Card game....studs n duds

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You really included "Studs" in the title? Really?? Every player on this team is a disgrace to the Packers organization.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Turnovers and back up left tackles biggest duds.

A game against a team this good is certain to get ugly with 4 turnovers. Three of them gave Arizona 21 points and one took 3 points from us.

Have our normal tackles back in don't turn it over during a playoff rematch, and we have a shot to win.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, you covered fumbles, interceptions, and depth. Now if we could get the receivers to run routes, (if they do, catch the ball, if they do gain some yards) and AR to throw to the guys when they occasionally are that way, and get our bend-then-break defense to make more stops, and if...have to eat dinner now, even with my appetite gone, so someone else carry on.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We did nothing well in this game. Whole organization from bottom to top was dud. Too poor a performance to even evaluate.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trying to find positives, I'll give Tretter a stud.

It's not easy to switch to LT mid game after being a center all year and he did alright.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really not hard to see the tackle play was awful, which led directly to two defensive touchdowns and severely limited the offense.

But what I'm asking is this: What has this team shown you over the past two months that lead you to the conclusion they could hang with Arizona? Or win a playoff game?

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol the people who said the Vikings gave us the blueprint to beating the Cardinals lol. BAhahaha!! How are you going to beat a championship caliber team with a sorry oline, turnovers, and Wrs who can't make plays? I'll wait haha

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But what I'm asking is this: What has this team shown you over the past two months that lead you to the conclusion they could hang with Arizona? Or win a playoff game?

You didn't ask that all...

Anyway, they could have MN wildcard round who they have beaten already so that shows they can win a playoff game.

Regarding beating Arizona, I'll admit the Packers haven't shown much recently to say they can win. The 6-0 start and Vikings game do show the Packers have it in them somewhere.

With plenty of recent teams going on playoff runs without showing much though, I don't see why the Packers can't do the same. Don't turn it over 4 times, and Arizona is beatable.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol the people who said the Vikings gave us the blueprint to beating the Cardinals lol. BAhahaha!! How are you going to beat a championship caliber team with a sorry oline, turnovers, and Wrs who can't make plays? I'll wait haha

:poop:

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Anyway, they could have MN wildcard round who they have beaten already so that shows they can win a playoff game.

Regarding beating Arizona, I'll admit the Packers haven't shown much recently to say they can win. The 6-0 start and Vikings game do show the Packers have it in them somewhere.

With plenty of recent teams going on playoff runs without showing much though, I don't see why the Packers can't do the same. Don't turn it over 4 times, and Arizona is beatable.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't the Packers been shutout and held to under 100 yards of offense in the first half of the past two games? Good teams don't do that.

Last edited:

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We all knew that the Cardinals would be hard to beat, but....sheesh!

Sloppy playing, fumbles, interceptions. This was an embarrassment.

I don't have much confidence in the post game at all.

Premontre1969

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quarterback. Poor anticipation, timing from AR. Carson Palmer is a far better QB this season. I also thought it a less than classy move by Mathews faking the hand in helping up Palmer after he sacked him. Ulitimute responsibility belongs to Packer management; or lack thereof.

Daryl Muellenberg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't the Packers been shutout and held to under 100 yards of offense in the past two games? Good teams don't do that.

This is a joke - right? Last week we scored 30 points and 293 net yards. Today we had 178 net yards and scored on a td pass. No, nothing to be proud of but still not shutout and more than 100 yards.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quarterback. Poor anticipation, timing from AR. Carson Palmer is a far better QB this season. I also thought it a less than classy move by Mathews faking the hand in helping up Palmer after he sacked him. Ulitimute responsibility belongs to Packer management; or lack thereof.

Rodgers was not the problem. Injuries on the oline means anyone back there is going to be battered.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree, and I never have, and won't start now count anyone out until they are actually eliminated with 0:00 on the clock from the playoffs.

However, this team just really has this mental block that just seems to be stuck on them and ... I don't know. The O-line certainly is going to have to get healthy and replenished over the offseason, and I think other parts of our cupboard are going to have to get replaced, but right now I hope for Rodgers's sake though that he's able to hit a reset button because he just really looks like he needs to. What bothers me is that today he really seemed to be bent on trying to force the issue downfield and seems like he's just taken on the old mentality that Brett Favre had when he started trying to do too much.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I usually like to give at least one stud, but I don't think there was one. This is the 4th game this season that was really just hard to watch. (Denver, vs. Lions, and vs. Bears being the others)

To keep up the theme of talking about performance...i'll give a stud to the Arizona Offense, Carson Palmer and the tackling / aggressiveness of Arizona's defense. The tackling of Arizona was what impressed me. Always hard, always solid tackling. Makes me wonder if was Arizona's technique, or the packers lack of will / fight on offense. We don;t seem to have any YAC like we did in years past. Only lacy can break tackles, and thats if he gets a full head of steam.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts