Duds tampa

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anyone else notice a bit of home cooking Tampa got? That second int, they were off sides, so that should've offset. Plus there were so many roughing the QBs particularly with Suh.

They aren't the reason why we lost today, but still.

As bad as the lost was, I don't think Tampa beat us, but rather it was more we beat ourselves and Tampa capitalized. I'd feel good if we played the guys in a rematch, but I'd rather it be in Lambeau and not in that humid weather in Tampa.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Having watched a replay on that Pick 6. Rodgers really REALLY stared down Adams on that one hard. He usually doesnt make it dead oblivious he is targeting anyone.

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers got absolutely destroyed today.

It seemed Rodgers lost confidence after the 2nd pick. I get he wasn't getting protection, but he just seemed resigned to losing and played scared after that.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Kris Barnes - played well in what was a painful game to watch.

Jaire Alexander - only a mini, got beat on a double move in the 2nd half, but played pretty well covering Evans.

Duds:

David Bakhtiari - Jason Pierre Paul ate his lunch, beating him inside and outside repeatedly. One of the worst performances he has had in a long time.

Corey Linsley - not effective on the double teams at all in protection.

Aaron Rodgers - no sugar coating it, he played very poorly under pressure. Not using the entire offense and not recognizing mismatches. Snapped the ball at the end of every play clock every single time. This was a game that his accuracy deep was seriously in question. Had the ability to change outside running and passing plays as every scouting report showed the inside out tendencies of Tampa defense, yet did not audible out or adjust. The pick 6 was a rookie mistake, but he is human.

MLF - the game plan he called fed right into Tampa's defensive strengths. He gets a huge portion of the blame - the game plan we have seen before, Adams heavy. The offensive creativity did not exist in this game, period. Not enough focus between the tackles running the football, and Tampa predictably sat on short and intermediate routes outside. No slants and 4 wide alignments.

Jamaal Williams - missed pass pro over and over in this game. Whiff Whiff Whiff...coming into this game he had been awesome, this game he lacked focus.

Pettine - rushing 3 against Brady is a disaster, appeared to not understand how to defend a statue in the pocket. I think his days are numbered, I really do. He had 2 weeks to prepare for this and his calls were shortsighted and at most times, flat out conservative and played to the strengths of running between the tackles which they did the whole game.

Josh Jackson - I have seen enough. I know he was the next man up, but he has been w this team long enough, and did not attempt to play the ball at all. His tackling was good, he might be better used as a blitzer.

All in all, this was a total debacle. The coaching calls are what decided this game, period. All teams have bad games, but this was a heaping pile of nothing. Rodgers needs to recognize quickly that the offensive calls are not effective and either call a time out or change the play. This game did not resemble what this team is capable of at all, and that is too bad. Hopefully this team can grow from this and evolve further. I hope it doesn't take all the wind out of their sails and they bounce back. We shall see.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The pattern that I see, is that the Packers under Matt LeFluer do well most games, but have real clunkers several times per season. Last year it was the Chargers and 49ers games. This year it was Tampa (so far). Sometimes the other team is just better at all phases and levels. After watching one of the plays where a Brady pass bounced straight up and we still could dive in for the INT, I turned to Mrs. El Guapo and said this is one of those games where the ball bounces straight to the opponent and never to you.

There is much to learn, but at the same time, we are still good. Move on and improve.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud: Aaron Rodgers, as the general goes, so go the team. He went almost a full quarter without a completion...the O-Line decided F**K IT if he don't have to complete passes I don't have to block.

Also before you waist your keystrokes...yes once the Defense got tired they gave up chunk plays and points...but Aaron directly caused 14 points BY HIMSELF...the D only really gave up 24...just like in the NFC Championship...if Aaron's not in maybe we win.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I know he is just coming back from an injury, but did Kenny Clark take the money and run? I barely knew he was playing today, yet when I would looked, yup there he was, getting pushed backwards.

Todd Bowles was the Stud of the game. In direct contrast, Pettine needs to be shown the door after this season if that is all he can game plan against a 43 year old QB that can't move. Seriously, he has some tools at his disposals and its like he wants to play back and play safe.

Ndamukong Suh...just wanted to say "F*ck you!" Was so glad when he left the Lions and we didn't have to see him twice a year, but this game confirmed how much I hate the POS.

If nothing else this game might have at least put the Packers, the media and some fans feet back on the ground after declaring this to be a great offense. Still lots of work to do and I am afraid, short the weapons to do it against the better defenses.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anyone else notice a bit of home cooking Tampa got? That second int, they were off sides, so that should've offset. Plus there were so many roughing the QBs particularly with Suh.

They aren't the reason why we lost today, but still.

As bad as the lost was, I don't think Tampa beat us, but rather it was more we beat ourselves and Tampa capitalized. I'd feel good if we played the guys in a rematch, but I'd rather it be in Lambeau and not in that humid weather in Tampa.

It wasn't that humid down here on Sunday and it won't be if we have to play them again in January.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud: Aaron Rodgers, as the general goes, so go the team. He went almost a full quarter without a completion...the O-Line decided F**K IT if he don't have to complete passes I don't have to block.

Also before you waist your keystrokes...yes once the Defense got tired they gave up chunk plays and points...but Aaron directly caused 14 points BY HIMSELF...the D only really gave up 24...just like in the NFC Championship...if Aaron's not in maybe we win.

I agree with you on the first INT but not the second. If memory serves the ball bounced off our receiver.

Now that I've had time to digest this nightmare I can't think of many teams that come back emotionally from 2 INTs like that. Any time you turn it over like that, especially on the road, you're in trouble big time. Let's hope they can pick up the pieces and play better in Houston next week.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know he is just coming back from an injury, but did Kenny Clark take the money and run? I barely knew he was playing today, yet when I would looked, yup there he was, getting pushed backwards.

Todd Bowles was the Stud of the game. In direct contrast, Pettine needs to be shown the door after this season if that is all he can game plan against a 43 year old QB that can't move. Seriously, he has some tools at his disposals and its like he wants to play back and play safe.

Ndamukong Suh...just wanted to say "F*ck you!" Was so glad when he left the Lions and we didn't have to see him twice a year, but this game confirmed how much I hate the POS.

If nothing else this game might have at least put the Packers, the media and some fans feet back on the ground after declaring this to be a great offense. Still lots of work to do and I am afraid, short the weapons to do it against the better defenses.

I was with you until your last 2 sentences. We have the weapons but if you're getting beat up front you're gonna lose.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those picks were terrible although the second wasn’t really his fault, as was the huge miss to marcedes Lewis. If he completes that pass to Lewis, maybe the outcome of the game is different. Anyway, Rodgers was a definite dud tonight. I wonder if the “Brady matchup” got to him a bit

GARYELL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: every GB fan who was able to stomach through the entire game
Well that wouldn't be me , I gave up the same time Rodgers and Brady did - 12.25 on a Monday morning here - so I gave it my best shot ( unlike last night's team) . Why can't they remember how good they are after they have a bye week ????

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gonna limit myself to 3 each

STUDS:

Krys Barnes - I am not going to christen him the answer, but dangit the dude keeps exceeding way beyond even what I liked in draft predictions and post draft UDFA targeting thoughts. Talk about seizing a moment!

Jaire Alexander - Some of you folks are blinded by the overall TERRIBLE game to not see the ridiculous game Jaire had. To hold Evans to basically nothing, period - is insane.

Mantravius Adams - I fully expected to NEVER write his name again, but dangit if he didn't have some great plays out there. Pressured better than perhaps he ever has. Twilight zone or reality...we'll see.

DUDS:

MLF - Team looked poorly prepared all around...but I'm sorry when Ervin goes down it should NOT make the look of our playcalling go through a massive change. Time we teach Shepherd to do the motioning and Ervin's role. YIKES...

Rodgers - Others played bad, but we cannot throw the praises at him only....there were plays where every WR/TE/RB might as well have sat down or just blocked for the QB and not ran a route. It was Jay Cutler style tunnel vision to Adams at times. That missed throw to Big Dawg down the seam was kinda the epitome of him being off for me.

Pettine - I'm beginning to grow weary of his calling and/or lack of changes in calling as the game progresses.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Tampa Bay just Mauled the Packers on both sides of the ball, making adjustments sounding old when you don’t have the talent out there to compete
It wasn’t that way until the int’s. It’s an entirely different ball game if Rodgers doesn’t try to force that first int into Adams. Tampa has a good defense no doubt (those LB’s are terrific). We were moving the ball and chains though it wasn’t easy. We saw almost the exact same scenario play out against San Fran last year.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It wasn’t that way until the int’s. It’s an entirely different ball game if Rodgers doesn’t try to force that first int into Adams. Tampa has a good defense no doubt (those LB’s are terrific). We were moving the ball and chains though it wasn’t easy. We saw almost the exact same scenario play out against San Fran last year.

It did have shades of that game for sure...and the autrocious San Diego outing I swore I'd never speak of again.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Tampa adjusted on Def

And momentum took over.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well that was just plain horrible to watch, a decent looking first Q turned to :poop: very early in the second. the pick 6 was def on AR, he was just looking at DA all the way there. to me the D only gave up 24 points, which isn't too bad in my eyes, especially only 10 in the second half.

two years in a row though, we;ve had poor planning after the bye week, this is down to coaching in my eyes, and is on ALL the coaching staff.

will be looking for a big response next week against houston

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ouch, well we're still a good team, we just laid a major stinker this week. I think we're good enough to beat any team in the league but have to think we're behind Pittsburgh, Baltimore, KC, Seattle, Tennessee, etc. after this one. Top 10 team in the league is not a bad place to be though. But yeah... ouch.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MLF - Team looked poorly prepared all around...but I'm sorry when Ervin goes down it should NOT make the look of our playcalling go through a massive change. Time we teach Shepherd to do the motioning and Ervin's role. YIKES...

Random though...

Williams seemed to be running the ball better than Jones this week. It sure looked like the Bucs were keying ******* Jones. Which makes sense to me.

If you're in that situation, why didn't they make Jones the motion man? He's got the wheels take a jet sweep and he runs a pretty good wheel route.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Random though...

Williams seemed to be running the ball better than Jones this week. It sure looked like the Bucs were keying ******* Jones. Which makes sense to me.

If you're in that situation, why didn't they make Jones the motion man? He's got the wheels take a jet sweep and he runs a pretty good wheel route.

We clearly don't have anyone as the planned back up to Ervin's role. No excuse for that IMO. I don't care if it is Lewis LOL, you need to have someone ready to hop up when the bell rings for the 2nd person.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
We clearly don't have anyone as the planned back up to Ervin's role. No excuse for that IMO. I don't care if it is Lewis LOL, you need to have someone ready to hop up when the bell rings for the 2nd person.

The excuse might be....that guy isn't on the roster.

I think you are making the assumption that the Packers actually have a guy like Ervin on the current roster, that can jump right in and do what he does? I am guessing that would be a "No". They didn't seem to have that guy before Ervin was acquired, so it doesn't surprise me that they don't now. Closest thing to Ervin that the Packers have had, in my mind was Ty Montgomery. As much as we all tend to want to think that you can plug and play anyone in a spot, there can be a very large talent gap between players. If you need evidence of that, watch Ricky Wagner at LT or EQ at WR yesterday.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The excuse might be....that guy isn't on the roster.

I think you are making the assumption that the Packers actually have a guy like Ervin on the current roster, that can jump right in and do what he does? I am guessing that would be a "No". They didn't seem to have that guy before Ervin was acquired, so it doesn't surprise me that they don't now. Closest thing to Ervin that the Packers have had, in my mind was Ty Montgomery. As much as we all tend to want to think that you can plug and play anyone in a spot, there can be a very large talent gap between players. If you need evidence of that, watch Ricky Wagner at LT or EQ at WR yesterday.

I'm not asking us to have a guy that is Ervin, I'm asking we actually have a back up for that position's use. It is apparent not a soul has been trained for this...that is a failure to me. Shepherd, MVS, Williams I don't care but we gotta have someone ready.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
My first takeaway from this game is that LaFleur's system is of critical importance to this team. When they are within the scheme, they can move the ball and score points. When they have to move out of the offense as it's designed to operate, their personnel weaknesses are exposed.

That said, I did not care for LaFleur's game plan in the ground game. He was calling a lot of runs off tackle, which played to the strength of Tampa's fast linebackers. They had some luck in the A gaps, running right at them. I wish that he would have stuck with that a little bit more.

Secondly, I would give Rodgers a dud for his performance yesterday. The pick 6 was on him, and he overthrew MVS at least a couple times when he had vertical separation. I know that the narrative will circle around the wide receivers, and absolutely they could be better, but there were chances to get back in this game and Rodgers missed them.

This game was playing right into Green Bay's hands until the turnovers. The offense was up 10 points and had the ball. The defense had produced two stops in two tries. Then the offense gifted the Bucs two touchdowns and proceeded to punt for the rest of the game. The defense certainly gave up some drives/plays, but 24 points, on the road, to that unit, when your offense is doing absolutely nothing... I don't know what we would expect.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offense did him no favors but Mike Pettine was an absolute dud yesterday. The defensive gameplan just flat out sucked. You have the most immobile QB in football and not only do you not scheme anything to pressure him, you don't even try to force him out of the pocket.

The most alarming play was that 3rd and goal from the 8, dropping 8 into coverage. Tom Brady has been around way too long to do that, you give him that much time and he is going to find a hole in the zone.

I am not saying we need to play cover 0 every play, but my goodness, you have a good secondary, trust them. Let your secondary cover and your pass rushers do what they do and stop scheming guys into roles that set them up for failure.

Latest posts