Studs n duds Vikings

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm aware. I was addressing both of you guys as a whole. What you two said to one another could've been better worded.

Ease up a little. I think grown men hand handle a little back and forth. It's not like it went on for several threads. Even LTF had a "lol" about it.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Meh, I knew this game was lost by the end of the first half.

Can't seem to stop Cook, too many penalties, and just not enough fire in them at all.

I knew we were in trouble when they marched down the field at the start of the second half. It then became imperative that we had to be perfect and go score for score. Then we started to make mistakes and the game got out of hand. :(

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was most likely double teamed. Adams had a couple of nice catches today. But outside of a few by our TEs there were a lot of drops again. It didn't help when we couldn't run. I like Williams and all but he ain't Aaron Jones.

We ran the ball just fine. Williams was chugging out 4.7 per carry. They only thing that stopped our running game was ourselves.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ease up a little. I think grown men hand handle a little back and forth. It's not like it went on for several threads. Even LTF had a "lol" about it.
That's fair. I just know how tempers can flare especially after a loss, and I didn't want things to escalate was all. Again we're all on the same side.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

Dillon
Davante
Kamal Martin

Half stud/dud
Sorry, I gotta give Rodgers a minor dud rating today. In some cases it wasn't his fault and I'm not a crazy nitpicker, but he did miss some throws, particularly that wide open Sternberger play.

But...

The big duds:

O-line/Jenkins stupid holding penalties

MVS and ESB once again useless, no more targets to ESB please, give them all to Malik Taylor who actually catches balls

Super DUDs

Mike Pettines swiss cheese defense again, and Brian Gute the clown GM

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys realize hasty for San Fran is gonna put up 200 yards rushing on Thursday night..

Who is Hasty?
Wouldn't be shocked if the same thing happens. We need Lazard and Jones back in a bad way on offense

But defensively... I really don't know what we can do personnel wise atm we're gonna get gashed all year

Perhaps we should look for help on D instead of WR at the trade deadline?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go look at everyone continually getting on Pettine right now, we have good skill positions in all 3 levels of the defense but its THE SCHEME and defensive play calling that are being called into question. So yeah scheme and playcalling is important

Uhhhh context is also important there my guy and Adams had 7/53/3TDs in weather that wasn't conducive to throwing the football. That's a hell of a game

Disagree. For a WR reputed to be a top 5 guy, that's mediocre in any weather. You haven't seen very much November/December/January football in Wisconsin, have you?

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We ran the ball just fine. Williams was chugging out 4.7 per carry. They only thing that stopped our running game was ourselves.

He did in the first half but I don't recall us having much success in the second half. I might be mistaken...

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pettine has been using him as a DB all season long. That alone is a fireable offense. Maybe if Pettine used him the way he should be used, the run defense wouldn't be as pathetic as it is.
I know I couldn’t believe it when I saw that lmao ughhh they are pathetic lol

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who is Hasty?

You will find out who hasty is come Thursday night when he puts mosterts playoff game stats to shame

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

Adams - he is a weapon and utilized what he could. The only player I heard going at it w the other team's players in the 4th quarter.

Sternberger - he played pretty well and made some nice grabs

Tonyon - he was open and missed at times, what SHOULD have been a monster game was a very good one for him.

Duds:

Pettine - this is ridiculous, enough. The soft conservative nature of his play calling and scheme is flawed considerably. Not NFL caliber - he has to go. He cannot play to his defensive strengths, and there is talent there, but he obviously ignores fundamentals and discipline. It's right there for everyone to see.

Entire Defensive Line - no excuses...poor performance against a team that could be stopped.

All in all, this was the reveal as to what this team lacks, any semblance of resistance to obvious situations on defense. This defensive play calling could have been done by a novice. A change is needed. No creativity in the defensive sets that I can see. You could sense the offensive players getting tired of watching the defense implode. This is crunch time, right now. Make a few moves and roll the dice - I dont think it can get worse than where it is currently.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Idk why but some reason I want to blame you for us losing. XD
Lol you always do trust me I hate it when we lose but I will be the first to not make excuses for them as well lol the Niners are gonna abuse them mark my words and hasty will run for 150+ 2 touchdowns someone bet me

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol you always do trust me I hate it when we lose but I will be the first to not make excuses for them as well lol the Niners are gonna abuse them mark my words and hasty will run for 150+ 2 touchdowns someone bet me
Because I haven't said this in a long time, DAMMIT SNOOPS!

But on a side note is anyone still on the EQ bandwagon?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that maybe what bothers me the most is what I strongly perceive to be a lack of intensity on this team. They're not just soft physically, they're soft mentally and emotionally.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who is Hasty?

They won’t they have no money and one guy ain’t gonna help the defense what you see is what you unfortunely get

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because I haven't said this in a long time, DAMMIT SNOOPS!

But on a side note is anyone still on the EQ bandwagon?
Lmao! It’s all good dude! I was high on st brown coming out of the draft I actually wanted them to take him in the 3rd round but he has made some nice plays but it’s time to move on.. he sucks

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m the guy In here everyone hates cuz I rain on everyone’s play and sound like a negative Nancy.. lol but I’m just gonna call my shots on everything now haha

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What? The entire focus of the MN defense was STOP ADAMS at all costs, shadowing and bringing anyone over to his side and the Pack other WR's weren't able to capitalize. I can tell when someone on this website doesn't a) watch the game or b) understand the opponents game plan

We miss Lazard.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so what are you guys expecting? Watching these guys get beat against Tampa Bay ones my eyes to a lot of things. The defense STILL has the SAME issues as least season, and once defenses figure out what MLF is doing then the wheels come off on offense. I’ll give him his credit...going into every game this year they have come out in fire and looked like a well oiled machine...but again, once the other team figured us out...they look lost on offense with no plan. I expect them to compete for the North and probably get the 5th or 6th seed...but that is it.

I try not to blame Anyone outside the players who actually play...but Gute failed us...Pettine is failing us. The window is closing on Rodgers to ever win another SB.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m the guy In here everyone hates cuz I rain on everyone’s play and sound like a negative Nancy.. lol but I’m just gonna call my shots on everything now haha

You go with your bad self Snoops! You've always been one of my favorites.