Card game....studs n duds

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not a student of the game and (having learned better) chose not to watch. Got most of my info from a couple of forum chats. Seemed like there were plenty of "throw it away, don't take the sack", "why throw to X when Y was open", and other indications that his head and maybe heart aren't in the game. If those guys were wrong, and there just wasn't anything anyone could have done, I'm wrong.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know why some can't accept that Rodgers just isn't playing well this year.

Yes, no one on offense is. But he's played behind some brutal offensive lines in previous years and still been very successful. Rodgers is just as much a part of the problem as anything else right now. Accountability. ..

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to disagree I see no receivers getting separation and little time.

I agree, this has been the problem all year, but you'd surely think something could be done to get the short passing game working some way or another, and Rodgers really seems to be wanting to take a bunch more shots down the field this year than he was doing last year or the year before.

I think part of it may be he feels he oughtta take the whole team on his shoulders to try and get something going, and perhaps some of the mistakes or drops by some players have caused it. I guess I'm feeling that way because I had always felt since MM took over and ran this team that this was a "trust your players to make plays" offense, and never a QB do all offense. Perhaps some of the failures of the receivers to separate and do this have changed this, but seems like Rodgers has veered away from taking what the defense gives him and has attempted too many homerun shots than necessary.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know why some can't accept that Rodgers just isn't playing well this year.

Yes, no one on offense is. But he's played behind some brutal offensive lines in previous years and still been very successful. Rodgers is just as much a part of the problem as anything else right now. Accountability. ..
No offense of his has ever been as bad as this. Every defense since Denver has lined up with man coverage and shut these receivers down. The reason you hear the term "shut down corner" used so sparingly is because it is so difficult to keep a receiver covered for the entire game. If you have a group of receivers that can be covered via the most exploitable defense around, then you are really lacking talent.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No offense of his has ever been as bad as this. Every defense since Denver has lined up with man coverage and shut these receivers down. The reason you hear the term "shut down corner" used so sparingly is because it is so difficult to keep a receiver covered for the entire game. If you have a group of receivers that can be covered via the most exploitable defense around, then you are really lacking talent.

So Cobb and Adams just suck? I'd hate to think that we are wasting 2nd round picks and in the case of Cobb, 8 figures a year, on receivers who can't separate.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mark Murphy has had a pretty easy tenure here as President since he arrived. It was pretty easy to ride with the current leadership group during their struggles when Rodgers went down with the collarbone injury, and even easier with Rodgers and Cobb's dramatics shortly after vs. the Bears that year. We were only a couple minutes from going to the Super Bowl last year so even though there was some ill-will from some fans, the decision was again pretty clear.

This year, even getting in the playoffs it could all be different. I hesitate to overreact..getting in the playoffs and giving your team a "shot" at the big one is pretty much every organizations goal. But..we will see.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Cobb and Adams just suck? I'd hate to think that we are wasting 2nd round picks and in the case of Cobb, 8 figures a year, on receivers who can't separate.

Adams has been running less than sharp routes and had just plain dropped many balls. Cobb is a good solid player in zone defenses. However, he not fast enough in man coverage. Here the basic problem there no true threat reciever that needs double coverage.

Jason Comp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Neither of these two suck, but it does show a bit that Cobb was a product of having Jordy always being the true threat. Would've been nice to see him take that role of a #1 and excel, just didn't happen. Adams just needs to mature a bit, think he's still a bit overwhelmed by the speed of the NFL. Let's not forget though that this running game we have does not help matters in anyway, teams are rushing 3-4 guys and getting to Rodgers with ease, 7 defense players in coverage is rough.

Reaction score
The O-line has went from inconsistent to despicable. We've picked just 1 Center in 2 years draft picks and 2 years FA. It's no surprise now that we clearly failed protection insurance for Aaron, our 100 million dollar investment and the name of our franchise.
There is no QB in this league that could've withstood that thorough beating.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right, a QB with the highest rating ever forgot how to play the position, but two receivers who never proved they were capable of being anything more than #2-#3 guys are being let down as go-to receivers.

Jason Comp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really not hard to see the tackle play was awful, which led directly to two defensive touchdowns and severely limited the offense.
Barclay is not a good NFL player period, don't understand why he is still being given a roster spot. There are times where developing talented players are worth the time but I just don't get it. The philosophy of developing in house can only take you so far, at some point you have to look into free agency or elsewhere.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Time for change. This is not even close to being a legit SB contender. This team has now played 3 games vs real SB contenders and hasn't been in the same zip code .

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yep- and most opposing defenses are parking two safeties deep cause our run game is mediocre and we can't/don't attach the middle of the field with the pass. The big plays aren't there for a reason. We must improve at TE. Having Montgomery back next year will be a boost too.

Adams has been running less than sharp routes and had just plain dropped many balls. Cobb is a good solid player in zone defenses. However, he not fast enough in man coverage. Here the basic problem there no true threat reciever that needs double coverage.

Who still thinks signing Cobb at $10M/season was a great deal? -He's a nifty weapon when there's depth and talent at WR but all his shortcomings are glaring this year.

The o-line has been abysmal this year but I'm disappointed by the staff's lack of flexibility under the circumstances. Retool the playbook so Rodgers isn't holding the ball so damn long. Fewer five-step drops; more quick passes. Stay on schedule because this offense is extremely vulnerable in third and long.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
after watching that offensive line performance, I'm not sure I can grade a single offensive player outside of that. It was one of the worst performances I have ever had the misery of watching, and I've seen some bad ones.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Time for change. This is not even close to being a legit SB contender. This team has now played 3 games vs real SB contenders and hasn't been in the same zip code .
Time for a GM and coach who can succeed in this day and age. You have a top tier QB like that, the rest should be easy. It's not like he's misguided, he's just wasted picks on guys severely lacking in athletic ability, like R. Rodgers and Adams.
Yep- and most opposing defenses are parking two safeties deep cause our run game is mediocre and we can't/don't attach the middle of the field with the pass. We must improve at TE. Montgomery will be a boost next year too.

Who still thinks signing Cobb at $10M/season was a great deal? -He's a nifty weapon when there's depth and talent at WR but all his shortcomings are glaring this year.

The o-line has been abysmal this year but I'm disappointed by the staff's lack of flexibility under the circumstances. Retool the playbook so Rodgers isn't holding the ball so damn long. Fewer five-step drops; more quick passes. Stay on schedule because this offense is extremely vulnerable in third and long.
I never thought resigning Cobb should be a priority- Tough, dependable guy, but he wasn't productive against great competition even as a #2 option. The offense should be streamlined so new players have a chance to stand out. I don't really want to see Jones, Adams, and Cobb in there for the foreseeable future just because it takes so long for players to get accustomed to the offense.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mark Murphy has had a pretty easy tenure here as President since he arrived. It was pretty easy to ride with the current leadership group during their struggles when Rodgers went down with the collarbone injury, and even easier with Rodgers and Cobb's dramatics shortly after vs. the Bears that year. We were only a couple minutes from going to the Super Bowl last year so even though there was some ill-will from some fans, the decision was again pretty clear.

This year, even getting in the playoffs it could all be different. I hesitate to overreact..getting in the playoffs and giving your team a "shot" at the big one is pretty much every organizations goal. But..we will see.

I think Murphy has been challenged on the business side of things since he has taken on his role, and I think overall he has done a good job. He might have been in over his head with the favre thing early on

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barclay is not a good NFL player period, don't understand why he is still being given a roster spot. There are times where developing talented players are worth the time but I just don't get it. The philosophy of developing in house can only take you so far, at some point you have to look into free agency or elsewhere.
If Barclay is on this roster next year, we are in trouble. I don't care if he is a backup, because he's not good enough to be on the field and be productive at any time.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Well I got nothing as I left halftime to see Star Wars for 3rd time I'll give non spoiler movie edition of Studs n studd

Studs. John Boyega as Finn he played that role well he put on a good show its something I wanna look more movies he's in now.

Dasy Ridley as Rey for first major film she's done she was amazing love her performance to death

Special effects were great movie was shot at real places this time. Story was great and left me waiting for more. Pacing was great too not bored. Dialoge was great too.

Duds

Some minor issues with Camera work and some ***** edits and Carrie Fisher acting leaves something to be desired. You can tell she hasent acted in years.

Overall 8.5/10

For Packers uhh Duds Everyone

Sky King

Reaction score
This is a team that lacks confidence, especially on offense. Nothing they've tried works consistently, if at all. It has been a perfect storm of bad execution, injuries, and lack of talent that backs-up players at key positions. Plus, something else that has been largely overlooked.

IMHO, the worst miscalculation of all occurred well before this game was ever played. Nevertheless, it has likely contributed directly to its outcome. That being MM's restructuring of the offensive coaching assignments possibly as a knee-jerk reaction to the disappointing pratfall that punctuated last season. If anyone is able to successfully connect the dots regarding who's fully in-charge (of what and of whom) it may be a surprise. This team lacks a functional chain of command on offense and MM is rightfully accountable for the "dis-organizational chart" that has been the result. Structured leadership affects coaching function and that affects the players on the field or it really wouldn't matter who is in charge of what. But it does.

As an old cowboy once said, "You don't spend much time deciding on whether or not to drop a hot horseshoe." That "horseshoe" is a coaching structure that has failed to contribute to the overall improvement of this team on offense. Quite the opposite. Every offensive position has regressed or, at best, maintained the status-quo. We've witnessed this phenomena for nearly an entire season. Even the performance of the reigning MVP has been in serious decline along with his once extraordinary confidence. Those are symptoms of the team's greater problems, not the cause of them.

Old Guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What it does show is the Packers offensive line is terrible against top notch D lines. Denver and Arizona took them to the woodshed for a lesson. The line play has been decreasing steadily, Truthfully, only the center spot has been average. The rest are at best below average. IT also shows the Packer depth, after so many claims of superiority, stinks. I have seen total patchwork olines perform better that this group. Do we start talking about replacing Campen? I have to admit I am biased. Never was a big Campen fan.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Studs: Anyone who watched this (blank!!) and did not change the channel
Duds: (1) Mike McCarthy your calling the plays now mike $100 mil QB there and no attempt at serious protection, (2) A-rod never looked liked he wanted to be there (I Don't blame him), (3) O'line I know give them a break because of injurys but this is a next man up league and even without injuries against a upper average opponent they are at best mediocre, (4) Dom Capers, this will come up at the end of the season, (5) Devante Adams, looking more like a big bust

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts