Duds tampa

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do find it funny with how often the defense gets a pass.

Is it so out of the question to expect the defense to put up a dominant performance against a quality opponent? Kind of like what Tampa just did to the Packers.

The numerous high round selections and premium FAs on defense should come with higher expectations.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offense did him no favors but Mike Pettine was an absolute dud yesterday. The defensive gameplan just flat out sucked. You have the most immobile QB in football and not only do you not scheme anything to pressure him, you don't even try to force him out of the pocket.

The most alarming play was that 3rd and goal from the 8, dropping 8 into coverage. Tom Brady has been around way too long to do that, you give him that much time and he is going to find a hole in the zone.

I am not saying we need to play cover 0 every play, but my goodness, you have a good secondary, trust them. Let your secondary cover and your pass rushers do what they do and stop scheming guys into roles that set them up for failure.

With Josh Jackson starting, I’m not so sure the secondary is “good”. LB’s are pretty mediocre too.

You are correct that they need to find a way to get pressure.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
The Packers played well in the 1st qtr, but as the saying goes it’s 4 qtrs that mattter, Tampa adjusted, and like I said put muscle over finesse, Rodgers staring down Adams, Defense not getting pressure, someone tell me where is that D player(s), that put fear in other teams last one I recall was Reggie White, who do the Packers have or need that can step up and take over a game? Rodgers has to have a monster game, and put up a lot of points, because this D is just to suspect.Didn’t mean to be all over the place.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you still have your ice cream

But if they don't figure out a way to block better on that line, Rodgers won't survive the season. That was as pathetic of a performance by an offensive line as i've seen in quite a while. I know the Bucs are good up front and linebackers are very good, but i saw some pretty pathetic effort out there. and we can't have Wagner out there, he's was bad, bad today.

Yes, the line had a bad day but who would you have inserted at LT instead after Bak got hurt?

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers had a complete dud game. Got himself in quicksand on the 2nd pick and spent the rest of the day trying to chuck most everything down the field looking for the big play to pull himself out.

Every team has a couple like this over a season. It happens. Move on and focus on Houston

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, the line had a bad day but who would you have inserted at LT instead after Bak got hurt?
I don't know, but Wagner was horrid. I'm not sure he blocked anyone on any play. Mostly got ran around and thru. If that's our best option, we have serious issues going forward.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I've heard so far on Bak is chest injury. My concern is every time I hear chest injury, it ends up meaning torn PEC and out for the season.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If that's the case, it gives Gute and chance to check out his 2021 plan for left tackle. BTW - if you all haven't noticed, the glass is always half full of lemonade and roses in my world.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No other way to slice it. Aaron Rodgers is the biggest dud of them all.
I blame Rodgers. He ran for a touchdown, did that weird celebration afterward, and then the TD was called back and things went downhill from there.

To paraphrase The Who, I won't get fooled again. This was not a case of it's just one game. this is a second tier team that is not even competitive with the true Bad boys in the league.
The scary thing is the Bears beat Tampa, and Tampa destroyed us. This was just one game, but it looks like a big warning sign not to expect too much.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds:

Front office: They decided to use the draft to focus on the future rather than shoring up obvious need areas:
  • This team lacks corner depth (King going to be able to demand an absolute FORTUNE from the Packers cause they have nobody ready to replace him when he's a free agent next season)
  • Good defenses can squat on this offense because there is nothing on the offense that provides a reliable deep threat; you want to complain about offensive players, just look how little room there is in the short/intermediate area because that's the only area defenses are worried about
  • Just to be clear, there is no argument that players like Claypool, Shenault, Tee Higgins, Raekwon Davis, AJ Terrel, or my personal favorite, Minkah Fitzpatrick (Packers should have traded for him as many people said) wouldn't improve this team this year, next year, and probably the year after when compared to Jordan Love (also potentially AJ Dillon)
Oline: Not sure why but the oline looked like garbage even before Bak got hurt, fingers crossed he comes back soon
Rodgers: First INT was just AWFUL, the second was also awful but somewhat less so because he was trying to force the ball into tight coverage (coverage which this team is going to have to deal with from good defenses all season)
Receivers: All of them but Adams are not NFL-caliber starters; at best they're good 4th string guys
Linebackers: A washed-up Gronk looked terrific against what the Packers trotted out there

Coaches:
  • Gute's PR: Needs to explain why he can't field a good defense when he currently has maybe 4 good NFL-caliber defenders? Alexander, Amos, Clark, and Z are it and Gute needs to let fans know why he decided to not add better players at CB, ILB, or Dline
  • MLF designed an offense that apparently hinges on Ervin; every other game featured a lot of pre-snap movement, Ervin got hurt and, suddenly, barely much pre-snap movement at all.
Studs:
  • Tyler Ervin, just showed the world that MLF's motion offense doesn't work without him

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers played well in the 1st qtr, but as the saying goes it’s 4 qtrs that mattter, Tampa adjusted, and like I said put muscle over finesse, Rodgers staring down Adams, Defense not getting pressure, someone tell me where is that D player(s), that put fear in other teams last one I recall was Reggie White, who do the Packers have or need that can step up and take over a game? Rodgers has to have a monster game, and put up a lot of points, because this D is just to suspect.Didn’t mean to be all over the place.

Rodgers was bad this game, but the constant complaint of staring down Adams is just silly. Rodgers targeted Adams 10 times, which is a lot when he only threw 35 passes, but I want people to provide actual evidence that MVS, ESB, Shepherd, Malik Taylor, etc. deserved more focus. What exactly makes everyone so sure that those guys should have been targeted more?! I just don't understand the logic of: "The offense failed because Rodgers didn't continue to trust receivers that have never proven reliable or good and instead kept trusting one of the best 5 receivers in the entire NFL!"

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MLF said they didn't use jet sweep actions because Tampa defended it very well and he thought it would have been pointless to put much into it gameplanning for this game.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud

Aaron Rodgers. He panicked after the pick six and went into a fetal position for the rest of the game. Really embarrassing performance. Rodgers showed no grit or compete.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MLF = dud

Team was not prepared. The game plan was a joke.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you on the first INT but not the second. If memory serves the ball bounced off our receiver.

Now that I've had time to digest this nightmare I can't think of many teams that come back emotionally from 2 INTs like that. Any time you turn it over like that, especially on the road, you're in trouble big time. Let's hope they can pick up the pieces and play better in Houston next week.

The first pick was all Aaron. It was the Favre 2007 NFC Championship route and throw, coverage and a worse result. The not being able to complete a pass for just about a quarter is all Aaron. Adams getting hit in the hands on the 2nd one, is on Adams, but Rodgers had a bad enough 2 and a half quarters from that first pick onward that he gets most of the blame for the loss!

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would've been ok with an 82-6 loss if Brady had been 75-75 700 yards and 10 TDs and just gone off after what happened with him causing them to lose to the Bears. But when it's Rodgers starting the snowball down the hill that just ****** me off especially when the closest he'll ever come to admitting 'this loss is on me' is saying 'some players in this locker room need to...'. Seriously you play like sh** under or just barely over 50% completion percentage which he has done multiple times over the last few seasons and 'some players in this locker room need to'. No Diva YOU NEED TO...

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offense did him no favors but Mike Pettine was an absolute dud yesterday. The defensive gameplan just flat out sucked. You have the most immobile QB in football and not only do you not scheme anything to pressure him, you don't even try to force him out of the pocket.

The most alarming play was that 3rd and goal from the 8, dropping 8 into coverage. Tom Brady has been around way too long to do that, you give him that much time and he is going to find a hole in the zone.

I am not saying we need to play cover 0 every play, but my goodness, you have a good secondary, trust them. Let your secondary cover and your pass rushers do what they do and stop scheming guys into roles that set them up for failure.

I wonder if we have the horses to run that 1 DL scheme Capers ran in the run up to Superbowl 45?

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was a bad game all around. I can’t stand Russell Wilson...but the one thing I’ve never seen him do is sit on the sidelines and sulk after a bad play...he’s right there clapping and trying to pump up his team. My biggest knock on Rodgers is sometimes he does that crap where he sits there and looks disinterested and has no energy. Literally the entire team followed his lead smh. Hopefully he’s pissed off, embarrassed, and we never see that version of him again. He looked like Jay Cutler

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Kris Barnes - played well in what was a painful game to watch.

Duds:

David Bakhtiari - Jason Pierre Paul ate his lunch, beating him inside and outside repeatedly. One of the worst performances he has had in a long time.
Bakhtiari played fine against JPP. When he got hurt, then our back up got destroyed, I agree with the rest, just a poor performance by the Packers.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers was bad this game, but the constant complaint of staring down Adams is just silly. Rodgers targeted Adams 10 times, which is a lot when he only threw 35 passes, but I want people to provide actual evidence that MVS, ESB, Shepherd, Malik Taylor, etc. deserved more focus. What exactly makes everyone so sure that those guys should have been targeted more?! I just don't understand the logic of: "The offense failed because Rodgers didn't continue to trust receivers that have never proven reliable or good and instead kept trusting one of the best 5 receivers in the entire NFL!"
I wish I had the still photo of the pick 6...wide open packer rcvr in the middle of the field...