Pack vs Bears stud n dud

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol, wow. Little testy? I wasn’t getting down on you. I was debating your factors. I call them excuses and believe they are irrelevant, you don’t, so we disagree. Not a big deal.

TESTY?! Well, okay. Maybe a little. But dismissing injuries to star players as "excuses" is just nonsense. If injuries are not relevant in a team's ability to perform at its best, then so are depth charts. Why not just randomly set your starters every week if it doesn't make any difference?

Last edited:

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Me to this season
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm not sure any of these guys will ever be worth the deals they get but its something that needs to be done if you don't want to be looking for a new QB every time your current one's rookie deal is up. Franchise QBs will always get paid and if you have one you want to keep them.

I agree they could have waited but most people who wanted to wait were wondering if the shoulder would hold up and IMO it wasn't/isn't the shoulder that is causing him problems its the leg and between the shoulders (and a little higher up for those who would reply "his neck")

I was one of those who wanted to wait and yes, I used the shoulder as my rationale. It is an interesting thought though, had the Packers waited until now, what kind of contract would Rodgers be looking at? Would the Packers actually consider trading him? Lots of "what ifs" in Football and life.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TESTY?! Well, okay. Maybe a little. But dismissing injuries to star players as "excuses" is just nonsense. If injuries are not relevant in a team's ability to perform at its best, then so are depth charts. Why not just randomly set your starters every week if it doesn't make any difference?
Everybody has to deal with injuries though. A team is lucky to get through a game without an injury, let alone a season.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everybody has to deal with injuries though. A team is lucky to get through a game without an injury, let alone a season.
Yes they do, and it affects them. Case and point. We were not far off from winning yesterday at all and that's with missing 3 offensive line starters and 3 defensive line starters. We had more big guys out of the game than the entire Bears team I think. Seriously, just like last year when the vikings were killing it on D, Everybody was healthy basically for a couple season. Same with the Bears, they were missing 1 guy off that defense and still it was our own inability to complete the play when we had beaten the defense that kept us from winning.

Let's replay that game tomorrow and leave Mack on the field, but take away 3 more of their starting front 7 on defense. How good are they? Do they win?

Northwoods

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t like to say this, but I’m putting Aaron Rodgers up for biggest dud. Now that I’ve rewatched the entire game without the distraction of emotion, I think Rodgers played poorly. From the Packers opening drive straight through to their final drive Rodgers was not himself. He started by handing off the ball with running plays and no attempt on his part to help prolong the play by him. He just hurriedly got out of the way. No attempt to act as though he had the ball still. He just hustled out of the way. In fact, he just stared back at the play safely from afar. Maybe he felt going into the game that risking an injury for no real shot at the playoffs.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every team has to deal with injuries, every single team. The eagles won a Super Bowl losing their number 1 CB in the 1st game, Darren Sproles for most of the season, their starting LT & MLB for half the season and their star QB, before the playoffs.

Look I am not denying the pack is once again injury riddled but if we were all fans of other teams we would feel the same way. And who are these “star” players you speak of? Here are our IR guys:

Wilkerson - certainly hurt the DL

Kyle Murphy - who?

Davon House - not a star

Nick Perry - let’s face it, he is a bum in purely football terms

Cole Madison - who?

Geronimo Allison - would he really be any better than what we have at WR? Maybe a bit but know way to know

Byron Bell - with the state of our OL it hurts but not a star

Raven Greene - who? Oh ya he made a nice play or two in one game

Kevin King - glass doll, one of the absolute worst picks in packer draft history, so glad we passed on Watt

Tra Carson - who?

Ibraheim Campbell - who?

Mike Daniels - the closest thing to a star on this list, this one sucks but no one outside of Packerland would call him a star.

Trevor Davis - who? Oh ya that guy that can’t decide whether to catch a punt or not.

Jake Ryan - didn’t help but again, not a star.

So again where are these “star” players you speak of? I see some players that the loss of definitely hurt us but we have not loss a single star player to injury. And for the record I don’t mention anyone playing with injury because not a single player that plays through an injury would use that as an excuse for losing.

We as Packer fans think of our average contributors as “stars” when in all reality they are just another guy. The Packers have 2 star players and they have played most all of the season. Oops make that 3 players, sometimes it is easy to overlook an OL as a star player, mt bad Bahk!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say missing Mo Wilkerson, Kenny Clark and Mike Daniels had a really big impact on yesterdays game. Just having Spriggs in for Bulaga had a big impact on the game. Then put a back up next to the back up on the offensive line. I don't care who's on IR. Those are significant injuries when you're adding them up. Allison may not be a star, but you saw him and Cobb basically win that first bears game by being where they needed to be. Something we haven't had outside of Adams since.

Philly did win a super bowl, so did we once. Philly might not make the playoffs the year after, we had a big different history after ours.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say missing Mo Wilkerson, Kenny Clark and Mike Daniels had a really big impact on yesterdays game. Just having Spriggs in for Bulaga had a big impact on the game. Then put a back up next to the back up on the offensive line. I don't care who's on IR. Those are significant injuries when you're adding them up. Allison may not be a star, but you saw him and Cobb basically win that first bears game by being where they needed to be. Something we haven't had outside of Adams since.

Philly did win a super bowl, so did we once. Philly might not make the playoffs the year after, we had a big different history after ours.
I am not touting the eagles as the be all end all but when people want to put everything on injuries, the eagles won it all with multiple starters on IR most of the season.

If the Packers were 8-4-1 and we lost yesterday, I would consider the injuries, but this is currently a team with a losing mentality, losing is what they do even when healthy. Injuries are excuses, I don’t have all the answers but there is something other than injuries that has this team at 5-81

Puppydog31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We WILL NOT allow name calling on this site per the rules that everyone has read and taken to heart. From the rules: "We are not going to tolerate name calling or personal attacks on other people just because you disagree with their point of view. "
Um, Bears fan? Vikings fan? Joke? Maybe you shouldn't post if you don't know what you are talking about, sheesh. Our only other option is DK. He looked terrible when he played. Posting utter garbage like this is absurd. So what if he hasn't looked up to his standard this year? He set the bar really, really high. I wasn't expecting much after MM was fired anyway. Time to cut some people and reload."Rodgers is just a mediocre quarterback". If that's how you feel, then please, stop posting.
Look at the numbers idiot..he’s just mediocre

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not touting the eagles as the be all end all but when people want to put everything on injuries, the eagles won it all with multiple starters on IR most of the season.

If the Packers were 8-4-1 and we lost yesterday, I would consider the injuries, but this is currently a team with a losing mentality, losing is what they do even when healthy. Injuries are excuses, I don’t have all the answers but there is something other than injuries that has this team at 5-81
oh, for certain there are other problems. From every level at the QB to the 6 play a game special teamers. Every body has their hand in this record at one point or another. Rodgers misses Cobb on 3,4 big plays. Then Rodgers hits Cobb perfectly for one of those old school slant on the money with room to run and in stride and Cobb drops it. Everybody is letting each other down at one point or another. Injuries can be significant. I'm responding to those that say everyone has to deal with injuries and while true, it's not always equal.

They aren't helping and most of the time, teams with lots of different players moving in and out are not winning as often as they're changing players. They can, the Eagles did, we did, but most don't. at the end of this year, when they get to the final 8 in each conference, I bet the majority are also the most healthy.

Puppydog31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, if the Packers end up being as successful in selecting their next head coach as there were before the 1959 season it might be a blessing in disguise ;)

Williams showed a great deal of patience waiting for holes to open yesterday. He's not an explosive runner like Jones but performed at a pretty good level vs. the Bears.

I have no idea why you're doting on Spriggs but he was awful in pass protection. While he might be a decent run blocker there's no reason to believe he will develop into a decent starter at any point.

As a side note, I agree that Rodgers has performed at a disappointing level this season but it's absolutely ludicrous to suggest the Packers would be better off moving on from him. I fully expect him to dominate with a new head coach in 2019 again.
Give me one good reason why you think Rodgers will dominate next year? He hasn’t dominated in 4 years why would you expect it next year??

Puppydog31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Um, Bears fan? Vikings fan? Joke? Maybe you shouldn't post if you don't know what you are talking about, sheesh. Our only other option is DK. He looked terrible when he played. Posting utter garbage like this is absurd. So what if he hasn't looked up to his standard this year? He set the bar really, really high. I wasn't expecting much after MM was fired anyway. Time to cut some people and reload."Rodgers is just a mediocre quarterback". If that's how you feel, then please, stop posting.
Look at the numbers...he’s just mediocre. Geese!

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every team has to deal with injuries, every single team. The eagles won a Super Bowl losing their number 1 CB in the 1st game, Darren Sproles for most of the season, their starting LT & MLB for half the season and their star QB, before the playoffs.

I'm not going to dig through your whole list, so no need to repost the whole thing. When I say "star players" I'm not talking about NFL All-Pro team guys. I'm talking about the guys who are the difference makers on THIS team. Mike Daniels is a big difference maker for the Packers. So is King when healthy. By the way, why did you conveniently leave Clark and Bulaga off of your list? Spriggs is a huge downgrade from Bulaga and Kenny Clark left a big hole in the DL. Looks like you left them off your list because they didn't fit your narrative that we weren't missing anyone who would have made a difference. Nice try. Either that or you need to familiarize yourself with the roster a little better.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
When did Kevin King become a difference maker for the Packers? The guy has barely played due to injuries and when he has, he hasn't been all that. I think he was drafted in the hopes of becoming a difference maker, but so was Rollins, Dix, Randall, Jones......

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not going to dig through your whole list, so no need to repost the whole thing. When I say "star players" I'm not talking about NFL All-Pro team guys. I'm talking about the guys who are the difference makers on THIS team. Mike Daniels is a big difference maker for the Packers. So is King when healthy. By the way, why did you conveniently leave Clark and Bulaga off of your list? Spriggs is a huge downgrade from Bulaga and Kenny Clark left a big hole in the DL. Looks like you left them off your list because they didn't fit your narrative that we weren't missing anyone who would have made a difference. Nice try. Either that or you need to familiarize yourself with the roster a little better.

King is a difference maker? Cmon man...

As far as Clark and Bulaga goes, I clearly stated here is our IR (injured reserve), neither of those guys are on IR and has nothing to do with “my narrative” that said, yes the loss of those guys hurt in this one game but they have not been out the entire season and their injuries are not the reason for 5-8-1.

Puppydog31

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Look I am not denying the pack is once again injury riddled but if we were all fans of other teams we would feel the same way. And who are these “star” players you speak of? Here are our IR guys:

Wilkerson - certainly hurt the DL

Kyle Murphy - who?

Davon House - not a star

Nick Perry - let’s face it, he is a bum in purely football terms

Cole Madison - who?

Geronimo Allison - would he really be any better than what we have at WR? Maybe a bit but know way to know

Byron Bell - with the state of our OL it hurts but not a star

Raven Greene - who? Oh ya he made a nice play or two in one game

Kevin King - glass doll, one of the absolute worst picks in packer draft history, so glad we passed on Watt

Tra Carson - who?

Ibraheim Campbell - who?

Mike Daniels - the closest thing to a star on this list, this one sucks but no one outside of Packerland would call him a star.

Trevor Davis - who? Oh ya that guy that can’t decide whether to catch a punt or not.

Jake Ryan - didn’t help but again, not a star.

So again where are these “star” players you speak of? I see some players that the loss of definitely hurt us but we have not loss a single star player to injury. And for the record I don’t mention anyone playing with injury because not a single player that plays through an injury would use that as an excuse for losing.

We as Packer fans think of our average contributors as “stars” when in all reality they are just another guy. The Packers have 2 star players and they have played most all of the season. Oops make that 3 players, sometimes it is easy to overlook an OL as a star player, mt bad Bahk!
Calling bahk a star is even stretching it..

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Calling bahk a star is even stretching it..
Arguably the best LT in the league, let me rephrase arguably the best OL in the entire NFL, is not a star?

Not the be all end all, but just checked and he is the 2nd highest rated OL in the league according to pff.

He is definitely a star. Not sure why you would think otherwise? Not trying to attack you but just wondering what your reasoning is?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

He IS allowed to express an opinion even if you disagree.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
King is a difference maker? Cmon man...

He's a solid cover corner. Those kind of guys make a difference.

As far as Clark and Bulaga goes, I clearly stated here is our IR (injured reserve), neither of those guys are on IR and has nothing to do with “my narrative” that said, yes the loss of those guys hurt in this one game but they have not been out the entire season and their injuries are not the reason for 5-8-1.

And since the title of this thread is "Pack vs Bears stud n dud" I figured it would be pretty clear that I was talking specifically about this single game from the get-go.

Puppydog31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arguably the best LT in the league, let me rephrase arguably the best OL in the entire NFL, is not a star?

Not the be all end all, but just checked and he is the 2nd highest rated OL in the league according to pff.

He is definitely a star. Not sure why you would think otherwise? Not trying to attack you but just wondering what your reasoning is?
When he’s healthy and playing he’s not bad..

Members online

Latest posts