Packers v Vikings Pregame chit chat

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I respect the Vikings but they are no where near as good as their 12-3 record suggests.

11-0 in one score games is insanity. They deserve some credit for that, but there’s also an incredible amount of fortune that goes into it as well.

They are essentially the 2019 Packers.
How long can it be before their luck runs out?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I think you're purposely taunting the football gods ... a little negative reinforcement, which you're believing said football gods will unleash the wrath of the thing - just to prove you wrong. :) I heartily support your effort in doing so, however, the Packers lack a defense to stop that Viking offense. Unless Cousins overthrown his receivers and our DB's happen to be in exactly the right place, at the right time ... Vikings running game puts up 200 yards today.

Vikings 27 Packers 17
Funny how that is this year. Most of my Packer friends are saying the same thing. For the past 20 years when I said it, I was just being realistic. :)
I like the Vikings running game numbers you put up. If that happens, yeah, I'll buy your score.

Here's to a good game with no injuries and no BS ref calls that cost either team the game.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Funny how that is this year. Most of my Packer friends are saying the same thing. For the past 20 years when I said it, I was just being realistic. :)
I like the Vikings running game numbers you put up. If that happens, yeah, I'll buy your score.

Here's to a good game with no injuries and no BS ref calls that cost either team the game.
With one exception, I agree. I'll take some ref BS ... the Pack are overdue.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Luck? No such thing. If this was Tampa and Brady people would be talking about the "God" of Brady pushing his team to win.
If you don't think luck isn't a factor in the NFL I don't know what to tell ya. Last week we got lucky that Miami didn't challenge a big catch by Lewis and enabled us to get into scoring position and change our fortunes in that game.

Reaction score
I want to know 1 thing. IF the Packers pull out a Win today, will everyone outside (and some inside) of GB stop making excuses for our 4th consecutive victory. I’ve heard every excuse known to mankind of how GB can’t beat a good team.

Are the Vikings Good or not? Let’s get this established beforehand because I don’t want to hear any apologists if GB dukes it out and Wins.
no “yeah but they weren’t trying because of seeding” “yeah but it was cold” “yeah but so and so got hurt” “yeah but the refs called the game” “yeah yeah yeah.blah blah blah “

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to know 1 thing. IF the Packers pull out a Win today, will everyone outside (and some inside) of GB stop making excuses for our 4th consecutive victory.

No. The "Ya but.." crowd will never disappear. They are the perpetually unhappy. The Packers could win 70-0, have time of possession of 59-1, score on every drive, not allow any 1st downs, have no penalties and yet there would be a group of people complaining that they lost the coin flip and that they can't allow this 'coin flip issue' to continue into the post season because it will cost us a game.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think with Wyatt playing and Lowry not. And with Slaton playing significantly at nose. We will be a much improved run D. And Reed has been playing very well so want to see him too.

I want to see Jonathan Ford in the mix..can't be any worse than lowry!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. The "Ya but.." crowd will never disappear. They are the perpetually unhappy. The Packers could win 70-0, have time of possession of 59-1, score on every drive, not allow any 1st downs, have no penalties and yet there would be a group of people complaining that they lost the coin flip and that they can't allow this 'coin flip issue' to continue into the post season because it will cost us a game.
Ya buts living in the ****ing woods.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Giants blowing out Indy, Wash up vs Cleve, but just as important, Saints beating the Eagles. Would prefer Cleveland to win out, but if the Saints win, that would be a good consolation because then that forces the Eagles and Dallas to play in Week 18.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did I ? I merely wondered you seem to hate the Vikings so vehemently ? If you took it that way I apologise. The Vikings have never really been a great threat to us in the past. I hate the Giants because of a "friend" who I congratulated when they won the superbowl, but could not or would not when we beat the Steelers. I was disgusted.
No biggie as I believe that ppl are always able to disagree and so I took it personally and if I offended, I apologize. I never liked the queens and Moss "mooning" us at Lambeu, I grew to hate them, although that definitely isn't the only reason. Nonetheless, I wasn't trying to offend.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No biggie as I believe that ppl are always able to disagree and so I took it personally and if I offended, I apologize. I never liked the queens and Moss "mooning" us at Lambeu, I grew to hate them, although that definitely isn't the only reason. Nonetheless, I wasn't trying to offend.

Jared ******* Allen with that goat roping ******** made me hate them even more. That ****** also said can't count on Green Bay for anything as another loss in 2009 would have wrapped up the division for the barney's. Hopefully this game starts their downward spiral as they have over achieved all season!!

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barring a shocking collapse by the Browns, the Packers now control their own destiny.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotta love this time of year!! Would love to see the Packers schlack the queens 58-0. With eagles and 49ers injuries at qb..nfc is looking more wide open.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Non taken although on the Moss issue, I kind of found that quite funny given the **** we gave him all through the game. Maybe it`s a british thing ?

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I'm a Viking fan, I'm thinking my luck is in full force since the Eagles are down to the Saints and that puts the #1 seed definitely in play still.