Packers vs Da Bears game Thread

H

HardRightEdge

That kind of mistake is called miscommunication. Young QBs who have almost no experience in games that matter tend to occasionally screw up when they call plays in the huddle. I have heard game commentators talk about this. Even veteran QBs mess up sometimes if they don't have the "it" that Packers fans take for granted.
Communication? At the moment of truth, at the release of the ball, it's playground. See the receiver, hit the receiver, he's got a step, don't turn him around.

Last edited by a moderator:

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect mistakes, I expect him to get better, but at the same time, when there are plays to be made by guys down the field. I'm not going to say they aren't good enough to be open or open the field for the offense. Those plays seemed rather regular with Rodgers, but in reality, 5-10 shots in that 20-40 range are pretty normal and this offense has that capability.

They do need to play with fewer mistakes than they used to. it would help.

One thing nobody can deny is Aaron Rodgers has a stronger right arm. Early in the game I thought that contributed to the excessive number of laterals, screens, and passes under 10 yards. But some deep passes were just the receiver not connecting with him like a slightly overthrown pass near the left sideline. Teammates need to get on the same page to expand the field. This is one area where we miss Aaron Rodgers. He is not just very talented and smart, but also a natural leader and communicator. He has this intangible trait called "the it" that helps teammates maximize their talents. Packers fans are spoiled by approximately 25 years of watching QBs with the it.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched the Jaguars/Steelers game. Two scores were pick sixes. If you take away the five turnovers, it would look like Big Ben had a good day. Also, 90 of Leonard Fournette's yards came on one play. It was a great win for the Jaguars, but don't assume it's an indication the Steelers are overrated.

Just ignore 5 turnovers?

That's like saying, "If you take away the points the Packers gave up, their defense had a good day."

Rizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess you're right. Without Rodgers Jordy can't get open and if anyone else other than Rodgers threw the ball he probably couldn't catch it anymore anyway. It's the same for everyone else too on this team I guess.

I think the defensive side has good players not being put in positions to succeed.

The Packers are a house of cards, without the 12 of diamonds the whole thing falls apart. Jordy Nelson is invisible, Clay Mathews is non-existent. Good luck getting free agents to sign when Rodgers is gone.

Reaction score
We've got to remember, Mitchell Trubisky is no Mathew Stafford and actually a lower rated QB than Hundley with nearly identical snaps. On the other side the Bears are 8th in overall Defense, however they are 12th in points allowed.
This conceivably should be a close game but probably a very slight edge to the Bears at home. This game isn't about the playoffs it's about getting just a little respect back. The Bears strength on Offense is their running game. The Packers strength on Defense is their running game. It's interesting but we are a relative match right now

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The ********* part about this season is that the NFC is wide open. The Falcons might not even make the playoffs and the Seahawks are really banged up (the two teams that give us the most troubles)

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've got to remember, Mitchell Trubisky is no Mathew Stafford and actually a lower rated QB than Hundley with nearly identical snaps. On the other side the Bears are 8th in overall Defense, however they are 12th in points allowed.
This conceivably should be a close game but probably a very slight edge to the Bears at home. This game isn't about the playoffs it's about getting just a little respect back. The Bears strength on Offense is their running game. The Packers strength on Defense is their running game. It's interesting but we are a relative match right now

This game is about more than getting a little respect back. Brett Hundley does not know it yet, but each game he plays is an audition for other teams that need a QB. And we need a lot of respect right now. The best way to get it in win in Chicago.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
The Packers are a house of cards, without the 12 of diamonds the whole thing falls apart. Jordy Nelson is invisible, Clay Mathews is non-existent. Good luck getting free agents to sign when Rodgers is gone.

Never listened to the song? "Don't you draw the queen of diamonds, boy. She'll beat you if she's able. You know the queen of hearts is always your best bet." And in true Packer land, we have heart; miles and miles of heart.

Rizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing nobody can deny is Aaron Rodgers has a stronger right arm. Early in the game I thought that contributed to the excessive number of laterals, screens, and passes under 10 yards. But some deep passes were just the receiver not connecting with him like a slightly overthrown pass near the left sideline. Teammates need to get on the same page to expand the field. This is one area where we miss Aaron Rodgers. He is not just very talented and smart, but also a natural leader and communicator. He has this intangible trait called "the it" that helps teammates maximize their talents. Packers fans are spoiled by approximately 25 years of watching QBs with the it.

His teammates have no talent
Never listened to the song? "Don't you draw the queen of diamonds, boy. She'll beat you if she's able. You know the queen of hearts is always your best bet." And in true Packer land, we have heart; miles and miles of heart.

What the hell are you talking about?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Have to say that I had to double check my browser to make sure I wasn't at Profootballtalk where are more Vikings fans posing as Packers' fans than real Packers fans.

In any event...guess those trolls are right.

pfcmsh

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We are a match with the Bears, as bad as they are. Agreed. They are much better than last year and look how far we have fallen. You can't win consistently in the NFL being a mediocre team with one excellent player like we are. It cant be done because that excellent player can be gone for the season in 2 seconds.

H

HardRightEdge

Desperado times call for desperado measures.

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Browns will upset the Lions, The Vikings will lose to Washington and the Pack will shut out the Bears 20 to 0.. We'll be 1 game out of first.. Go Pack Go!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
God !, I love this ladies enthusiasm. :D

I do too. I hope the poster is correct but mainly on the Packers/Bears result - I would rather have a red-hot poker jammed up my ********** than watch the Packers lose to the Bears. (I don't have to tell you that the 80's were pretty tough on me.)

And in true Packer land, we have heart; miles and miles of heart.

You know Croak, Aaron isn't going to come running out of that tunnel at halftime with Keanu Reeves' hair flopping in slow-mo. :sneaky: Love that "miles and miles of heart..." quote.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers 20 Bears 17

We should be able to manhandle the bears. Hopefully, MM's cranial-****** extraction operation was successful on Tuesday.

Need the whole team to put in a genuine effort.

Cut the playbook by 80%. Use only 15 pass plays and focus on getting Hundley very comfortable on those.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers 20 Bears 17

We should be able to manhandle the bears. Hopefully, MM's cranial-****** extraction operation was successful on Tuesday.

Cut the playbook by 80%. Use only 15 pass plays and focus on getting Hundley very comfortable on those.
Not to worry!
McCarthy and Capers have been laying in the weeds for the last month anticipating this game to show what they can really do.:D

D

Deleted member 6794

Packers inactives:

Devante Mays
Morgan Burnett
Donatello Brown
Bryan Bulaga
Quinton Dial
Chris Odom

With that being said it's mind-boggling Bulaga is still on the roster as well as the Packers currently having only 52 players on the roster including him.

H

HardRightEdge

Packers 20 Bears 17

That's certainly possible. You'd have to the think Capers can stay in this game against a not-ready-for-prime-time QB.

You accurately reflect the current state of affairs: a 3 point win in a low scoring game is a "manhandle" these days.

My pre-game thought on Detroit was +3 on turnovers would do it. For this one, you'd think +1 should be enough. The kind of turnovers that don't show up in the box score, like missing on 4th. down at mid-field and giving up 40 yards of field position, need to be avoided.

H

HardRightEdge

Packers inactives:

Devante Mays
Morgan Burnett
Donatello Brown
Bryan Bulaga
Quinton Dial
Chris Odom

With that being said it's mind-boggling Bulaga is still on the roster as well as the Packers currently having only 52 players on the roster including him.
Yeah, I just did a head count on the roster at Packers.com which is kept very current and it does look like 52.

I can understand keeping Bulaga on the roster. Spriggs looks like he'll be coming back in short order. There's not much point in adding a short timer only to have him game day inactive.

However, having only 52 forfeits the team's right to third year practice squad eligibility. I don't know how long that forfeiture lasts. If it carries over to next season you'd figure it would be worth bringing up a guy for one game, pay him a $30,000 game check to preserve the right, and then put him back on PS once they figure out who #53 is supposed to be.

Unless there was some last hour, unreported addition it's hard to fathom. Maybe there's some obscure provision that gives them a waiver on the 53 requirement because they filed a protest to claw back money from Bennett. Or maybe they thought they were going get a deal done for Kaepernick and it fell through at the last minute. :eek::confused:;)

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to worry!
McCarthy and Capers have been laying in the weeds for the last month anticipating this game to show what they can really do.:D
Thats the problem! MM and Capers need to stay away from the weed in order develop a good game plan.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers inactives:

Devante Mays
Morgan Burnett
Donatello Brown
Bryan Bulaga
Quinton Dial
Chris Odom

It's not uncommon for Thompson to be asleep at the switch.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as 7 is the qb with a west coast offense, I do not like what I see. Option would work better with a qb that cannot beat you w his arm.