Studs n duds Vikings

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I agree with you that his draft to date hasn't done much to improve the 2020 team and the injury to Deguara didn't help either, but I view that draft as more of a way to improve the 2021 and beyond teams. Not all drafts and/or picks are instant fixes to your team, whether you were attempting to or not. Patience with draft picks is our friend this year.
While I’m usually one to agree with that approach, the facts that they were 13-3 last year, and they have a very limited time left with Aaron Rodgers, I think a more win now approach should have been taken with this year’s draft.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I’m usually one to agree with that approach, the facts that they were 13-3 last year, and they have a very limited time left with Aaron Rodgers, I think a more win now approach should have been taken with this year’s draft.
Winning now can mean several different things. We need people in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Another corner also and maybe another safety as Savage has not turned into anything we had wanted. For me, tightening up the nuts and bolts is what we need to concentrate on. Those are the areas that win the big games against top competition imho.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Winning now can mean several different things. We need people in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Another corner also and maybe another safety as Savage has not turned into anything we had wanted. For me, tightening up the nuts and bolts is what we need to concentrate on. Those are the areas that win the big games against top competition imho.
I’d have been fine with that... I don’t care where you improve.... but I would have been happier seeing that first round pick going to someone who was likely to have at least been on the active roster this year... preferably starting.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

I definitely wasn't trying to endorse Gutes 2020 draft, just trying to explain what I feel was his logic behind it. Personally, I would have loved to seen him draft a WR or ILB taken with the first 2 picks, since I think those were our biggest needs in 2020 and 2021. I was as shocked as most people were with his first 3 picks.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

While I agree with you that his draft to date hasn't done much to improve the 2020 team and the injury to Deguara didn't help either, but I view that draft as more of a way to improve the 2021 and beyond teams.

I agree but question the approach with Rodgers' champiobship window closing fast and the Packers coming off a season in which they made it to the NFCCG.

I’d have been fine with that... I don’t care where you improve.... but I would have been happier seeing that first round pick going to someone who was likely to have at least been on the active roster this year... preferably starting.

Actually I would have been happier spending any of the team's first four picks this year to improve the current roster.

Members online

Latest posts