Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If I looked at it with a narrow view of it NO no defense should be able to stop Rodgers if he plays this way the entire season, but! Everything is flawed and doesn’t last long, and in the NFL teams do adjust, Arod can play lights out all day long, but he can’t win by himself, and if the supporting cast doesn’t play well the defenses will stop him every time
So then apply same logic to Kamara

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't he force a fumble on a kickoff? Worth a spot if he does that 1 in 10 kick returns. Burks was lining up at OLB last night. Wayne and Larry were talking about it.

Duds: When is MLF going to get the short yardage offense figured out? WTF you waste a 2nd round pick on a RB with tree trunks for legs if you don't let him move the pile a few times to get you the one or two yards you need?

I rather see a roll out to te...its been working

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I rather see a roll out to te...its been working
Almost didn't to Mercedes but he turned it upfield and made a great play. Some talked of offensive pass interference but those two were jostling the whole way. Have to let that play out w/o calling anything imo. Great play and at an important time and on 3rd down.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

It would be unfortunate for us to disagree with each other and express it. Not very message board like, but...ya know...;)

Why ? we do often but at the end of the day we respect each other (I think ?). There is a way of disagreeing and sticking to the rules. Believe me when I say a lot goes on behind the scenes that people don`t see mate, some complain but don`t want to do the job themselves. Sometimes a cooling off period works ;)

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The one "drop" by Lazard. That ball had so much steam. It would have been very difficult to catch it imho.

I remember thinking, dear Lord Aaron just went Favre -> Freeman on that one LOL

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
If I looked at it with a narrow view of it NO no defense should be able to stop Rodgers if he plays this way the entire season, but! Everything is flawed and doesn’t last long, and in the NFL teams do adjust, Arod can play lights out all day long, but he can’t win by himself, and if the supporting cast doesn’t play well the defenses will stop him every time
Agree, and new unseen wrinkles will need to be introduced as the season progresses.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Why ? we do often but at the end of the day we respect each other (I think ?). There is a way of disagreeing and sticking to the rules. Believe me when I say a lot goes on behind the scenes that people don`t see mate, some complain but don`t want to do the job themselves. Sometimes a cooling off period works ;)
Gasp........... you mean there are whiners and narcs in our midst???

H

HardRightEdge

Why isn't AJ Dillon out there in goal-to go situations? He is 250lbs.
Maybe because he has not mastered the LaFleur playbook, not an easy thing to do as we see in comparing last year to this. On an audible call he might not know what to do.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Disagree. The mods most definitely do not do a horrible job.

H

HardRightEdge

the pass interference on HIll was prpobably the "wrong" call but it wasn't wrong. he had 2 hands full of Jersey and holding the entire time before the ball was in the air and after it was caught. Either way it was a 10 yard penalty on them.

The one to Ervin was uncatchable, but then the defender took a gamble that he was beat because he never evenn attemtped to look at the ball or make a real play just gave him a good shove. He plays the ball, turns his head or anything other than a give up type of defensive play I don't think it's called.

I think MVS play was more holding earlier in the route than PI. but they call that and don't call that all the time. hard to know.
In the first instance, I looked at it again and don't see any clear evidence of a hold. Hill's right hand is not visible. It had the look of a possible hold because the defender was trying to work back inside instead of edge contain, not a good decision.

In the second instance the rules could not be clearer. In the NFL there can be no pass interference on an uncatchable ball.

In the third instance, as I said, it was ticky tacky. Mostly it was a good acting job. I don't see clear indication of a hold.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs - the game day roster, was overall a very good performance from the pack. I was impressed by the likes of summers and barnes, as we probably aren't really expecting much if anything out of them, so for them to be solid enough is a plus in my book.
Time management seems to have improved
AR managing to not call a TO on that hardcount

Duds - DA17 injury having such a catastrophic effect on our O
tackling!! ffs, I've said a few times that we should get a rugby coach in to teach proper tackling, Jaire bouncing off Kamara was embarrassing

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
How many 3 and outs has our defense had this year? A very important measure able imo.

I doubt very many. The good news, the Packers have probably had less 3 and outs than their opponents.

Packers have only had to punt the ball 5 times in 3 games.

Opponents have punted 10 times.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Am I the only one that got a little bit more satisfaction when Hill fumbled? I told myself before the game, I bet they do something shifty with Hill just to stick it to the organization. Then he fumbles. Was awesome to watch.

Not only that, beating a team that has Cook and Sanders (who spurned us in the offseason) was extra sweet. Not that it was really Cook's fault he left, but still. Realistically, those two could be Packers and 3-0 right now and they're not!

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FINALLY...a guy we cut makes Ted and Mike looks like geniuses...a couple years too late...but we'll take it

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud- basically the entire offense

Dud- MIKE PETTINE. The only thing Drew Brees can do now is throw 5 yard passes to Alvin Kamara, and you let him do that. Your play calling was atrocious and I feel like the Zadarius forced fumble potentially saved him from being the main reason why we lost. Made no sense why the coverage was so soft.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
STUD: Mike McCarthy for cutting Taysome Hill and allowing the Saints to pick him up, pay him $16.3 M and have him fumble the ball tonight to basically turn the game over to us. That play to me was the big momentum changer of the night.

**patiently waits for all those who I have had Taysome Hill discussions with to jump in**

I'm waiting for the people on here from last year basically calling him the Swiss Army Knife Lamar Jackson

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Duds
Saint Forums for blaming the refs
(thats only for us to use as an excuse)

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
1 catch for 5 yards. When we needed him, he disappeared.
Coverage was rollimg to him so that left lazard open.

The plan it appears was to stop mvs and Jones from beating them

Now teams have to worry about lazard as well

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Coverage was rollimg to him so that left lazard open.

The plan it appears was to stop mvs and Jones from beating them

Now teams have to worry about lazard as well

They roll coverage to Davante every game. He still makes catches, which tells me MVS is very much an inferior player.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
They roll coverage to Davante every game. He still makes catches, which tells me MVS is very much an inferior player.
Im pretty sure we all knew that?

He cant get free if dbl... Lazard maybe could?

But mvs dbl, lazard single, them trying to stop Jones. All leds to....te making impacts, lazard blowing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts