Packers vs Da Bears game Thread

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The formula was simple...prepare for 2 weeks, beat Detroit at home, beat these loser Bears on the road, and take care of the Browns, Rodgers comes back and wins the last 2 or 3 games, we make the playoffs as a wild card/divisional winner, and go on a miracle run to a 2nd Super Bowl in the Rodgers era.

But nooooooo. :eek:

The Buc's should be a winnable game you would think. Florida team coming into freezing temps. Plus the Buc's are in disarray right now.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He averages 128 yards per game. 2 TDs 2 ints 3 fumbles 2 lost in 4 games. I doubt he will dramatically improve by Sunday.

I watched Mitchell Trubisky's first game. He ran for a TD inside the 10 yard line. His interception was the backbreaking type - deep in Bears territory, short pass, and after the two minute warning.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
He averages 128 yards per game. 2 TDs 2 ints 3 fumbles 2 lost in 4 games. I doubt he will dramatically improve by Sunday.
Quite possibly he won't improve, but the Packers Defense will probably make him look like a FHOF QB.

pfcmsh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately there is nothing simple about winning at Chicago. I don't expect another blowout with a rookie QB on the other sideline, but nothing is easy for our guy under center.
You're very correct. Chicago is much better defensively and offensively than the early season. They've played a strong schedule so far, including us with AR under center. I hate to say this, but they could easily be 5 and 3. We better not over look them, especially without AR.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're very correct. Chicago is much better defensively and offensively than the early season. They've played a strong schedule so far, including us with AR under center. I hate to say this, but they could easily be 5 and 3. We better not over look them, especially without AR.

Chicago's other opponents before the bye were the Falcons, Buccaneers, Steelers, Vikings, Ravens, Panthers, and Saints. Only two of them have a losing record: Tampa Bay (2-6) and Baltimore (4-5). The Ravens are worse than their record, spoiled by having both Ohio teams before traveling to London for a 44-7 beatdown. Atlanta is 4-4 including their win over the Bears. FWIW. So it has been a strong schedule to date, but can get weaker later on,

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Bears 26
Packers 17
....and with the fifth pick in the draft the Green Bay packers select Quentin Nelson, G, Notre Dame

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's nothing simple about any of these games. A month ago Atlanta and GB were playing for HFA throughout the playoffs to 90% of the fans out there and here we are today and neither team looks like they're even going to be in the playoffs at all. I wish people would just start focusing on what's important. But it's like society in general I guess. Always focusing on something that really has very little bearing on anything.

Chicago has a tough defense, we're struggling on offense. I think we'll continue to improve on offense and I don't expect them to shut us out or anything. But they also don't have an offense that gives our defense fits. This is not the Saints or Detroit, 2 fairly high powered offenses. I don't care what the rankings are, both of those teams have shown the capability repeatedly over the years to put up big yards in any game. I think in this game our defense may actually be able to keep us in a game and help us win it.

But we need to clean up our play. Stupid penalties and ill timed miscues aren't something we can get away with anymore. Rodgers isn't going to just go back and make up for a false start or holding penalty with a nice pass to Adams for 12 yards. We need to keep everything manageable down and distance and stop with making things difficult for ourselves. We got away with that with Rodgers, we won't without him.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just hope we stop playing the two deep (very) zone on third down. We need those safeties to do some covering! If we get beat by the big ones...so be it. I am so sick of death by a thousand cuts.

Patrick J. Costello

Cheesehead
Reaction score
8-8 is my best guess at this point.
25 yrs 2 supers, 2 HOF QB’s. ??
Something is wrong now. Rogers at peak, rec’g corps fading fast, minus Adams.
Defense suddenly a mess, injury yes, poor drafts yes and yes.
I know I am tired of the McC drivel.
Change is gonna come and the ****** nature of GB management will make the fall harder.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well Rodgers isn't at his peak, he's on IR. If he were, we'd most likely still be favorites for HFA and the Superbowl LOL

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
8-8 is my best guess at this point.
25 yrs 2 supers, 2 HOF QB’s. ??
Something is wrong now. Rogers at peak, rec’g corps fading fast, minus Adams.
Defense suddenly a mess, injury yes, poor drafts yes and yes.
I know I am tired of the McC drivel.
Change is gonna come and the ****** nature of GB management will make the fall harder.

Did I miss something? Our defense has been a mess for a long time now.

Don't go to vegas with more than $1 with the 8-8 prediction.

Bears 17-7.

Packers score on a Rookie QB mistake when Randall gets hit in the chest with the ball, it pops up, he grabs it and runs it in for 7. Randall is now safe for another year.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to pick the Packers because I am not giving up on my team and it's unfair to compare the future to the past.
The Bears are also struggling to win.
This is a more even match up for us right now.
If it was the Steelers, who we play later, I would have doubts.
Since it's Bears, we have a chance to win.

Reaction score
We have a decent chance at beating them, the Offense needs to have a slight improvement essentially the way it did from the Saints game to the Lions game. We can't make mental errors and we can't lose the turnover battle. GB 23 Bears 20

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defense was embarassed on Monday night. They step up just enough to stop a rookie QB and Hundley improves enough to win the game.
Packers: 24
Bears: 20

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Bears 24
Packers 13

Bears defense is ranked between the Vikings and the Lions. Packers only hope is that MM allows Hundley to run a no huddle most of the game.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
It's all fun and games until the losses start piling up. A little salt in the wound here with a loss coming up to Bears.

What makes it sad is all we can do is wait for Aaron to come back next year as without him this team is garbage.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
well Rodgers isn't at his peak, he's on IR. If he were, we'd most likely still be favorites for HFA and the Superbowl LOL
With Rodgers, we're always in the SB discussion. Without him, we're, well, what you have seen the past 2+ games. Awful.

Quite a margin between the two.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Rodgers, we're always in the SB discussion. Without him, we're, well, what you have seen the past 2+ games. Awful.

Quite a margin between the two.
true, but a qb with some time in the pocket not named Rodgers doesn't mean our offensive line sucks. Cobb open for a TD, Jordy open for a TD, numerous other plays right there to be made by players who have done their job, but the ball never comes doesn't mean they suck because they were open and nobody threw them the ball.

The defense has too many individuals with talent to be this bad as a unit time and time again, well mainly on 3rd down. the past 2 games have been rough, no sugar coating that. But we're not different than any other team losing their main player, ours just happens to be the most important player on a team. Take Miller off Denver and what are they? Take any of 3 main defenders off MN, and they only way they make the playoffs is if Rodgers isn't playing for GB. Atlanta didn't even really need to lose anybody and look what they've become. Do all their players suddenly suck? Pieces are important. Rodgers is a big one. anyway, it was a cheeky comment to someone about "another year of wasting Rodgers by that no good bum Ted" I just thought I'd point out, he's on IR and not at this "peak" LOL

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
But we're not different than any other team losing their main player, ours just happens to be the most important player on a team. Take Miller off Denver and what are they? Take any of 3 main defenders off MN, and they only way they make the playoffs is if Rodgers isn't playing for GB. Atlanta didn't even really need to lose anybody and look what they've become. Do all their players suddenly suck?
Would those teams still win football games without those players? Are the Falcons still winning some football games? The point is, the Packers can't even win a single damn game without Aaron Rodgers. I know it's only been 3 games, and there's plenty more to go. But I see absolutely no evidence that this team can rise to the occasion to win more than a game or two in Rodgers' absence. That's the problem.

And before you say it's the QB, there's been teams win without their elite QB, namely the Patriots and Steelers.

Pieces are important. Rodgers is a big one. anyway, it was a cheeky comment to someone about "another year of wasting Rodgers by that no good bum Ted" I just thought I'd point out, he's on IR and not at this "peak" LOL
The whole point is that it took Rodgers getting hurt for everyone to see just how bad the talent is. And yes, Rodgers is/was/will be at the peak of his career, and he will still have this same collection of crap as a supporting cast.