studs & duds: eagles

H

HardRightEdge

This is why I am not getting to excited about tonight. Not to be a Debbie Downer, but that Eagles offense we faced tonight really isn't that good, rookie QB, back up RB, WR's that make Jeff Janis look good, patchwork OL......keeping it in perspective....still a fun and much needed win!
Yeah, while one hates to be a Debbie Downer, NE, OAK or DAL would have eviscerated this defense for another 45 points.

H

HardRightEdge

Clay was clearly hurting bad on that play. He wasn't moving the shoulder at all while running.
He was dragging that arm later in the game. He looked the way guys look who have a separated shoulder. If so, that could be a few games or the season, depending on severity.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A small dud: Jordy for dropping another TD pass late in the 4th quarter. Perfectly thrown ball from AR, CB did have good coverage on Nelson but he still should have caught that ball and he would have been gone. You expect your playmakers to step up and make those plays.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A few duds are Mathews,Peppers, Perry and Starks.

Mathews is just injury prone now and not worth the money.

Pepper gets pushed around and is no longer a game changer.

Perry jumping offsides twice on 3rd down.

Starks just dances around too much to gain 1 yard. He needs to find a hole and hit it. Ty is a much better RB than him

Studs. Rodgers, Adams, Rip, Burnett and Dix. Spriggs is a solid player too.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I don't know, I thought Starks came through tonight when he needed to, but maybe that was just me?

Last edited:

childerm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know, I though Starks came through tonight when he needed to, but maybe that was just me?

He came through in the pass game but was almost a liability in the rush game. If not for 2 carries he would have had under 30 yards on 15 touches.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Duds: The Poor Eagle fans who thought this would be an easy game and a springboard for turning their season around and into the playoffs.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams and Rodgers are studs. Others had nice games, but it's about what I expect from them.

Matthews gets a dud from me, just for the simple fact he wanted nothing to do with putting a hit on the qb when he could have buried him a yard or two short. Instead he jogged to a position he could better see if he crossed the goal line or not
I'll agree with the dud... but he knew he was beat on that play

Last edited:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know, I thought Starks came through tonight when he needed to, but maybe that was just me?
That screen play in the 3 rd where he had 3 blockers in front of him and still managed to get tackled by the only defender in the area pretty much made him dead to me.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

A small dud: Jordy for dropping another TD pass late in the 4th quarter. Perfectly thrown ball from AR, CB did have good coverage on Nelson but he still should have caught that ball and he would have been gone. You expect your playmakers to step up and make those plays.

Oh for pity sake, could you have caught it ?? He`s a human being. Mistakes can and do happen. He`s still the best receiver we have in my opinion. You said yourself, the CB had good coverage.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh for pity sake, could you have caught it ?? He`s a human being. Mistakes can and do happen. He`s still the best receiver we have in my opinion. You said yourself, the CB had good coverage.

He dropped an absolutely perfect TD pass last week in the end zone against Washington. This was a harder catch, but you expect your top players to make these sorts of things. He is not playing like our best receiver and he is not the playmaker this team desperately needs right now.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
also dud:

ted thompson for using two first round picks on nick perry and datone jones
2013 was a bad pool of talent, but the first 2 picks are doing absolutely nothing in their 4th and final year of their rookie contracts. You're supposed to be reaping rewards of an experienced/talented player on a rookie paycheck at this point. No wonder they are having problems.

TomBrownFan40

Cheesehead
Reaction score
also dud:

ted thompson for using two first round picks on nick perry and datone jones
I never liked either pick for the same reason: both were too light for a 3-4. However, it is way too soon to give up on either one, especially Perry who's been quite solid .

Studs: Adams, Starks, Ripper, [From the Packers perspective] The Eagles coaching staff (Did they watch any film? About the only way you can't beat this Packer secondary is going over the top), A-Rod (He's finally bought into the idea of checkdowns and Montanaesque quick hitters).

Duds: Jared Cook (There's still some time but, this deal looks more and more like a bust)

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I agree that Peppers was pushed around early in the game, I thought he really came on in the 2nd half.

Stud - Our kickoff coverage unit against their top ranked return team.

Dud - Whoever decided it was a good idea to not cover Sproles.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clay was clearly hurting bad on that play. He wasn't moving the shoulder at all while running.
He certainly looked that way didn't he, yet he came back and played the rest of the game so just how bad was it? Maybe i'm just a macho arm chair QB who doesn't even drink during the games, but likes to act like I just downed a case, but if you're able to take on Guards and Tackles all game, but couldn't take on a QB for one play to prevent a TD? I'm not liking that.

I usually think he's a high motor and important player, well I thought he could have played that differently. Guys have finished TD runs on a broken leg before, I don't think asking him to stop the QB from scroing a TD is to much to ask.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Studs:
Rodgers
Jordy
Adams
Haha
Morgan Burnette
Oline

Duds:
Starks
Cook
Demarious Randall
Clay as an ILB---he needs to wait and spy not bull rush as an ILB

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I agree that Peppers was pushed around early in the game, I thought he really came on in the 2nd half.

Stud - Our kickoff coverage unit against their top ranked return team.

Dud - Whoever decided it was a good idea to not cover Sproles.
Which side was Peppers on? Peters is still a great LT.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Im pretty sure that the DB got away with an arm bar on that play, Nelson couldn't get his left hand up. Probably explains the non call on the Nelson push off.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Rodgers
Jordy
Adams
Haha
Morgan Burnette
Oline

Duds:
Starks
Cook
Demarious Randall
Clay as an ILB---he needs to wait and spy not bull rush as an ILB

Randall wasn't great but he was decent, which is what we can hope for following a return from injury. His presence alone helped solidify our backfield.

packersfan152

Cheesehead
Reaction score
number 1 stud:
Spriggs- this dude is a monster and I think will solidify this line for the rest of the year

number 2 stud:
Peppers- got more playing time and it shows why he is still on the team, even at 85 years old, he is still terrorizing QBs

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Rodger-That's how he's supposed to play
Adams-For all the crap he took from fans, he's been our best player for a month or more
Oline-It's nice that Spriggs is getting some experience, but we need Lang back in there for the run game. Also, him standing next to Taylor makes Taylor look the fattest kid in a fourth grade class. Also, Tretter played better than Lindsley is playing right now.
Ha Ha-His trick to leading the team in interceptions is to not drop the ones thrown right to him.

Duds:
Pass defense early- The eagles had to be averaging 10+ yards a play for a while there in the first half.
Pass rush-They padded their stats at the end but didn't pressure Wentz much until it was out of reach

I really like Spriggs, curious to see what he looks like after a full NFL offseason. Adams is starting to remind me of a bigger stronger albeit less speedy Greg Jennings. The quick twitch on those early releases and his physicality after the catch could make him into a star.