Card game....studs n duds

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Lacy and James Jones were not awful, the rest of our offense should be running sprints like high school after yesterday's **** poor performance. How embarrassing was that?
I really cannot say much about the defense, because they were hardly on the field. They eventually gave up, because you can work your *** off for 60 minutes and it will not matter when your offense is giving up more points than you.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as his post game comments, he's between a rock and hard place. He can't say what's actually going on without looking like he's selling out his team, so he placates by giving the answers he does.

As far as the rest, I agree CAR is overrated, but they are leaps and bounds better than GB...GB beat SEA earlier in the season, but since then, GB's level of play has gone straight down the toilet, while Seattle's has soured...SEA would kill GB even in GB now, and Washington is also peaking at the right time, I don't think GB wants any part of them right now, and we just saw what ARZ is...no way GB is beating them anytime soon...GB has MIN's # and I think GB will beat them no matter where they play, but after that, they're done...

Really? I don't agree with that at all... GB defense has played russel tough the last two games. And our defense is better now as well. Seattle isn't the unstoppable force people thought. They just lost to the Rams... Who the Packers also beat. You can argue it's close. But I landslide is a bit reaching if you ask me.

Carolina isn't as good as you give them credit for... Same deficiencies on offense... With an even lower floor than the Packers. Just a better defense.

Washington isn't even a worry to me... It's Kurt cousins. And if we lose we lose. But they are not a noticeably better team.

Minnesota we already know how that went... So win or lose it is possible for GB to beat them.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? I don't agree with that at all... GB defense has played russel tough the last two games. And our defense is better now as well. Seattle isn't the unstoppable force people thought. They just lost to the Rams... Who the Packers also beat. You can argue it's close. But I landslide is a bit reaching if you ask me.

Carolina isn't as good as you give them credit for... Same deficiencies on offense... With an even lower floor than the Packers. Just a better defense.

Washington isn't even a worry to me... It's Kurt cousins. And if we lose we lose. But they are not a noticeably better team.

Minnesota we already know how that went... So win or lose it is possible for GB to beat them.

You seem to be overlooking one major thing (maybe purposely)...GB has no offense...they're defense can play like the 2000 Ravens, but you still can't win if you have no offense...the teams they will be going up against in the post season, all of them, are going to score, and if GB can't keep up, they can't win...

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You seem to be overlooking one major thing (maybe purposely)...GB has no offense...they're defense can play like the 2000 Ravens, but you still can't win if you have no offense...the teams they will be going up against in the post season, all of them, are going to score, and if GB can't keep up, they can't win...

I don't know... I remember two jets teams with Sanchez at qb going to the AFC title game... I'll still give the nod to Rodgers over Sanchez.

Yes they played like garbage yesterday... No doubt. Can't beat anyone that way, and im sure they are thoroughly aware of this fact.

But this is still a team lead by Rodgers, there is a chance... I see it a little different than you.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are 3 and 3 against teams with winning records this season, and Minnesota is the only win against a winning team since week 3. Our defense has been exploited by teams with good quarterbacks, like Newton, Rivers, and Palmer; even an armless Manning thrived against our "bend not break" defense. I'd say our only hope is for us to beat another mediocre team who also happens to be in the playoffs. Like the Vikings. I agree that Rodgers gives us a chance, but not much of one. This is simply not a good team right now. I'd be surprised if the front office isn't concerned.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you honestly think it was our defense being "exposed" yesterday that made that game so ugly? They played well enough to win again, and again our offense did worse than nothing

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you honestly think it was our defense being "exposed" yesterday that made that game so ugly? They played well enough to win again, and again our offense did worse than nothing

Defense played well, take the 14 points our offense spotted them for fun... They scored 24, which is well below their season average.

No real secret, you will have to be able to put up 30ish to beat Arizona.

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any list of duds (and it's a long one) has to start with Mike McCarthy.

He comes out and rails at the press (and perhaps the general public?) for his perception of "negativity". Yes, we understand that it's hard to win in the NFL but how long can you expect us to accept winning games based on Hail Mary's, too many men on the field freebies, making the defense jump off-sides penalties and defensive pass interference penalties? Do any of these things even remotely constitute "a game plan"? Mike McCarthy comes across as a "big fat tub" wearing his green Packers hat and sweatshirt like the Discount Double Check guy on TV.

I got me this NFL Sunday Ticket thing on satellite TV. I get to watch a lot of football games. I've yet to see another team as sloppy, listless and lifeless as the Green Bay Packers. I fully expect Aaron Rodgers to say "screw this" and go lay on the beach somewhere with Olivia Munn. I know I certainly would.

There again we lived through a 4-12 season with Brett Favre at the helm. I guess we'll get through this. Sometimes I think the Packers might be better served by a private owner who rolls a few heads rather than endlessly accepting the status quo.

Rant over.

ShockwaveRider
Green Bay Packer fan est. 1959

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He comes out and rails at the press (and perhaps the general public?) for his perception of "negativity". Yes, we understand that it's hard to win in the NFL but how long can you expect us to accept winning games based on Hail Mary's, too many men on the field freebies, making the defense jump off-sides penalties and defensive pass interference penalties? Do any of these things even remotely constitute "a game plan"? Mike McCarthy comes across as a "big fat tub" wearing his green Packers hat and sweatshirt like the Discount Double Check guy on TV.

I got me this NFL Sunday Ticket thing on satellite TV. I get to watch a lot of football games. I've yet to see another team as sloppy, listless and lifeless as the Green Bay Packers. I fully expect Aaron Rodgers to say "screw this" and go lay on the beach somewhere with Olivia Munn. I know I certainly would.

There again we lived through a 4-12 season with Brett Favre at the helm. I guess we'll get through this. Sometimes I think the Packers might be better served by a private owner who rolls a few heads rather than endlessly accepting the status quo.

Rant over.

ShockwaveRider
Well said. McCarthy has done a terrible job game planning against good defenses. We are getting out-coached as much as anything, as the other teams are able to neutralize the running attack without missing a beat in pass coverage.

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read through all these threads with the homers saying "you're all over-reacting" to the horrendous loss yesterday at Arizona. Then they question our loyalty and call us "bandwagon-jumpers".

Well you know SOME of us actually SAW the Lombardi Packers and the horrible 70s and 80s Packers and then reveled in the 90s and 00s Packers where it always SEEMED like there was always a CHANCE to win. Did it seem like the Packers had a chance yesterday at Arizona?

What is it going to TAKE to get this franchise BACK ON COURSE?!?!?

OK, NOW I think my rant is over.

Off to take a tranquilizer.

Shockwave

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or much worse than Chicago and Detroit, who we lost to at home.

And beat at their house... I don't think you need to remind people the Packers lost some games this years. Everyone has.

Seattle got swept by a team we dominated and we also beat them head to head

Washington got beat by Carolina 44-16

Minnesota already lost to us once

Carolina lost to a team they just beat 38-0 and are over-rated.

That leaves Arizona... They are good, and it will take a hell of a game from anyone to beat them. But they aren't unbeatable. I wouldn't be that surprised if Seattle does it this week.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know... I remember two jets teams with Sanchez at qb going to the AFC title game... I'll still give the nod to Rodgers over Sanchez.

Yes they played like garbage yesterday... No doubt. Can't beat anyone that way, and im sure they are thoroughly aware of this fact.

But this is still a team lead by Rodgers, there is a chance... I see it a little different than you.

You do, and I don't know why. I'm sure the Packers are well aware of the fact they can't win playing like they did yesterday, but what can they do about it? They've been playing poorly now for at least the last half of the season, and I'm sure they're aware of it, and yet they continue to play poorly. They don't know what to do to turn it around, and that's painfully obvious...I don't know why you can't see that...

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And beat at their house... I don't think you need to remind people the Packers lost some games this years. Everyone has.

Seattle got swept by a team we dominated and we also beat them head to head

Washington got beat by Carolina 44-16

Minnesota already lost to us once

Carolina lost to a team they just beat 38-0 and are over-rated.

That leaves Arizona... They are good, and it will take a hell of a game from anyone to beat them. But they aren't unbeatable. I wouldn't be that surprised if Seattle does it this week.

You can't justify the Packers' chances against upcoming opponents by citing that those teams were beaten by other teams...it just doesn't work that way...for example, if you think the Packers will beat SEA just because they lost to the Rams you are looking at this through Packers colored glasses...the Eagles beat the Pats too, but that doesn't make the Eagles the best team in football...

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can't justify the Packers' chances against upcoming opponents by citing that those teams were beaten by other teams...it just doesn't work that way...for example, if you think the Packers will beat SEA just because they lost to the Rams you are looking at this through Packers colored glasses...the Eagles beat the Pats too, but that doesn't make the Eagles the best team in football...

Why would I need to do that?

We beat Seattle already this year... Isn't that proof enough it can be done?

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you think both teams are playing at the same level now as they were then?

Give or Take.... Seattle lost just the same as they did earlier in the season to the Rams. Only this time it was in their house. They haven't "improved" that much.

The Packers offense has been off... But they did put up 27 or more in 4 of the last 6. Considering the weather in two of them. I would say give or take some linemen coming back. Sure close.

Reaction score
Yep- and most opposing defenses are parking two safeties deep cause our run game is mediocre and we can't/don't attach the middle of the field with the pass. The big plays aren't there for a reason. We must improve at TE. Having Montgomery back next year will be a boost too.

Who still thinks signing Cobb at $10M/season was a great deal? -He's a nifty weapon when there's depth and talent at WR but all his shortcomings are glaring this year.

The o-line has been abysmal this year but I'm disappointed by the staff's lack of flexibility under the circumstances. Retool the playbook so Rodgers isn't holding the ball so damn long. Fewer five-step drops; more quick passes. Stay on schedule because this offense is extremely vulnerable in third and long.
THANK YOU!!
It's imperative to do this early and often. as much as some people don't wanna hear it, Favre to Driver was almost unstoppable for 5-7 yard slants. We used very successfully early n often. Then we gradually went deeper passes after 3-4 minutes into a drive once their D settled down.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Give or Take.... Seattle lost just the same as they did earlier in the season to the Rams. Only this time it was in their house. They haven't "improved" that much.

The Packers offense has been off... But they did put up 27 or more in 4 of the last 6. Considering the weather in two of them. I would say give or take some linemen coming back. Sure close.

Jeff Fischer knows how to beat SEA...take away the Rams game, and SEA has been the best team in all the NFL over the last 4 weeks...the Packers have not been the best team in the league at any point this season...if GB has to play SEA anywhere in the post season, they're done...

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe other games this may be the case but not yesterday. Rodgers barely had time to look at his second option let alone decide what to do when the line collapsed (which seemed like that happened on every single drop back).

The knock on AR is not that he doesn't know what to do. He is a great scrambler and makes plays out of nothing so it is crazy you think he doesn't know what to do. As a matter of fact, his biggest fault is just the opposite of what your saying. He knows exactly what he doesn't want to do, which is throw a pick. That is why he takes sacks and that is why he doesn't force throws (sometimes this is a problem). It is a know fact that not turning the ball over is a big deal to him.

And how did that work out yesterday? He fumbled twice yesterday on sacks and threw a pick 6 on another play where he held the ball too long. I understand that he'd rather take a sack than throw an interception. But at times it seems as though he would also rather take a sack than throw away an incomplete pass out of bounds. Sacks aren't a good option anyway. They're drive killers and about 1 out of 6 sacks in the NFL result in a fumble. He was lucky enough to recover one of his two yesterday. He has to learn when to throw the ball away but I don't think he ever will.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Rant over.

ShockwaveRider

Some of this post has merit in my eyes. My best friend in the 70's taught me how to love the Packers even when they were playing poorly. There is a theme song for a famous team in another sport that says; "In good times or in bad times we will stand together." The Packer fans could learn something from this.

That always stuck with me. But, a private owner? No, no and a thousand times no. Part of the greatness that is the Green Bay Packers is the fact that it doesn't have a "Jerry Jones" or "Dan Snyder" at the helm. I really like the idea of a team owned by a group rather than an indvidual.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The question I have for you is... Who is better. Who would you replace us with in the NFC considering going into this week we have beat 2 of the other 5 playoffs teams (Minnesota and Seattle), lost to 1 (Arizona), and haven't yet played the other. But realistically could easily win that game against Washington.

The next best are Eagles, Lions, Falcons, and Rams... Are any of those really better than the Packers? Or are you just disappointed how badly we lost yesterday?

I wouldn't be so over confident in the fact that we'd beat Minnesota or Washington in the playoffs . Especially not now. This team isn't very good on tape.

Members online

Latest posts