Packers vs Panthers Studs n Duds

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just waiting for another Nagler reaction to leak regarding this defense. We knew this was going to happen and it did. The worst team in the league put up their best numbers against us.

Dud: Barry, obviously. Also dud, MLF for hiring him over literally any other candidate and then for not having the cojones to fire him. I heard he actually said that he felt better about the defense after this game in his press conference which gives me no confidence in his ability to lead or observe. He has some really boneheaded play calling at times as well. I'm not sure if it's who Love is choosing to throw to, but these bombs down the field on 3rd and short are absurd. I'm not totally out on him, but he's on my last nerve.

Stud: Kraft again. Having two potential stud tight ends is exciting. Jones is such a beast! How much longer can he keep it up? Love looked good again!

Reaction score
We need to get through this year healthy. Get an upgrade or two on OL, 1 more good weapon on Offense.

Then hit this D draft hard and scale those upgrades to a new DC needs. I’m talking like 4 picks inside 4 rounds

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud: Barry, obviously. Also dud, MLF for hiring him over literally any other candidate and then for not having the cojones to fire him. I heard he actually said that he felt better about the defense after this game in his press conference which gives me no confidence in his ability to lead or observe. He has some really boneheaded play calling at times as well. I'm not sure if it's who Love is choosing to throw to, but these bombs down the field on 3rd and short are absurd. I'm not totally out on him, but he's on my last nerve.
MLF said that about the defense? Crazy. The game wasn't on TV here so I had to watch Tom Grossi's podcast play by play, but that was a win where the team still somehow comes up looking bad. They blew a 14 point lead late in the game.

As for MLF, it's great we scored 33 points today (even agains the Panther). But I'm not convinced MLF has been the offensive genius he was sold as. It's more of a ball control offense than we're used to, which is fine, but you need the defense to go with it. I'm not out on MLF at all, but he needs to pull the plug on Barry, and there are some cracks beginning to appear.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a question: Who has been head coach the longest before finally winning a Super Bowl, anyone know? The reason I ask is I'm just wondering if there is a window before a team might start tuning a head coach out?

Catamount1971

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MLF said that about the defense? Crazy. The game wasn't on TV here so I had to watch Tom Grossi's podcast play by play, but that was a win where the team still somehow comes up looking bad. They blew a 14 point lead late in the game.

As for MLF, it's great we scored 33 points today (even agains the Panther). But I'm not convinced MLF has been the offensive genius he was sold as. It's more of a ball control offense than we're used to, which is fine, but you need the defense to go with it. I'm not out on MLF at all, but he needs to pull the plug on Barry, and there are some cracks beginning to appear.
If you have Sirius xm, you can stream the game with Wayne Laravee.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you have Sirius xm, you can stream the game with Wayne Laravee.
I do not. I'm old fashioned, I dislike the idea of paying a subscription fee for radio. Grossi's not bad though, even though there's like a minute delay. Today I had Grossi on the TV, and ESPN's Gamecast facing me on my computer on the end table.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I do not. I'm old fashioned, I dislike the idea of paying a subscription fee for radio. Grossi's not bad though, even though there's like a minute delay. Today I had Grossi on the TV, and ESPN's Gamecast facing me on my computer on the end table.
Vsee box

300 bucks you get all channels. I watch milwaukee fox 6 from Phoenix

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a question: Who has been head coach the longest before finally winning a Super Bowl, anyone know? The reason I ask is I'm just wondering if there is a window before a team might start tuning a head coach out?
Is it Bill Cowher? I think it took him 15 years.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
**** Vermeil started as a head coach in 1976 and won the SB in 2000. Bill Cowher started in 1992 and won the SB in 2006.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard he actually said that he felt better about the defense after this game in his press conference which gives me no confidence in his ability to lead or observe.
Youtube has the press conference along with a transcript you can search:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Here's what I found MLF saying about the defense:

31:28 [Reporter]: fourth quarter you know you guys your defense looked okay for a lot of the game then the fourth quarter they need two scores to tie and they get them do you come out of this can you come out of this feeling any better about that side of the ball than you did last week?

31:40 [MLF]: oh certainly I mean that was definitely frustrating um you know I think but it wasn't just it wasn't just on the defense I mean offensively you got to give them a a breather especially if we're bleeding a little bit defensively we got to find a way to you know put together a scoring drive we got to find a way to get some first downs to allow those guys to recover recoup.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Andy Reid coached 14 years in Philly without a Lombardi and won his first in his 7th year in KC. Don't know of others off the top of my noggin.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
31:40: oh certainly I mean that was definitely frustrating um you know I think but it wasn't just it wasn't just on the defense I mean offensively you got to give them a a breather especially if we're bleeding a little bit defensively we got to find a way to you know put together a scoring drive we got to find a way to get some first downs to allow those guys to recover recoup

A defense shouldn't be bleeding against a 2-12 team where their rookie QB has done absolutely nothing all year.

His ability to blame everyone else for the faults of JB is amazingly mind boggling. On display for the entire football world yet every week he finds a way to deflect to something else. I'm not 'fire everyone' guy, but I'm really really concerned about this general passing the buck stuff he is engaging in.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I understand Alexander crashed the Captain's line at the coin flip and almost cost us a possession. B.F.D. = Big Friggen Dud.

OP
OP
Zartan

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score

I met Tom Grossi when he did the 30 in 30 when he came to Tampa. I was off work that day and had nothing better to do, very nice person. Hes the Packers fan of the year Nominee.

coulomb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand Alexander crashed the Captain's line at the coin flip and almost cost us a possession. B.F.D. = Big Friggen Dud.

He wasnt even a captain, Quay Walker was defensive captain. So he just kinda plugged himself in there..

Reading that article Jaire comes off like he is Jackie Moon. Which i cant totally hate.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds
Alexander- tackling was atrocious
Gary- He's disappeared since the Detroit game. Just pathetic
Wyatt- let's face it, he's another in a long list of Gute's high draft pick busts.
Walker- same as Wyatt. Looks like a bust.
Studs
Kraft-Looks like he can catch the ball in traffic.
Love- while his stats were mundane, I think he made some extraordinary plays.
Jones- He finally looked healthy and was quick.

Reaction score

DUD: The Referee who blew his whistle repeatedly on this fumble. The Panthers never recovered it as it was clearly seen with no hands on it under the pile here. Then it got shoved a yard away and another Panthers player tried to jump on a loose ball and Wyatt saw it loose and tried to get to it. Those scrambles happen in nearly every fumble and if Wyatt was in the wrong so we’re 3 other players from both teams.
Poor officiating. Wyatt only did what he was supposed to do. Try to recover a lost fumble that’s still in play. It’s not his fault the Referee can’t see. Look at the wording, even the announcers could see it was a loose ball. Nice screw up Ref

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

DUD: The Referee who blew his whistle repeatedly on this fumble. The Panthers never recovered it as it was clearly seen with no hands on it under the pile here. Then it got shoved a yard away and another Panthers player tried to jump on a loose ball and Wyatt saw it loose and tried to get to it. Those scrambles happen in nearly every fumble and if Wyatt was in the wrong so we’re 3 other players from both teams.
Poor officiating. Wyatt only did what he was supposed to do. Try to recover a lost fumble that’s still in play. It’s not his fault the Referee can’t see. Look at the wording, even the announcers could see it was a loose ball. Nice screw up Ref
Yes, this was terrible. They gave us the worst crew. The whistle had blown but Wyatt was already in his lunge. Was he supposed to walk up to the pile and say " Room for one more? "

Reaction score

DUD: Missed pass interference

If everyone recalls, we had a game finish with #37 draping on KC receiver as he was coming back to the ball. This play was nearly the exact same play and similarly let go. Our WR is nearly run over and the Defender does not allow him to raise his arm as he being attacked BEFORE the ball arrives.

Notice how the captioning talks about it being a great defensive play? Si is it ok to drape on a WR while playing the ball or not??
Double standard.

Both plays in each game were missed calls. CLEAR pass interference and a spot foul. Either it is a foul to run into or drape on a WR back before the ball arrives or not.. Let’s make up our minds. When it’s GB it’s the worst officiating ever. When it’s 2-12 Carolina it’s the Best Defense ever. Please neither were egregious, both were missed flags.

STUD: Bo Melton looked great. He would’ve been 4/5 for 60 yards had the Panthers not abused him on this play. Finished 4/6 44 yards in his first meaningful action.

STUD: Aaron Jones

STUD: Kraft/Doubs

STUD OL Blocking.

STUD: Jordan Love.

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
**** Vermeil started as a head coach in 1976 and won the SB in 2000.
That seems to be the winner at this point.

I met Tom Grossi when he did the 30 in 30 when he came to Tampa. I was off work that day and had nothing better to do, very nice person. Hes the Packers fan of the year Nominee.
I think Grossi lives in Florida, doesn't he? I don't really know that much about him, I just watch his play by play podcasts sometimes when the local stations don't have the Packer game.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mcduffie looked last both in coverage and against the run.

Owens looked lost against the run, and seemed to be leaning out when making tackles today.

Both Duds

O-Line seemed solid today.

As mentioned earlier Kraft was great today again.

Deguara I'll give a stud rating for actually getting snaps without shooting the team in the foot.

LaFleur: Sorry but WHY is our 1st round draft pick on Special Teams?