Packers vs Da Bears game Thread

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess you're right. Without Rodgers Jordy can't get open and if anyone else other than Rodgers threw the ball he probably couldn't catch it anymore anyway. It's the same for everyone else too on this team I guess.

I think the defensive side has good players not being put in positions to succeed.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I guess you're right. Without Rodgers Jordy can't get open and if anyone else other than Rodgers threw the ball he probably couldn't catch it anymore anyway. It's the same for everyone else too on this team I guess.

I think the defensive side has good players not being put in positions to succeed.
No matter how it's rationalized, it still results in the Packers being awful.

On the defensive part, it's unfortunately a moot point until the Packers move on from Capers.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and there's a difference between playing awful and having a roster of nothing but awful players like people, such as yourself, keep proclaiming. like now, Atlanta is playing awful with the same players everyone thought was unstoppable a few weeks ago. the Steelers were playing awful, but now are playing pretty good football with the same players. and like last year, GB was playing awful and then played very well, with exactly the same players.

So if you're going to say they have a roster of nothing, i'm going to call your ********. Rationalize it any way you need to

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
and there's a difference between playing awful and having a roster of nothing but awful players like people, such as yourself, keep proclaiming. like now, Atlanta is playing awful with the same players everyone thought was unstoppable a few weeks ago. the Steelers were playing awful, but now are playing pretty good football with the same players. and like last year, GB was playing awful and then played very well, with exactly the same players.

So if you're going to say they have a roster of nothing, i'm going to call your ********. Rationalize it any way you need to
The only game the Falcons looked unstoppable in was against this Green Bay Packers defense, Mondio! And the Steelers are 6-2 and haven't lost back to back games this season. How is that even comparable to the Packers?

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only game the Falcons looked unstoppable in was against this Green Bay Packers defense, Mondio! And the Steelers are 6-2 and haven't lost back to back games this season. How is that even comparable to the Packers?

The Steelers losing a bad Bears team and being blown out at home by the Jaguars during a 3 week stretch counts as bad a stretch.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess you didn't watch any Steelers games early on this year, or pay attention to what was being said about them? Yeah, they got beat by the bears and should have been beaten by the browns while looking like garbage. They looked like **** to start the year and now they look like a team that could represent the AFC in the Superbowl. People were already saying Rohtlisberger should have just retired and let the team move on with a down year after like 3 games.

anyway, there's a difference between playing awful and having a roster of awful players, which is what you seem to be getting at. We don't, and that line of thinking is garbage. It means you don't really watch the games. you don't really know who's on the teams and you don't really understand what it takes to be successful. If Jordy Nelson is open for a TD and Randall Cobb is open for a TD while the QB sits in a well maintained pocket, but he never throws the ball, it doesn't mean the offensive line sucks, the WR's suck and nobody else is doing a good job. That's the point, not that the packers are really the Steelers. Sorry to have confused you.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The Steelers losing a bad Bears team and being blown out at home by the Jaguars during a 3 week stretch counts as bad a stretch.
I guess you didn't watch any Steelers games early on this year, or pay attention to what was being said about them? Yeah, they got beat by the bears and should have been beaten by the browns while looking like garbage. They looked like **** to start the year and now they look like a team that could represent the AFC in the Superbowl. People were already saying Rohtlisberger should have just retired and let the team move on with a down year after like 3 games.

anyway, there's a difference between playing awful and having a roster of awful players, which is what you seem to be getting at. We don't, and that line of thinking is garbage. It means you don't really watch the games. you don't really know who's on the teams and you don't really understand what it takes to be successful. If Jordy Nelson is open for a TD and Randall Cobb is open for a TD while the QB sits in a well maintained pocket, but he never throws the ball, it doesn't mean the offensive line sucks, the WR's suck and nobody else is doing a good job. That's the point, not that the packers are really the Steelers. Sorry to have confused you.
Again, the Steelers still won the football game. And have not lost back to back games this season. The Packers have lost three in a row and for no legitimate period of time in those games did anyone think they were in a position to win.

It's just not comparable.

I'm right here in the conversation, Mondio. You haven't come close to confusing me.

Funny how both of you bypassed the point about the Falcons. :roflmao:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Falcons are not anybody's favorites anymore, you're right, yet they have the same players they went to the super bowl with. Awful players or awful play? you sure you're still in this converstation? The Steelers record is not the point, but it must be for you, then so bit. this has to be at least the 3rd time, i can't make it anymore clear. but yes, the Steelers do have a better record and are playing better than GB.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The whole point is that it took Rodgers getting hurt for everyone to see just how bad the talent is. And yes, Rodgers is/was/will be at the peak of his career, and he will still have this same collection of crap as a supporting cast.

Well said.

I think some of us knew/feared this fact well before his injury. We all saw signs at how bad the offense was when Rodgers game was off. How the offense struggled in the preseason with Hundley. The signs were definitely there, now we all just have the proof staring at us smack in the face.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I watched the Jaguars/Steelers game. Two scores were pick sixes. If you take away the five turnovers, it would look like Big Ben had a good day. Also, 90 of Leonard Fournette's yards came on one play. It was a great win for the Jaguars, but don't assume it's an indication the Steelers are overrated.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched the Jaguars/Steelers game. Two scores were pick sixes. If you take away the five turnovers, it would look like Big Ben had a good day. Also, 90 of Leonard Fournette's yards came on one play. It was a great win for the Jaguars, but don't assume it's an indication the Steelers are overrated.
Nobody said they are overrated. The point was that a team with good players overall can play badly.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The Falcons are not anybody's favorites anymore, you're right, yet they have the same players they went to the super bowl with. Awful players or awful play? you sure you're still in this converstation? The Steelers record is not the point, but it must be for you, then so bit. this has to be at least the 3rd time, i can't make it anymore clear. but yes, the Steelers do have a better record and are playing better than GB.
But somehow the Falcons, who have been playing awful this season, looked like the greatest show on turf on steroids against the Packers.

The Steelers record is absolutely the point for me. Does your play result in wins or losses? For the Steelers, despite their struggles, they still have enough to find a way to win games. A team that finds a way to win games is much different than a team that's playing awful and isn't even the slightest bit competitive. And again, it's laughable to draw any equivalency between the two.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
there is no equivalency, like when I said the last time, that wasn't my point. I got your point, the Steelers have a better record. It probably helped they played a crappy game against the Browns and not the Saints, but they're probably equivalent teams, for the sake of your argument LOL

anyway, Good players can play poorly, and good players can play well but have someone not playing well that distributes the ball to them and have a poor outcome. The defense has individual talent, I think they're used for crap. Regardless if we just look at the offensive side of the ball, there is far more there than just Rodgers.

at least you can see that the Falcons who were in the Superbowl last year with the same players, can play poorly this year with the same players. Do they all suck now? Saw Julio Jones drop the most sure and open TD almost in the history of the league, does he suck now? LOL if your answer is no, then I know you get it, you just want to argue about it LOL You don't have to answer out loud.

H

HardRightEdge

Bears 26
Packers 17
....and with the fifth pick in the draft the Green Bay packers select Quentin Nelson, G, Notre Dame
A guard? The time is now to be addressing Nelson/Matthews succession planning. Actually, it was last draft but the defense was the more immediate issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HardRightEdge

Despite Nelson's good numbers last season, it was evident he'd lost his long speed/5th. gear. Whether that's having not fully recovered from the ACL or just age, defenders don't fear him running away from them.

That doesn't mean he's done as a player. He's a savvy route runner and can be a productive player just as Fitzgerald remained productive after losing some of the athleticism.

However, what you're left with in Nelson/Adams/Cobb is a collection of possession receivers and that shrinks the field for the defense.

H

HardRightEdge

Capers has success against struggling and inexperienced QBs with his zone looks intended to confuse, so I'd expect him to go primarily with that template against the Bears. That Trubiski can run is a further reason to go zone. Zone is not this coverage group's strength, particularly King but also Jones and Martinez, but you do what you gotta do.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But somehow the Falcons, who have been playing awful this season, looked like the greatest show on turf on steroids against the Packers.

The Steelers record is absolutely the point for me. Does your play result in wins or losses? For the Steelers, despite their struggles, they still have enough to find a way to win games. A team that finds a way to win games is much different than a team that's playing awful and isn't even the slightest bit competitive. And again, it's laughable to draw any equivalency between the two.

You do realize we lost Micah Hyde on the opening kickoff in the playoffs right? Injuries before and during the game contributed to that, which is why Mike McCarthy was unwilling to fire Dom Capers. We also ran out of offensive linemen in that game, which of course did not help our TOP statistic. Not making excuses here, just pointing out it was more than Atlanta's offense being better than ours.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
You do realize we lost Micah Hyde on the opening kickoff in the playoffs right? Injuries before and during the game contributed to that, which is why Mike McCarthy was unwilling to fire Dom Capers. We also ran out of offensive linemen in that game, which of course did not help our TOP statistic. Not making excuses here, just pointing out it was more than Atlanta's offense being better than ours.
I'm referring specifically to the week 2 game this season.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Despite Nelson's good numbers last season, it was evident he'd lost his long speed/5th. gear. Whether that's having not fully recovered from the ACL or just age, defenders don't fear him running away from them.

That doesn't mean he's done as a player. He's a savvy route runner and can be a productive player just as Fitzgerald remained productive after losing some of the athleticism.

However, what you're left with in Nelson/Adams/Cobb is a collection of possession receivers and that shrinks the field for the defense.
to a degree, but even in these 3 losses he's missed adams and Nelson for big plays and he missed even looking at or throwing to Nelson and Cobb that both would have resulted in TD's in the last game. I'm not saying we should be operating at a top 3 offense, but certainly better than average. There is plenty of talent on this offense to achieve at least that.

H

HardRightEdge

to a degree, but even in these 3 losses he's missed adams and Nelson for big plays and he missed even looking at or throwing to Nelson and Cobb that both would have resulted in TD's in the last game. I'm not saying we should be operating at a top 3 offense, but certainly better than average. There is plenty of talent on this offense to achieve at least that.
When you start adjusting for every missed opportunity it starts to look like an expectation of mistake-free football . The best QBs, the best offenses, don't get through games without missed opportunities...dropped balls, bad throws, an open receiver not seen. They make up for it by making other plays. These guys don't make enough plays to compensate for mistakes.

On the throw to Adams, for example, he was looking for an inside throw, which is where Hundley needed to put it, but it drifted outside but not entirely out of the realm of catchable. Adams was slow to adjust to the throw compared to the better deep threats and didn't lay out for the ball that some receivers might be capable of doing. It's the kind of play that puts Adams in the category of possession receiver. Put the two together, the thrower and the catcher both a little off, and the play making ability is not sufficient to make up for a shortcoming at one end or the other.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you start adjusting for every missed opportunity it starts to look like an expectation of mistake-free football . The best QBs, the best offenses, don't get through games without missed opportunities...dropped balls, bad throws, an open receiver not seen. They make up for it by making other plays. These guys don't make enough plays to compensate for mistakes.

On the throw to Adams, for example, he was looking for an inside throw, which is where Hundley needed to put it, but it drifted outside but not entirely out of the realm of catchable. Adams was slow to adjust to the throw compared to the better deep threats and didn't lay out for the ball that some receivers might be capable of doing. It's the kind of play that puts Adams in the category of possession receiver. Put the two together, the thrower and the catcher both a little off, and the play making ability is not sufficient to make up for a shortcoming at one end or the other.

That kind of mistake is called miscommunication. Young QBs who have almost no experience in games that matter tend to occasionally screw up when they call plays in the huddle. I have heard game commentators talk about this. Even veteran QBs mess up sometimes if they don't have the "it" that Packers fans take for granted.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i expect mistakes, I expect him to get better, but at the same time, when there are plays to be made by guys down the field i'm not going to say they aren't good enough to be open or open the field for the offense. those plays seemed rather regular with Rodgers, but in reality, 5-10 shots in that 20-40 range are pretty normal and this offense has that capability.

They do need to play with fewer mistakes than they used to. it would help.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts