Card game....studs n duds

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quarterback. Poor anticipation, timing from AR. Carson Palmer is a far better QB this season. I also thought it a less than classy move by Mathews faking the hand in helping up Palmer after he sacked him. Ulitimute responsibility belongs to Packer management; or lack thereof.
Palmer has Fitzgerald, Floyd, Brown, and a competent running game. Let's not even pretend all things are equal for those two QBs.

4Ever4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You didn't ask that all...

Anyway, they could have MN wildcard round who they have beaten already so that shows they can win a playoff game.

Regarding beating Arizona, I'll admit the Packers haven't shown much recently to say they can win. The 6-0 start and Vikings game do show the Packers have it in them somewhere.

With plenty of recent teams going on playoff runs without showing much though, I don't see why the Packers can't do the same. Don't turn it over 4 times, and Arizona is beatable.

Sorry man, but that 6-0 start was smoke and mirrors. Go back and watch, some of those wins were based solely on penalty yardage scores (specifically PI calls). Our offense is putrid. We will be lucky to beat the Redskins.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Eh ? For as much as Rodgers tried, he wasn't without fault, just like The rest of The (mostly) offense ... And I dont agree that Rodgers has taken a "Favresque" mentality - quite the contrary ... He doesnt use (or sees?) his check downs as much, nor use short slant routes to get rid of the Ball faster, when he knows he wont get much time.

Its not All on him, but he is part of The "duds" in this game ...

Premontre1969

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Palmer has Fitzgerald, Floyd, Brown, and a competent running game. Let's not even pretend all things are equal for those two QBs.
No question that Cards have a better receiving corp. But that doesn't excuse the pitiful overall performance by the 100 million dollar man. Our receivers were often open. Can't just keep putting it all on them. He needs to do what he is obviously capable of doing - getting the ball out quicker and with much better anticipation.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No question that Cards have a better receiving corp. But that doesn't excuse the pitiful overall performance by the 100 million dollar man. Our receivers were often open. Can't just keep putting it all on them. He needs to do what he is obviously capable of doing - getting the ball out quicker and with much better anticipation.

The problem with that is the pass rush was there so quickly there was no time see open recievers. In addition many plays there was no open recievers.

4Ever4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is now officially mentally damaged. He can't get past his first read without looking to move out of the pocket and I don't blame him one bit. He took some shots today. Receivers may be open at some point but Rodgers is not going to see them while he is twirling around in the backfield trying to avoid being killed. It is basically either he hits a receiver in the first second after his drop back or he hits them on a broken play.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You didn't ask that all...

Anyway, they could have MN wildcard round who they have beaten already so that shows they can win a playoff game.

Regarding beating Arizona, I'll admit the Packers haven't shown much recently to say they can win. The 6-0 start and Vikings game do show the Packers have it in them somewhere.

With plenty of recent teams going on playoff runs without showing much though, I don't see why the Packers can't do the same. Don't turn it over 4 times, and Arizona is beatable.

I'd love to be wrong, but I don't see a playoff run in this team's future. One and done or win one game at most. Yes, the 2010 team went on a run and they were only 10-6 but that team just couldn't seem to put it all together to win close games until the playoffs. I don't think there was much doubt about the offense's or defense's talent, or that some potential was there, at least there wasn't to me. The 2015 team, although it has lost a number of close games, has been completely dominated at times, something that never happened in 2010. The defense is decent, although not spectacular, and the offense is mediocre. The offense has been more or less the same since week 4. If it wasn't for the 6-0 start (before teams recognized our WR's are awful, save Jones, and that we can't throw it deep), this team would finish 8-8. Many of those early games were really won by Rodgers drawing defenses offsides and forcing penalties.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is now officially mentally damaged. He can't get past his first read without looking to move out of the pocket and I don't blame him one bit. He took some shots today. Receivers may be open at some point but Rodgers is not going to see them while he is twirling around in the backfield trying to avoid being killed. It is basically either he hits a receiver in the first second after his drop back or he hits them on a broken play.
I'm not sure he mentally damaged. That usually has a rushing play and making bad chooses. I'm not seeing that.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On another note (a more optimistic one), too, this could be a good loss for us. Maybe some players and coaches who were content with our ugly wins will have a fire lit under them. Hopefully this is an embarrassing loss that turns the season around.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On another note (a more optimistic one), too, this could be a good loss for us. Maybe some players and coaches who were content with our ugly wins will have a fire lit under them. Hopefully this is an embarrassing loss that turns the season around.

Wait, this same thing was suppose to happen after we lost at home to the lowly Bears. I'm not drinking the kool aid....you shouldn't either. This game just exposed us even more and don't be shocked to get bounced early in the playoffs. That did not look like a good team in AZ today at all. Hard to imagine them doing anything in the playoffs.

4Ever4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure he mentally damaged. That usually has a rushing play and making bad chooses. I'm not seeing that.

I don't know man, he has made some poor passes lately, including the INT today and the one last week. He is off and it is because he is rushing. He doesn't go through his progressions, he looks at his first option and then immediately looks for the oncoming rush, wether it is there or not. He has some mind issues right now from being drilled so much and this game certainly doesn't help.

4Ever4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait, this same thing was suppose to happen after we lost at home to the lowly Bears. I'm not drinking the kool aid....you shouldn't either. This game just exposed us even more and don't be shocked to get bounced early in the playoffs. That did not look like a good team in AZ today at all. Hard to imagine them doing anything in the playoffs.

Exactly, yet McCarthy can't understand why people are questioning this "10 win team". He will never get it.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, we should all listen to you instead of former players who have played the position and say his protection and receivers are mediocre. And sure, you can look at an open receiver in slow motion, but you probably don't see a safety or CB nearby in real time while he is alluding pressure like he does. And you probably don't realize that he was expecting receivers to be in a different spot than they ultimately ended up going to, making it appear as if he made an ill-advised throw.

QB is the toughest position in any sport to be great at. Everyone else on offense has a relatively simple job. You would probably notice Palmer didn't recognize several wide open WRs or missed them as well. But he has a supporting cast that is good enough to do their job more often than not and make his easier, as opposed to Rodgers who will have a receiver with separation as well as protection one out of every 10 plays.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about comparing AR to AR? He's the reason many have been able to question TT and MM - with a superhuman QB, anybody can win regularly. Yes, Jordy's gone, the OLine is beat up, but is that enough for the best QB in the game to look like he has recently?

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about comparing AR to AR? He's the reason many have been able to question TT and MM - with a superhuman QB, anybody can win regularly. Yes, Jordy's gone, the OLine is beat up, but is that enough for the best QB in the game to look like he has recently?
Yes.

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quarterback. Poor anticipation, timing from AR. Carson Palmer is a far better QB this season. I also thought it a less than classy move by Mathews faking the hand in helping up Palmer after he sacked him. Ulitimute responsibility belongs to Packer management; or lack thereof.

If Rodgers plays behind Palmer's line throwing to his receivers he throws 45 TDs and 3 interceptions. Put Palmer behind our OL throwing to our receivers this year and he's lucky to have 3000 yards 15 TDS and less than 20 interceptions.

Any notion that Palmer is "a far better QB" is just moronic. He's having a better season because football is a TEAM sport and Aaron's offense needs an OL and WR overhaul.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know man, he has made some poor passes lately, including the INT today and the one last week. He is off and it is because he is rushing. He doesn't go through his progressions, he looks at his first option and then immediately looks for the oncoming rush, wether it is there or not. He has some mind issues right now from being drilled so much and this game certainly doesn't help.
I have to disagree I see no receivers getting separation and little time.

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What could he have possibly done differently today in the passing game? If nobody will block for you, I don't care who you are. You're going to look awful.

4Ever4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What could he have possibly done differently today in the passing game? If nobody will block for you, I don't care who you are. You're going to look awful.

I can agree with this. Rodgers is certainly not without fault, but the OL was extra bad today. Play calling and general offensive scheming were equally as poor.

It has been said but when teams can rush and consistently get home with 4/5 and when you can play man without any safety help, it will be a long day no matter who the QB is.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers plays behind Palmer's line throwing to his receivers he throws 45 TDs and 3 interceptions. Put Palmer behind our OL throwing to our receivers this year and he's lucky to have 3000 yards 15 TDS and less than 20 interceptions.

Any notion that Palmer is "a far better QB" is just moronic. He's having a better season because football is a TEAM sport and Aaron's offense needs an OL and WR overhaul.

While I agree with this, Aaron hasn't been at his best either.

The offense in general is just pretty difficult to watch lately.