha, I thought you were talking about the posts here.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed, with making a statement on the field instead of off. But he shouldn't have even been on the field at that point. You could see he was carrying his arm in pain. Hopefully, his shoulder is fine and this fuels his inner fire to play at a higher level the rest of the season.
Why not? He played the rest of the game? I had a grade 2 ac separation and wrestled with it. I couldn't practice the week between sectionals and state, all I did was run. And I did, hard. Sprints stairs distance. The even made me do up downs because I did t have to raise my arms over head. I could run just fine, I have a hard time believing he couldn't. He got beat early on the ply and he let it beat him for the entire play and he didn't have to let t be that way

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Why not? He played the rest of the game?

He went into the locker room after that play to be examined and then got shot up with a pain killer to finish the rest of the game. I guess some people's pain threshold is different then others?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He went into the locker room after that play to be examined and then got shot up with a pain killer to finish the rest of the game. I guess some people's pain threshold is different then others?
But he wasn't in the locker room, he was on the field. I didn't have any painkillers and could run, just a lowly high school kid with a grade 2 ac separation. I didn't have any pain killers and wrestled 2 more matches. Walked around with my shoulder held to my ear for a week because of the protective spasm.

I'd be surprised if he got shot up, probably just checked to see the severity

D

Deleted member 6794

But he wasn't in the locker room, he was on the field. I didn't have any painkillers and could run, just a lowly high school kid with a grade 2 ac separation. I didn't have any pain killers and wrestled 2 more matches. Walked around with my shoulder held to my ear for a week because of the protective spasm.

I'd be surprised if he got shot up, probably just checked to see the severity

According to the Journal Sentinel Matthews received a pain-killing shot in the locker room.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sport...thews-calls-barbre-block-cheap-shot/94687750/