Packers v Vikings Pregame chit chat

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A few years ago a reporter asked one of the Vikings just before the season what he thought would be a successful season. The player replied if we go 2 and 14 if the two wins are against Green Bay it was a successful season.
They will be frothing at the mouth Sunday they hate us so let's not be thinking they'll rest people or will go easy.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fact that the Packers are favorites makes me think certain in the know people believe the resting/pitch count theory.

D

Deleted member 6794

I was not overly impressed with MN last week.

The Vikings haven't been overly impressive for most of the season but they have found a way to win close games.

The fact that the Packers are favorites makes me think certain in the know people believe the resting/pitch count theory.

I really don't understand why people believe the Vikings are thinking about resting any of their starters. A loss would most likely mean they would lose the #2 seed to the Niners possibly resulting in having to play another road game on their way to the Super Bowl.

In addition they still have a small chance of securing the #1 seed in the NFC as well.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I cannot believe Lazard gets fined $10K for counting the number of Dolphins on the ground -- from 5 yards away no less. He's not in their face taunting them for gawd's sake. Now, the fact that three guys went down can't be disputed but it's almost looking to me like he brushed one guy and the other two tripped over each other (see the second angle) - but, the fact remains, 3 guys were on the ground. Still and the same, those three Dolphins probably didn't even SEE him counting.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings have a very good KO returner. This game should show us if our ST are up to the task and if Crosby is a liability. Hopefully we will be kicking off quite a bit.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
You guys worry too much. It's going to work like this. The Eagles are going to lose in their early game, thus still leaving the door open for the Vikings to get the one seed. The Vikings will blow any chance of the 1 seed by losing to the Packers and allowing the Niners to sneak in and take the 2nd seed. So, they will go from having a chance at the 1 to locking in the 3 seed. Because that's what my Vikings do. Disappoint.

Packer 27, Vikings 17.

Reaction score
I think with Wyatt playing and Lowry not. And with Slaton playing significantly at nose. We will be a much improved run D. And Reed has been playing very well so want to see him too.
Remember this, there's a reason way the Vikings are winning football games.
And if the Packers had so much dam talent and good coaches, we would be on top of our division instead of the Vikings.

Win or lose this game, there has to be a house cleaning in GB before next year in terms of a serious @ss-kicking.

I'm predicting:
Vikings 38
Packers 7

Now let's move on to the 2023 season

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And if the Packers had so much dam talent and good coaches, we would be on top of our division instead of the Vikings.

Win or lose this game, there has to be a house cleaning in GB before next year in terms of a serious @ss-kicking.

I'm predicting:
Vikings 38
Packers 7

It could get that bad but I think we will put up more than 7. Vikings D is not that great.

Reaction score
It could get that bad but I think we will put up more than 7. Vikings D is not that great.

I'm predicting:
Vikings 38
Packers 7

Honestly though 31 point spread? It’s hard to respond to this. But I’ll do my best

The Vikings are a good football team. I think they are truly the strength of a 12-5 type squad (but slightly regressing) We obviously started slow as everyone kinda knew we would, but it took longer than expected. Packers are essentially a 10-7 strength team and will be meaning business and playing in front of a home crowd.
I like our chances at home 2nd time around. We are not the Week 1 team the Vikings saw at US Bank and if they are expecting that? They will be very disappointed.

Last edited:

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score

I'm predicting:
Vikings 38
Packers 7

Not sure what you are smoking but I'd like some. I would be shocked to see either team win by 31 points.

Reaction score
MN is clearly a Pass heavy Offense. They are top 10 in many Offensive categories. One of the few weakness’ is allowing Sacks (26th). Barry needs to recognize that Kirk Cousins will crumble if he starts getting banged around some. Our DL/LB need to be challenged to get some hits on Kirk in this one and make Kirk throw while scrambling.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MN is clearly a Pass heavy Offense. They are top 10 in many Offensive categories. One of the few weakness’ is allowing Sacks (26th). Barry needs to recognize that Kirk Cousins will crumble if he starts getting banged around some. Our DL/LB need to be challenged to get some hits on Kirk in this one and make Kirk throw while scrambling.
Well the Eagles and the Boys made life miserable for him. In years past it was the running game with Cook that gave us fits. Hard to stop all of it. Just slow them down.

D

Deleted member 6794

Vikings have a very good KO returner. This game should show us if our ST are up to the task and if Crosby is a liability. Hopefully we will be kicking off quite a bit.

The Packers elevated Ahmed to the active roster for today's game vs. the Vikings. That should actually be all you need to know about Crosby.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers elevated Ahmed to the active roster for today's game vs. the Vikings. That should actually be all you need to know about Crosby.
Did they demote Crosby or will he be kicking field goals? I would hope that is the case.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate the Giants for personal reasons, too long to discuss. Didn`t realise it was a requirement to be a Packer fans. The Lions introduced me to football, can I have a soft spot for them, or isn`t that allowed either ? :(
I only wanted to know because this is a Packer Fan Forum. At no point did I state that being a fan of any other team wasn't allowed. But, I am curious, why'd you call me out for hating on the queens? I mean, you quoted me specifically.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I only wanted to know because this is a Packer Fan Forum. At no point did I state that being a fan of any other team wasn't allowed. But, I am curious, why'd you call me out for hating on the queens? I mean, you quoted me specifically.

Did I ? I merely wondered you seem to hate the Vikings so vehemently ? If you took it that way I apologise. The Vikings have never really been a great threat to us in the past. I hate the Giants because of a "friend" who I congratulated when they won the superbowl, but could not or would not when we beat the Steelers. I was disgusted.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rumor has it Vikings might be resting player and have others on a pitch count.

My though on this is if they are it's against what the players want, as I have no doubt they would like to knock us out of playoffs and brag about it for thd next 2 decades seeing as we dominated this division for the last 20 add years.

That said I hope they show up to play and do there best to beat us because then when we kick there as.. back to Minnesota they will be depleted and demoralized.

If we can beat them at there best we have no business going to playoffs since we will be facing much better teams then them once there.

I'm looking forward to a 60 minute WAR!
I doubt they'll be resting anybody today. They would love nothing more than knock us out of the post season. Do they have a shot at the #1 seed?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
You guys worry too much. It's going to work like this. The Eagles are going to lose in their early game, thus still leaving the door open for the Vikings to get the one seed. The Vikings will blow any chance of the 1 seed by losing to the Packers and allowing the Niners to sneak in and take the 2nd seed. So, they will go from having a chance at the 1 to locking in the 3 seed. Because that's what my Vikings do. Disappoint.

Packer 27, Vikings 17.
I think you're purposely taunting the football gods ... a little negative reinforcement, which you're believing said football gods will unleash the wrath of the thing - just to prove you wrong. :) I heartily support your effort in doing so, however, the Packers lack a defense to stop that Viking offense. Unless Cousins overthrown his receivers and our DB's happen to be in exactly the right place, at the right time ... Vikings running game puts up 200 yards today.

Vikings 27 Packers 17

Members online

Latest posts