Pack vs Bears stud n dud

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
King hasn’t proven himself to be a difference maker even when he is on the field, which is rare. I have more faith in Josh Jackson in the secondary than King. Fortunately, Alexander has lived up to his first round billing and has matched up against some of the best WRs in football.

But King? Nope, I’m with you on this one Poker. My concern is if he’ll ever show up at all, or join that army of bad TT corner picks. I hope I’m wrong, but next year will be his third season, right? Let’s hope we don’t have another Spriggs on our hands. Different position, same result - high pick gone bust.

Maybe King is good and the coaching is bad? Tough to determine with all of his injuries. I don't want to start up another Whitt or Secondary coaches thread, but there have been way too many failures with high picked secondary players, with some actually going on to play better with other teams, to make me think the problem also lies with coaching and not just getting a string of bad players.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

He was matched up against the best pass rushing OLB in the league a majority of the game. He blocked Mack alone on a handful of plays. On 2 of those plays Mack got a sack and a 1/2 sack.

Mack made Bahk look bad on some plays.

Spriggs has played decently this season and is getting better. Its difficult to remove prejudices and evaluate a player, I get it. Spriggs looked really bad early last year. But look at him now, with fresh eyes.

And bear in mind that Spriggs has a very high ceiling. His is physically one of the most impressive OTs in the NFL. If he really gets it going as I think he is headed, he can be an impact player.

I'm fine with keeping Spriggs as a backup for next season but there's definitely no reason to feel comfortable about him starting anytime soon.