Studs n duds New Orleans

Status
Not open for further replies.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
His game management from every single angle is so much superior than that of Mike McCarthy. It cannot be understated just how important that's been.

Overall, he's in total command.
And it appears that the untimely time outs problem has been corrected.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I counted...he was the 2nd player to miss him of 6 actually. And it wasn't just the Kamara play. He has to improve if he's gonna play.

Oh for sure plenty of room for improvement, not sure anyone would disagree with that.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I too am not a fan of MLF going for it on 4th down on the wrong side of the 50. Thankfully Smith recovered that fumble and the Saints never recovered from that play.

Agree, I can appreciate the aggressive play calling. But when NO was moving pretty easily down the field I was not a fan of giving them a 35 yard head start.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MVS has been dropping balls for 3 years. He is awful. There has to be someone out there who is better
and yet NO was worried enough about him taking the top off, they shaded coverage to him opening up everyone else. I don't care how people help this team, as long as they do. If all MVS does is catch 2 balls a game and every game or two he gets a big one and it keeps teams paying attention to him, that's valuable.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Read an interesting stat. The offense has had one three and out total in the first three games.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
STUDS:
Aaron and Aaron, Lazard, O-line,
Why isn't AJ Dillon out there in goal-to go situations? He is 250lbs.

DUDS:
again, this defense is one of the worst in the NFL. I cringe every time we play a good offense.
there is no chance of this team going far in the playoffs with this defense, as is.
If Devante Adams cannot get his *** on the field, it makes the Jordan Love pick even worse. We could have had Tee Higgins on the field instead of the awful MVS. His drops and lack of effort are pathetic. Go get Dez Bryant or something, because DA will be milking this injury for weeks.
*****... the offense scored 37 points.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Read an interesting stat. The offense has had one three and out total in the first three games.
This offense has been looking really good. Some self inflicted stuff in the prior games, but mostly pretty clean in all phases. Mental prep, penalties, hitting some big plays and executing consistently on the smaller move the chain type stuff. It's nice to see.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MVS has been dropping balls for 3 years. He is awful. There has to be someone out there who is better

Um....this is specifically a thread about the NO game, let's not open discussion up to entire player career's. That said, look up his actual stats before espousing things. Rodgers over threw him a ton as well the last two years.....does that mean Aaron is autrocious...negative. MVS is a solid #3 guy from all appearances this year, finally has some route abilities and doesn't rely purely on run from from spot A to spot B.

and yet NO was worried enough about him taking the top off, they shaded coverage to him opening up everyone else. I don't care how people help this team, as long as they do. If all MVS does is catch 2 balls a game and every game or two he gets a big one and it keeps teams paying attention to him, that's valuable.

AMEN!!! MVS is the perfect guy to have as a team's #3. As long as his legs are healthy, he truly is a top end devastation teams' have to account for.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Apparently he can’t right now. I’m not a fan of the reason, but it is what it us I guess.
He couldnt stop arguing when told to stop

We dont ban often..but sometimes its a no brainer

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Which is good, because right now our defense is one of the weakest in allowed yardage....keeping them off the field has been CRUCIAL. Don't get me wrong we don't have a bad defense, they're good...but what they are is what I call a playmaking defense that gives up tons of yardage.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Which is good, because right now our defense is one of the weakest in allowed yardage....keeping them off the field has been CRUCIAL. Don't get me wrong we don't have a bad defense, they're good...but what they are is what I call a playmaking defense that gives up tons of yardage.

May want to re think

And rushing they are middle of road

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This offense has been looking really good. Some self inflicted stuff in the prior games, but mostly pretty clean in all phases. Mental prep, penalties, hitting some big plays and executing consistently on the smaller move the chain type stuff. It's nice to see.

Something else very impressive for me too. We could consider adams, jones, an MBS to be the top three playmakers on the packer offense right? Last night, 91 yards of total offense combined from the three. They still put up 37 points and nearly 400 yards of offense. Big props to Rodgers and MLF.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

May want to re think

And rushing they are middle of road

I clearly missed something or only looked at one statline and may have misread it, was us and Seahawks giving up like 6.6....hang on now this is bugging me - gonna look through my browser history to find the page.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero clue what happened. I'll just raise the white flag of stupidity, not too prideful to admit I was wrong. :)

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Ask your self this.

Should ANY Def be able to stop rodgers?
If I looked at it with a narrow view of it NO no defense should be able to stop Rodgers if he plays this way the entire season, but! Everything is flawed and doesn’t last long, and in the NFL teams do adjust, Arod can play lights out all day long, but he can’t win by himself, and if the supporting cast doesn’t play well the defenses will stop him every time

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
How many 3 and outs has our defense had this year? A very important measure able imo.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
If I looked at it with a narrow view of it NO no defense should be able to stop Rodgers if he plays this way the entire season, but! Everything is flawed and doesn’t last long, and in the NFL teams do adjust, Arod can play lights out all day long, but he can’t win by himself, and if the supporting cast doesn’t play well the defenses will stop him every time
What is considered an “average” score by PFF scoring? 65? 70?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
He couldnt stop arguing when told to stop

We dont ban often..but sometimes its a no brainer
It would be unfortunate for us to disagree with each other and express it. Not very message board like, but...ya know...;)

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Noteworthy: Not only can Oren Burks not get on the field ahead of UDFA Kris Barnes, he's behind Ty Summers as well. His days in Titletown appear to be numbered.
Didn't he force a fumble on a kickoff? Worth a spot if he does that 1 in 10 kick returns. Burks was lining up at OLB last night. Wayne and Larry were talking about it.

Duds: When is MLF going to get the short yardage offense figured out? WTF you waste a 2nd round pick on a RB with tree trunks for legs if you don't let him move the pile a few times to get you the one or two yards you need?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
About the uncatchable pass. The refs very rarely call uncatchable. In fact, I can't recall seeing one for a long time. That one seemed really uncatchable, but they just don't call it. They give the receivers Superman status when they are interfered with.
The one "drop" by Lazard. That ball had so much steam. It would have been very difficult to catch it imho.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't he force a fumble on a kickoff? Worth a spot if he does that 1 in 10 kick returns. Burks was lining up at OLB last night. Wayne and Larry were talking about it.

Duds: When is MLF going to get the short yardage offense figured out? WTF you waste a 2nd round pick on a RB with tree trunks for legs if you don't let him move the pile a few times to get you the one or two yards you need?
Agree about Burks. Not ready to give up on him. He was around the ball several times when he was at linebacker. He is fast.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It would be unfortunate for us to disagree with each other and express it. Not very message board like, but...ya know...;)
Was way way more than just disagree t
But you know all inner workings

Starting to attack each other personally...It was spilling into other threads with same mentality, was told to stop and ignore each other..

Dante did

Yet capt continued....capt has been warned for years to ignore and stop certain tactics.

It was enough this last time

There you have it. Agree or dont..

You can apply to be a mod to help enforce since we do such a horrible job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts