Packers v Vikings Pregame chit chat

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you're purposely taunting the football gods ... a little negative reinforcement, which you're believing said football gods will unleash the wrath of the thing - just to prove you wrong. :) I heartily support your effort in doing so, however, the Packers lack a defense to stop that Viking offense. Unless Cousins overthrown his receivers and our DB's happen to be in exactly the right place, at the right time ... Vikings running game puts up 200 yards today.

Vikings 27 Packers 17
Ditto!

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I think you're purposely taunting the football gods ... a little negative reinforcement, which you're believing said football gods will unleash the wrath of the thing - just to prove you wrong. :) I heartily support your effort in doing so, however, the Packers lack a defense to stop that Viking offense. Unless Cousins overthrown his receivers and our DB's happen to be in exactly the right place, at the right time ... Vikings running game puts up 200 yards today.

Vikings 27 Packers 17, think this?
I wonder, still think I was purposely taunting the football gods? What was my prediction? Oh yeah, 27-17, exactly what the offenses scored. Saints won, Niners won, and the Vikings moved to the third seed.

D

Deleted member 6794

This didn't age well.

Ahmed hurt his groin in warmups, therefore Crosby handled kickoff duties as well. The coaching staff planning on the backup kicker to kick off tells you that don't believe Crosby has the leg strength to consistently put the ball into the end zone though.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I wonder, still think I was purposely taunting the football gods? What was my prediction? Oh yeah, 27-17, exactly what the offenses scored. Saints won, Niners won, and the Vikings moved to the third seed.
Nah... you called it man, you know your team better, or, you got a new crystal ball for Christmas - for your sake, because you've always been a Viking fan of style and substance, I'm sorry it got soooo out-of-hand.

Truthfully, I did NOT see that one coming. Packers have Joe Berry and Vikings have "Mr. 4th and 26 Himself", my expectations were admittedly non-existent for yesterday's game. The Pack were so out-coached and out-played in the first meeting, I knew they'd play better this time around but not to the level it hit yesterday. When Crosby's field goal attempt hit the crossbar and bounced over, I knew the football gods were smiling on the Pack - HOW does that man hit the goal posts so much? Man, he has to hold some kind of record, normally he'll hit the upright and it'll bounce out no-good. Yeah, the football god's finger reached down and touched us.

Now if the Pack get in the playoffs, and not a given because they have an embarrassing score to settle with the Lions too, it would be inevitable that the Pack and the Vikes play a 3rd time - and THAT would be a game for the ages.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Nah... you called it man, you know your team better, or, you got a new crystal ball for Christmas - for your sake, because you've always been a Viking fan of style and substance, I'm sorry it got soooo out-of-hand.

Truthfully, I did NOT see that one coming. Packers have Joe Berry and Vikings have "Mr. 4th and 26 Himself", my expectations were admittedly non-existent for yesterday's game. The Pack were so out-coached and out-played in the first meeting, I knew they'd play better this time around but not to the level it hit yesterday. When Crosby's field goal attempt hit the crossbar and bounced over, I knew the football gods were smiling on the Pack - HOW does that man hit the goal posts so much? Man, he has to hold some kind of record, normally he'll hit the upright and it'll bounce out no-good. Yeah, the football god's finger reached down and touched us.

Now if the Pack get in the playoffs, and not a given because they have an embarrassing score to settle with the Lions too, it would be inevitable that the Pack and the Vikes play a 3rd time - and THAT would be a game for the ages.
Not to worry, it's Vikings-Packers weekend. I expect it. Hell if it didn't happen, i'd be worried some other team's fans had taken over the board. :)

If this week's games go as I think, the only game the two teams can meet in will be the NFC championship game. Won't that be fun?

Members online

Latest posts