Card game....studs n duds

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can agree with this. Rodgers is certainly not without fault, but the OL was extra bad today. Play calling and general offensive scheming were equally as poor.

Rodgers' biggest fault is the same as it always has been. He has no idea what to do when a play falls apart, so he takes sack after sack. I think he's slow to recognize when a play has failed and hopes for his receivers to improvise and get open. They're not doing that at all this year.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, this has been the problem all year, but you'd surely think something could be done to get the short passing game working some way or another, and Rodgers really seems to be wanting to take a bunch more shots down the field this year than he was doing last year or the year before.

I think part of it may be he feels he oughtta take the whole team on his shoulders to try and get something going, and perhaps some of the mistakes or drops by some players have caused it. I guess I'm feeling that way because I had always felt since MM took over and ran this team that this was a "trust your players to make plays" offense, and never a QB do all offense. Perhaps some of the failures of the receivers to separate and do this have changed this, but seems like Rodgers has veered away from taking what the defense gives him and has attempted too many homerun shots than necessary.

that play calling not the qb in most cases.

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup the Oline also a big part of our lack of running game. Injuries on defense has not helped either.
Neither has our fat RB. I'm telling you, if Eddie doesn't get his weight in check and keep it that way next year, I say let him go in free agency.

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Barclay is on this roster next year, we are in trouble. I don't care if he is a backup, because he's not good enough to be on the field and be productive at any time.
He's been a serviceable backup at RT, but he has no business at LT.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Cobb and Adams just suck? I'd hate to think that we are wasting 2nd round picks and in the case of Cobb, 8 figures a year, on receivers who can't separate.

Cobb is a talented gimmick player, but mediocre as a primary receiving threat. We're also overpaying him by 3-4 million per year.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's been a serviceable backup at RT, but he has no business at LT.
He was barely serviceable 2 years ago at back up RT, he has sucked at every opportunity this year. From TC, preseason and lots of opportunity into the season he consistently gets beaten so badly i'm afraid every time he is on the field. I don't think he has any position on the field other than MAYBE back up guard. I was never high on the guy to begin with and this year hasn't given me any reason to change my mind.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've all seen this type of performance since the Mike Holmgren era. I think it's a flaw of the "West Coast" system. The Packers system collapses against teams that are fast, repeat fast, and aggressive. If you play passive at all against Green Bay, you're dead. The best teams in the league simply come at them full bore, and the Packers can't deal with it.
Everyone talks about the offense, but this is another example of how slow-footed the Packers are compared to many other teams. The defense is always a step slow. They tend to be thinking too much rather than just going for it.
Everyone's hero, Ted Thompson, has to share some of the blame. He has rarely, with few exceptions, put a value on speed. He also thinks that if you shop at Goodwill you will find a player that came from Macy's.

What is scary to me is this version of the Packers is beginning to look like the '80's Packers: good QB, mediocre(and highly overrated) offensive line, lousy running game, overrated receivers. Defensively there are always a million excuses, except they can't stop anybody when it counts.

You can blame the coaches, and I think Capers should have been replaced years ago, but the offensive system produced a Super Bowl win and the potential of five division championships. I don't think it's McCarthy at all.

It all comes down to the players. There aren't enough "blue chip" Packers players to win. They will beat a few tomato cans, but when they play the good teams, they can't win. The thrashing by the Cardinals isn't the only game when the Packers looked pathetic this year--remember the Panthers?

Believe it or not, it is very close to housecleaning time among the players.

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Anyone who watched this (blank!!) and did not change the channel
Duds: (1) Mike McCarthy your calling the plays now mike $100 mil QB there and no attempt at serious protection, (2) A-rod never looked liked he wanted to be there (I Don't blame him), (3) O'line I know give them a break because of injurys but this is a next man up league and even without injuries against a upper average opponent they are at best mediocre, (4) Dom Capers, this will come up at the end of the season, (5) Devante Adams, looking more like a big bust
I watched this entire fiasco to the bitter end. It wasn't easy. I kept thinking "It can't get any worse," but then it did.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
studs: Daniels with a great int.

Duds:

OL. Worst performance by an OL I have seen
James Campen for not having the young guys ready and the vets for mediocre play.
MM: for keeping James Campen
Agnes Milton (payroll pay clerk) for giving Campen a pay check
Mark murphy: for signing Campen's pay check.
Arty Kentwell: (travel coordinator) for not burning Campen's return flight ticket

4Ever4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers' biggest fault is the same as it always has been. He has no idea what to do when a play falls apart, so he takes sack after sack. I think he's slow to recognize when a play has failed and hopes for his receivers to improvise and get open. They're not doing that at all this year.

Maybe other games this may be the case but not yesterday. Rodgers barely had time to look at his second option let alone decide what to do when the line collapsed (which seemed like that happened on every single drop back).

The knock on AR is not that he doesn't know what to do. He is a great scrambler and makes plays out of nothing so it is crazy you think he doesn't know what to do. As a matter of fact, his biggest fault is just the opposite of what your saying. He knows exactly what he doesn't want to do, which is throw a pick. That is why he takes sacks and that is why he doesn't force throws (sometimes this is a problem). It is a know fact that not turning the ball over is a big deal to him.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I just think this team lacks any real "premise" on offense. Rodgers says well play at a high level for "all the marbles." MM goes out there and acts like we "impose our will" and we got our **** smacked in the dirt and this isn't the first time. TT sits back and acts like he is some kind of "Guru" and I don't see the talent across the board anymore.

I don't believe in this regime any longer and it is OVER!!!!!!!!!!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I mean really all they have done is "tear ******" us for a miracle Hail Mary and gave us a good case of the "blue balls"

Thanks guys. lol

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I think the Packers are done. They are not coming out of this slump this season. I don't know what is causing the slump, but they are just terrible this year. They may be able to beat the Viqueens, and maybe even do it two weeks in a row, but I don't see them beating any of the other teams that will be in the post season, including the Redskins. This is not the Packers team we all know. They are an empty shell of what they used to be....

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

studs: Daniels with a great int.

Duds:

OL. Worst performance by an OL I have seen
James Campen for not having the young guys ready and the vets for mediocre play.
MM: for keeping James Campen
Agnes Milton (payroll pay clerk) for giving Campen a pay check
Mark murphy: for signing Campen's pay check.
Arty Kentwell: (travel coordinator) for not burning Campen's return flight ticket

When you carry a grudge, you REALLY carry a grudge...lol

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just for some positive, I do like Rodgers post-game comments.

“This was a playoff-style game for us, and we obviously played terrible, so your question is warranted. But we’ve won a lot of games here. When you play long enough, you’re going to be on the wrong side of it sometimes. But I have confidence in those guys and myself that when it matters for all the marbles, we’re going to show up.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-p...rodgers-when-it-matters-were-going-to-show-up

There hasn't been many positives on offense lately...If he believes, I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt. Keep some faith that the defense has played well, and if they can get it going early on offense this team can still beat anyone on any given day.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just for some positive, I do like Rodgers post-game comments.

“This was a playoff-style game for us, and we obviously played terrible, so your question is warranted. But we’ve won a lot of games here. When you play long enough, you’re going to be on the wrong side of it sometimes. But I have confidence in those guys and myself that when it matters for all the marbles, we’re going to show up.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-p...rodgers-when-it-matters-were-going-to-show-up

There hasn't been many positives on offense lately...If he believes, I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt. Keep some faith that the defense has played well, and if they can get it going early on offense this team can still beat anyone on any given day.

AR was basically just saying what he thinks people want to hear...they simply don't have the ability to "show up" anymore...if he thinks that this team is going to be able to turn on the switch just because they've entered into the post season, then he's taken one too many hits to the ol' noggin...

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AR was basically just saying what he thinks people want to hear...they simply don't have the ability to "show up" anymore...if he thinks that this team is going to be able to turn on the switch just because they've entered into the post season, then he's taken one too many hits to the ol' noggin...

Maybe that is true, maybe it's not... No way of knowing what he has seen.

But what I can say is that sounds like a leader, and him having faith in the team and publicly announcing that means something. Especially in the context that he did. Means something to the players he is defending.

The Packers lost to the Panthers by 8, and could have played better. I think they are the most over-rated 14-1 team maybe of all time. Our defense wasn't nearly what they are now. They beat Seattle and Seattle has show faults as well and would have to come to Green bay. Minnesota they owned in Minnesota. Washington isn't anything to be that scared about.

From a pure talent perspective I believe Arizona is the ONLY team in the NFC that purely could beat us with talent. But you never know. Get on a roll, have the Packer fans back in Arizona. Redemption on their mind. Anything is possible.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because this team is limping into the playoffs has me even more concerned. Frankly they don't even deserve to be in the playoffs. This us the time where you are suppose to be playing your best football and after yesterday? Jacksonville could beat us.
I could stomach losing a competitive game but man they got their ***** whooped in every phase if the game. MM got out coached and they had no ideal even After halftime on how to adjust. Dang shame smh. 10 wins don't mean crap!! I'm tired of MM and TT. One of your wins came on a last second Hail Mary so calm down sir. I think TT and MM think they are smarter than what they really are. Your qb has been carrying your butts for years and you can't even get the guy more weapons?

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because this team is limping into the playoffs has me even more concerned. Frankly they don't even deserve to be in the playoffs. This us the time where you are suppose to be playing your best football and after yesterday? Jacksonville could beat us.
I could stomach losing a competitive game but man they got their ***** whooped in every phase if the game. MM got out coached and they had no ideal even After halftime on how to adjust. Dang shame smh. 10 wins don't mean crap!! I'm tired of MM and TT. One of your wins came on a last second Hail Mary so calm down sir. I think TT and MM think they are smarter than what they really are. Your qb has been carrying your butts for years and you can't even get the guy more weapons?

The question I have for you is... Who is better. Who would you replace us with in the NFC considering going into this week we have beat 2 of the other 5 playoffs teams (Minnesota and Seattle), lost to 1 (Arizona), and haven't yet played the other. But realistically could easily win that game against Washington.

The next best are Eagles, Lions, Falcons, and Rams... Are any of those really better than the Packers? Or are you just disappointed how badly we lost yesterday?

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry man, but that 6-0 start was smoke and mirrors. Go back and watch, some of those wins were based solely on penalty yardage scores (specifically PI calls). Our offense is putrid. We will be lucky to beat the Redskins.

Two score wins don't happen simply due to few penalties.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is a joke, right?

Rodgers has consistently been one of the best in the league at extending a play and making something good happen.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe that is true, maybe it's not... No way of knowing what he has seen.

But what I can say is that sounds like a leader, and him having faith in the team and publicly announcing that means something. Especially in the context that he did. Means something to the players he is defending.

The Packers lost to the Panthers by 8, and could have played better. I think they are the most over-rated 14-1 team maybe of all time. Our defense wasn't nearly what they are now. They beat Seattle and Seattle has show faults as well and would have to come to Green bay. Minnesota they owned in Minnesota. Washington isn't anything to be that scared about.

From a pure talent perspective I believe Arizona is the ONLY team in the NFC that purely could beat us with talent. But you never know. Get on a roll, have the Packer fans back in Arizona. Redemption on their mind. Anything is possible.

As far as his post game comments, he's between a rock and hard place. He can't say what's actually going on without looking like he's selling out his team, so he placates by giving the answers he does.

As far as the rest, I agree CAR is overrated, but they are leaps and bounds better than GB...GB beat SEA earlier in the season, but since then, GB's level of play has gone straight down the toilet, while Seattle's has soured...SEA would kill GB even in GB now, and Washington is also peaking at the right time, I don't think GB wants any part of them right now, and we just saw what ARZ is...no way GB is beating them anytime soon...GB has MIN's # and I think GB will beat them no matter where they play, but after that, they're done...

Members online

Latest posts