Studs n duds Vikings

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m the guy In here everyone hates cuz I rain on everyone’s play and sound like a negative Nancy.. lol but I’m just gonna call my shots on everything now haha
No Snoops. Believe it or not you're not bad at all. I just like to poke fun at you is all.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Super tough loss.

This particular offense, run in various iterations by us, the Vikings, the 49ers, really gives Pettine and his personnel serious trouble.

And the high winds really helped cover up the major weakness that the Vikings had at corner today.

Sucks. But credit to Minnesota-- they had a good gameplan to speed the game up and eat clock and it worked really well.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hats off to Zimmer and the Vikings. Played well worked hard and deserved this

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He did in the first half but I don't recall us having much success in the second half. I might be mistaken...

We panicked, started passing, nobody could get open against the Vikings 4th string secondary. Then, we couldn't run anymore. We looked like crap. Get a good def coord.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: Definitely goes to our defense. Like seriously all the missed tackles, and everything. I know people want to blame Pettine but still, you can't blame him for poor tackling. MLF I'm also giving a dud to in regards to some questionable play calling. Another dud goes to refballs. Those were some bs calls, especially the one where they picked up the DPI when it clearly was, that was a game changer. They aren't the reason why we lost, but they weren't doing us any favors. Hell they nearly screwed us out of the 2pc. Oline I'm gonna have to give a dud. Too many penalties that really hurt us. Rodgers didn't play necessarily all that well but I won't call him a dud necessarily.

Studs: Dillon performed well for the most part today. Adams got 3 Tds and while I do think he could've played better towards the end, 3 TDS is 3 TDS. Again Rodgers played ok, but he missed a good amount of balls today, and had they been placed better they would've helped big time.
I agree with most of this... however, I will say that some of those missed tackles can be blamed on scheme... so I’m not letting Pettine off the hook. As for Rodgers being off target... unlike last week I don’t really agree so much this week. He did miss a couple of throws (The one that sailed over Sternberger’s head and the short one to Williams’ feet come to mind, however he also had some great throws that weren’t caught... the two to EQ. Bottom line .... stop Cook... easy win. Let Cook juke you out of your Jock strap... well...

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The vikings may have been down a bunch of guys, but they at least showed up. They played hard and their playmakers made some on defense. I know someone was blaming the offense for being down 2 scores and yeah, they should have had a better day, but at that point I think we had 4 possessions on offense, 2 TD's and 1 of those drives we had back to back holding calls and 3rd and 30 is not a down I expect to win that often. That happens. But every time they had the ball they went down and scored. This defense had an answer for nothing all day.

Our DL was just gashed all day and when they needed a 8+ yarder the middle of the field was open all day, or you give up a 50-70yd screen pass? on a couple plays I saw individuals playing with some intensity, but as a whole this defense was ho hum all game long. It's getting be a habit. I guess on the bright side, they did at least get the ball back for the offense at the end? I expected them to get marched on again. Then we couldn't block 3 guys with 5 on offense. maybe it is the offenses' fault.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just trying to wrap my mind how we didn't torch their secondary today.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so what are you guys expecting? Watching these guys get beat against Tampa Bay ones my eyes to a lot of things. The defense STILL has the SAME issues as least season, and once defenses figure out what MLF is doing then the wheels come off on offense. I’ll give him his credit...going into every game this year they have come out in fire and looked like a well oiled machine...but again, once the other team figured us out...they look lost on offense with no plan. I expect them to compete for the North and probably get the 5th or 6th seed...but that is it.

I try not to blame Anyone outside the players who actually play...but Gute failed us...Pettine is failing us. The window is closing on Rodgers to ever win another SB.
The ship has sailed for trying to get weapons for Rodgers they have ignored it for years they need better defense of ends you got big ol Lowry and Lancaster... they are solid back ups I guess... but they would have better luck putting sand bags in place of those two for stopping the run

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the wind was a huge factor in it and maybe Rodgers snuffed a game to get a receiver he was laughing down two scores with 8 mins left maybe it was his plan to get a receiver lol

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

25+ mph winds. Downfield passing is very difficult in those circumstances. It bailed out their cornerbacks.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
studs: williams i guess...tonyan? thought the O-line did a nice job again today...rodgers had plenty of time.

duds: pretty much everyone else. average or below. the opposite player on minn out-played his Packers counterpart. the refs...geesh.

injuries affected the Packers much more than minn's injuries affected them.

906Fan

Former Dancer
Reaction score
How the vikings ran the ball reminded me of the NFC championship game. If the 49ers do it again next week then I hope someone's replaced.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we left plays on the field on offense that's for sure. No doubt the wind played a factor too. Still no excuse.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet Emmitt Smith and Barry Sanders could run behind the jets O line right now and still get 125 yards and two touchdowns on our defense.. lmao

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Duds

This Defense

Studs

Rodgers
Adams

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
"We didn't tackle well today but we made up for it by not blocking." - John McKay

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
25+ mph winds. Downfield passing is very difficult in those circumstances. It bailed out their cornerbacks.

So why weren't we stacking the box defensively and forcing Cousins and his receivers to beat us one on one?

Members online

Latest posts