Studs n duds New Orleans

Status
Not open for further replies.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
ARodg was studly for the most part. a couple of loose throws early on. But money late. Lazard stepped up big time. It was great seeing Sternberger get a couple of grabs.

Defensively was a challenge early on, but hung in there and made some plays late in the game when it mattered.

All and all, 3-0 is pretty damn sweet. Schedule doesn't soften up until the 2nd half of the season so it's great to get a few to start.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Studs-
Allen Lazard
TEs
Aaron Jones
Keke Kingsley
Ty Summers

Duds-
Adrian Amos
MVS

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs - offense. Only punted 1 time all day.

Duds - defense.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow what a game and what a fun one to watch. First win in that building since Superbowl XXXI. One of the biggest road wins we've had in a while too.

Super stud Aaron Rodgers especially in that air tight window TD to Mercedes causing the raving lunatic haters to choke on sandwiches

Other studs were Aaron Jones and the TEs

Only dud was just the tackling on the Kamara TD

But honestly, this game deserves a no dud rating as we are now 3-0 with one of the biggest road wins in years, even more so I think than the game in Arrowhead last year

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
122 points in 3 games. I know there are some real great offenses out there, but it’s time to start considering this the best offense in football. No Adams, a so-so Jones against a stacked box, 37 points.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
Rodgers. Not sure how he would not be on a list
He had some beautiful throws.
TE group - Hard to single out one
LeFluer. Outside the 4 and 1 call he was great
Offensive line. I know we didn't rack up rushing yards but Rodgers stayed upright
Keke

Duds
Our tackling except the last couple drives
Whoever was covering Kamara. He just had way too much space before a defender even tried to tackle him

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
If the run defense can get better, it would be a great one two punch that could take us deep in the playoffs

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

Alan Lazard - caught some big time balls and came through when his number was called upon. Legit number 2? Starting to look that way.

Tonyon/Sternberger/Lewis - the coaches watched how Waller destroyed the outside lbs of NO last week and exploited it in the right moments.

Rodgers - he was really having fun out there, had a few misfires but overall he is HUNGRY and you can sense it.

Crosby - nails on the poles...made a huge difference...no taverns and he is quietly right on.

Chandon Sullivan - this kid is solid and made a difference when needed.

Zsmith - very close to being a dud, but...forced fumble turned the game. needs to learn to rush inside in a non mobile pocket qb environment.

Jones - very interesting how he was used, but he did what needed to be done.

Duds:

Tyler Lancaster and Dean Lowry - no push, getting manhandled and losing all the run battles.

Pettine - I understand injuries are costly but has to call better in game defensive calls against a future hof qb...quarters is suicide when defending at the end of the half.

Kevin King - exposed, start Sullivan until King gets his mojo back.

All in all, this was a gritty win and I will take it and pleasantly so. Excellent job at the end w clock management and play calling. They need DL help and need to bring someone in its very apparent.
I really saw Rodgers having fun, and its so refreshing.

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
Aaron Rodgers.
Allen Lazard
Zadarius Smith.
Mercedes Lewis.
Robert Tonyan.
Kingsley Keke.
Mason Crosby.
Jaire Alexander.
Jonathan Garvin
Matt Lafleur

Duds
Whoever was covering Kamara edit: trying to cover Kamara.
Darnell Savage.
Kevin King
Lowery and Lancaster
Mike Pettine.

H

HardRightEdge

I was pleasantly surprised by Summers. He looked like he knew what he was doing and showed good speed and a nose for the ball. He did miss that tackle on Kamara's 3rd. quarter romp along with half the defense, and he got suckered away from the play on a zone drop, but otherwise pretty impressive. He did not look like a guy taking his first ever regular season defensive snaps.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud: Matt LeFleur

I want to point out how absolutely brilliantly MLF managed the clock on that last drive.

First of all, he waits until there's 1 second left on the play clock to throw the challenge flag. You would think that would be obvious, but to many coaches it is not. So he knew that if it didn't work, at least the clock is down to 2:04.

Then just as brilliantly, he realizes that no matter whether he runs or passes on the next play, the clock will stop with the 2 minute warning. So he takes advantage of that and catches the Saints absolutely selling out on the run which leaves Tonyan wide open.

All of this helped lead to just not enough time left for the Saints to rally late.

Great work, coach.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
STUD: Mike McCarthy for cutting Taysome Hill and allowing the Saints to pick him up, pay him $16.3 M and have him fumble the ball tonight to basically turn the game over to us. That play to me was the big momentum changer of the night.

**patiently waits for all those who I have had Taysome Hill discussions with to jump in**

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs-
Allen Lazard
TEs
Aaron Jones
Keke Kingsley
Ty Summers

Duds-
Adrian Amos
MVS

Ya know I love me some Ty Summers but I can't put him on either list. Yes he was a Stud by stepping in and playing decent when Kirksley went down but he had Kamara on that TD, and failed to bring him down, and there were other less than stellar tackles. He'll improve, no doubt, I just didn't see him as a Stud tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.