Packers vs Da Bears game Thread

H

HardRightEdge

As long as 7 is the qb with a west coast offense, I do not like what I see. Option would work better with a qb that cannot beat you w his arm.
They ran that option keeper early against Detroit for good yards and never went back to it. That tells me they might show it but not as some kind of staple. I'm looking for the hurry up O for at least half the possessions to get some roll in this offense.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was that last pass to Davante accurate enough for you?
Whoa, let's not get carried away here. This was 3rd start against a pretty weak secondary. Let's all not forget that 2 games ago, he completed less than 50% of his passes, for only 87 yards. He's getting better, but not good enough to be a starter for 90% of the teams out there. He looked good but good enough for us to be in playoff contention by the time AR gets back. That's why I say don't rush him, and unfortunately, this season may be a wash. Although I am not giving up yet.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Whoa, let's not get carried away here. This was 3rd start against a pretty weak secondary. Let's all not forget that 2 games ago, he completed less than 50% of his passes, for only 87 yards. He's getting better, but not good enough to be a starter for 90% of the teams out there. He looked good but good enough for us to be in playoff contention by the time AR gets back. That's why I say don't rush him, and unfortunately, this season may be a wash. Although I am not giving up yet.
What do you consider a good passing defense? Bears were 10th in yards per game with 204.8 which was < 1 yard behind Denver and ahead of Minn & Seattle. Yes I know yardage doesn't win games. They were in the same area for points too. If the Packers defense had those numbers the Fire Capers thread would be several pages shorter. BTW their rushing defense is just average, in the same area as the Packers were.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Um, where are you getting your stats from? I get mine from the NFL website. The Bears are ranked 17th in passing defense. It's only halfway through the season, they'll most likely drop. Not to mention most people can't name anyone in their secondary. Nonetheless, we can't get carried away, and the Packers are not blowing the doors off anyone. BH and this offense are not built for one another and the offensive scheme is not going to change. I hate it, but it's true.

Last edited:

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Um, where are you getting your stats from? I get mine from the NFL website. The Bears are ranked 17th in passing defense. It's only halfway through the season, they'll most likely drop. Not to mention most people can't name anyone in their secondary. Nonetheless, we can't get carried away, and the Packers are not blowing the doors off anyone. BH and this offense are not built for one another and the offensive scheme is not going to change. I hate it, but it's true.

This is from right now on the NFL.com website:
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst..._NET_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

It shows Chicago 10th at 204.8 which Poppa said. ESPN shows the same.

Weirdly, when I go on the NFL stats and first checked passing yards per game, it showed NE first even though they are last. It also showed me that the Chargers were first in rushing yards per game at 135 and the Eagles last in rushing defense at 66 ypg. Some kind of glitch on maybe certain browsers.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is from right now on the NFL.com website:
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst..._NET_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

It shows Chicago 10th at 204.8 which Poppa said. ESPN shows the same.

Weirdly, when I go on the NFL stats and first checked passing yards per game, it showed NE first even though they are last. It also showed me that the Chargers were first in rushing yards per game at 135 and the Eagles last in rushing defense at 66 ypg. Some kind of glitch on maybe certain browsers.
Glitch is probably right, but nonetheless, let's hear it for a Packer victory.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Um, where are you getting your stats from?
As some one else stated I got the stats from NFL.com. I cannot find anywhere with any defensive stat that puts the Bears def at 17. Also you realize this "bad" Bears defense held Drew Brees to 299 yards in their last game and have held both Rodgers and Newton to just over 200 this season?

The offensive scheme was fine tuned over 8 years for the ability of Aaron Rodgers. Someone else is now running it. I will agree that Hundley would not be my first choice to lead this type of offense. Doesn't mean the two can't meet in the middle.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As some one else stated I got the stats from NFL.com. I cannot find anywhere with any defensive stat that puts the Bears def at 17. Also you realize this "bad" Bears defense held Drew Brees to 299 yards in their last game and have held both Rodgers and Newton to just over 200 this season?

The offensive scheme was fine tuned over 8 years for the ability of Aaron Rodgers. Someone else is now running it. I will agree that Hundley would not be my first choice to lead this type of offense. Doesn't mean the two can't meet in the middle.
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...&seasonType=REG&experience=&tabSeq=2&role=OPP
And seriously? 299 yards? They held an old QB to just 299 yards. Above are the stats I'm getting from the NFL website. BH is not going to lead this team into playoff contention by the time AR is healthy. I say don't risk him on this season and the GM needs to find someone other than Capers to be our DC.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very odd, my link shows 17th and yours shows 10th, for same website. Odd, but I'll assume something is wrong on my end. Either way, I'm just happy with the win.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the first time I have seen any improvement in Hundley's play. The back shoulder throw to Adams for a TD was beautiful. Glad to see he ran for a first down as well, although he missed a golden opportunity earlier in the game.

Not jumping for joy, but I did at least see some improvement. We'll see.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
any road win is good and especially against a division rival. kept the all-time record in our favor. i think i'll stop right there. lol
Exactly, any road win in the division is a good win. Just hate those Vikings, hope they lose every game going forward.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Very odd, my link shows 17th and yours shows 10th, for same website. Odd, but I'll assume something is wrong on my end. Either way, I'm just happy with the win.
Click the <GO> button by the filters in your link and your numbers become the same as mine. Most likely you were using an older data set and it didn't present properly without rerunning it.

Latest posts