studs & duds: redskins

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
For all the criticism of Rodgers earlier, he is the only part of this team keeping us in games.

Cook made some plays until that last one, and Cobb/Ty played decent. Jordy only is a threat in the redzone it seems.

Duds:

Defense should be something lower than dud but for now i won't waste typing any longer on them.

Special teams has been meh for too many seasons in GB. Thought they were going to correct things after Bostick but I don't think they have.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did: Martinez for the PI in the Redskins 2nd to last drive.

He was right there and didn't need to touch the WR early.

Should have had the ball back with plenty of time to score for the lead.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Given what we had available to us personnel-wise, I thought our offense played really well for the most part. Cook has some growing to do with the team yet, but he made some great plays too.

Defense though. Wow. That was an impressive level of bad, even for an injury depleted roster.

Also, our special teams return game is a bummer to watch.

childerm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every player in the secondary is a dud. Teams should just start going deep every play for the rest of the season. All the DBs will be 5 yards behind their assignment every time.

Rodgers, Cook minus one play, crippled offensive line were studs.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Green Bay Packers
Duds: Washington Redskins.

Why?
Because we don't have a racial slur for our name.
That's why.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We lost everyone is a dud. Stop pretending there are any studs when the team loses. If the team loses, every single player is a dud regardless of individual stats. This is a sorry excuse of a football team and because there are so many injuries, nothing will change and the defense will suck again next year.

Reaction score
Studs: I'm not sure anyone had a complete game on Offense or qualified as a "stud". I would've said Cook before the fumble that nailed the coffin shut.

Duds: This Defense sucks

Last edited:

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud: Any "Packer fan" who wants the Packers to keep losing so someone is fired.

I've seen that in the shout box and in comment sections around the web the last two weeks.

How any fan can actually want that is beyond me.

mongoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud: cook

Not cook's fault for punched ball that caused fumble. Doesn't matter we were down two TD. defense, mostly secondary, sucked as usual.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Dud: Jeff Janis. Whatever he had on special teams last year is no longer not only not there, he has gotten terrible on special teams. The guy adds nothing to the offense, why is he still on the team?

pfcmsh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Green Bay Packers
Duds: Washington Redskins.

Why?
Because we don't have a racial slur for our name.
That's why.
Our Packers were duds. Coaching on down. Pitiful.
Studs are the Redskins. They outplayed us in every phase of the game.

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Cousins; he was able to make great pass plays into a strong wind.
The team band. Why, oh why don't the Packers get rid of that crappy "Bang on the Drum all Day" and start playing our fight song? I have been to 4 home games and the only time I heard it is when a high school marching band played it during halftime.
Sorry, just a bit grumpy tonight.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud:

TT....at least you can go to bed knowing your frugal *** can roll 10 mil over to next years cap while you field a defense filled with street free agents.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud: Rodgers. If not for him we don't win a single game.

Duds: Jordy Nelson was a non factor, Barclay, Mathews was a non factor, the entire defense. Special teams is garbage. Capers has to go. If they don't fire this moron I will pray they give up 40 a game and not win another game. And that Rodgers request a trade at yeRs end. He deserves to at least have a chance to win another SB. He's a rare talent being wasted in Green Bay.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barclay just needs to go. He's horrid. The change is/was obvious when he was in, and when he was replaced.

Cook went from stud to dud in a hurry. We had a chance to win that game after struggling our way thru it, and he stopped that in a hurry. First game back, I think he'll do better in the future, but tonight that play puts him as a dud for me.

Daniels too. Giving them a free first down when they actually forced a 3 and out. I don't care what he did the rest of the game, a defensive leader can't keep doing stupid stuff.

Datone for being a ***** after getting your *** kicked all game.

That defense was bad, but I don't even know who else to get on. Who was even playing? At this point injuries don't even matter because the replacements can't get much worse. I don't even know how they'll call a defense going foreword.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud: Jeff Janis. Whatever he had on special teams last year is no longer not only not there, he has gotten terrible on special teams. The guy adds nothing to the offense, why is he still on the team?

Janis always looks super confused if things don't happen exactly how you'd expect.
Three funny moments from him all on kickoffs...

1. One kickoff kind of hung up in the air longer than usual. He had to field it between the 5 and 10. Soon as he caught it, he just looked baffled and didn't really take off.
2. The one that bounced in front of the goal line. I don't think he understood that it was a live ball immediately. He was just like, "uhhhh, hey Mike, should I pick dat up or...????"
3. I think it was the last one he fielded. It looked like he and Montgomery were both in position on top of each other. I could see Janis thinking, "You got it? I got it? You got it? I got it? You got it?"

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud: Rodgers. If not for him we don't win a single game.

Duds: Jordy Nelson was a non factor, Barclay, Mathews was a non factor, the entire defense. Special teams is garbage. Capers has to go. If they don't fire this moron I will pray they give up 40 a game and not win another game. And that Rodgers request a trade at yeRs end. He deserves to at least have a chance to win another SB. He's a rare talent being wasted in Green Bay.
You make a few statements I agree with in the beginning, but unfortunately, you always seem to decend into a ranting tirade that makes me skip past many of your posts. I will never wish for the Packers to lose (or give up 40 points). As far as hoping Rodger's requesting a trade so you can somehow feel better... well... whatever.

Members online

Latest posts