studs & duds: redskins

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have resigned to just watch the rest of the games and not worry about winning or loosing. It's better for my blood pressure.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

First post on this site, so forgive me if I do this wrong.

Studs: rodgers, making trash into a potential win going into the 4th every single game

Duds: the entire freaking d. ( 3Rd aND 12? Ha, we'll play off the receiver's 15 yards)

This is pathetic. I've been reading from the peanut gallery on this site for a long time, had to finally join because I'm 8 blue moons into the night. I remember watching the 2012 playoff loss to the 49ers thinking "Dom capers sucks" and "why aren't they adjusting the d!?!" "He should be fired! "

Well here we are, 2016. Consistently giving up 30 to 40 points a game and some of you dummys still make excuses for injuries and what not. No, this is bad coaching. Dom capers is crap, he was crap in Houston, he's crap in green bay. This season is all but lost. That was the most pathetic game I've seen all year, it's ******** ridiculous to give up that many big plays OVER and OVER. . Jesus,we have to score 50 to win a freaking game. 4 and 6, and I can't believe I wasted money to buy tickets and fly to green bay on Dec 4th to watch the game. Some how the pack will give up 35+ points and 450 yards to brock and the Texans while I'm there. Pathetic. This is worse that when buffalo gave up 600+ yards in back to back games a few years ago. Hell. At least they were smart enough to make a change. We just keep rolling with it. I really thought this was it, I've watched brutal payoff losses and walked away bitter but still proud of our guys, this year I'm just mad, mad at the coaching and mad at another wasted year on what could have potentially been the greatest qb we've ever watched. Rodgers is once in a lifetime, and he's suffocating...end rant. ...

Here it is JJ

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I have resigned to just watch the rest of the games and not worry about winning or loosing. It's better for my blood pressure.

Welcome to my couch, where have all you guys been? Sadly, I took that stance after the Falcons game. I have stopped expecting the Packers Defense to hold (besides the penalty sort) another team on 3rd down and they rarely let me down.

pfcmsh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never want the Pack to lose! Yes, we've had the undeniable advantage of continuity in head coaches, schemes and qb. This is rare and is worth several points a game, in my opinion. While many other teams play without this adavantage, it definitely has helped us win games. While we have enjoyed this advantage, other teams have rebuilt and now are the dominant teams. Dallas, Washington and others. Our steadiness in staff, schemes and players has reached the point where we are stale. We need radical change. It is so obvious to me. I do not promote losing ever for any reason, but the writing is on the wall. I thought we gave up last night and the fact that Washington piled it on us was extremely embarrassing. It was a deep low point for me. We need change as our advantage of continuity has passed and is now working against us.

DMANDTM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Injuries have absolutely killed us on defense, especially at CB.
With the exception of Shields, they all seemed pretty bad before they got injured. For every good play that Randall made, he seemed to make several poor ones. Receivers were having career high games against him. All of these young guys should have been given time to develop and learn behind veterans. We never should have let House & Hayward go. Maybe they can get a couple of veterans next year by freeing up the money spent on Pepper's contract.

pfcmsh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, we've been hurt hard by injuries. Every NFL team has injuries. Our injuries are not the highest lost starter games in the league. Other teams have suffered more injuries than we have. Some like to say, "injuries should not matter and are no excuse", but in fact they do matter. They've hurt us, but they are present on every team. If we lose Rogers, the season is over, if it isn't already.

pfcmsh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasn't frustrated as much as I was embarrassed. Now I know how the Bear fans feel, although we were once a much better team. Those days are rapidly dwindling and I hate it.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought we gave up last night and the fact that Washington piled it on us was extremely embarrassing. It was a deep low point for me.

I saw this too... Can't remember currently the last time they just looked flat out defeated and not even trying anymore. Sad.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
With the exception of the Bears game, I would be surprised to see the Packers as favorites to win any of their remaining games. Maybe that is just what they need, pressure to win is gone, just play football.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You think so? The Packers scored with 329 left and had a real chance to win that one still. Granted they couldn't cover or get the needed sack but I thought the energy near the end was still good.
"near the end", I will agree with that and also seemed to be the case last night. I think if you go back and watch a lot of the games this year, there has been a mood shift in a lot of the players, AR being the most glaring to me. While it isn't necessarily a "I give up" mood, but more like "oh hell, WTF is wrong and why bother" kind of mood.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"near the end", I will agree with that and also seemed to be the case last night. I think if you go back and watch a lot of the games this year, there has been a mood shift in a lot of the players, AR being the most glaring to me. While it isn't necessarily a "I give up" mood, but more like "oh hell, WTF is wrong and why bother" kind of mood.

I have been speaking to Aaron's attitude and leadership since last year... While I in way blame him for the season, I think there is a better approach to your peers than the one he frequently uses.

Lol you could be right, maybe I just block it out of memory. It's to painful to remember!

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You think so? The Packers scored with 329 left and had a real chance to win that one still. Granted they couldn't cover or get the needed sack but I thought the energy near the end was still good.

All that does is make it even more frustrating.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I have been speaking to Aaron's attitude and leadership since last year... While I in way blame him for the season, I think there is a better approach to your peers than the one he frequently uses.

Lol you could be right, maybe I just block it out of memory. It's to painful to remember!

The thing for me, I actually get AR's attitude and why and how it has evolved. He just didn't wake up one morning and say "I'm going to be a first class A-Hole" to these guys. His frustrations have been building for a long time and began reflecting in his play when they built up too high. I'm not forgiving the way he has handled things, but he is a human being with a real talent, but maybe just too high of expectations for his teammates to consistently perform at his level.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Studs
The Packer fans in the crowd. Awesome!

Kind-of-studs

A. Rodgers. Nice scrambles. No INTs or fumbles, made wise decisions. But, he still isn't the Rodgers we all have watched over the years. He is still off on many of his throws. What happened to his usual putting the ball exactly where it needs to be-- i.e. not behind the receiver, or at his feet, or forcing him to stretch out exposing to a hit?

J. Cook. I don't blame him for the fumble. That was a nice play by the defender. Cook had the ball secured. **** happens.

R. Rodgers. He broke a tackle! I am serious. Not joking here. Really! I saw it with my own eyes. Definite stud material.

Cobb. Nice YAC a couple times. Nice spin move here and there. Exciting to watch him play again.

Duds
Special team play.
Even Crosby on this list-- he so rarely is lately. But, that missed FG helped change the momentum.

Datone Jones. Who? The only time I saw him was when he was stupidly stepping on someone's face for a 15 yard penalty.

C. Matthews. Who?

Daniels. Idiot penalty that changed a 3 and out to a scoring drive for the Redskins. Leaders need to lead, not hurt our team.

Super-Duds
Jeff Janis.
Jeff single-handedly almost allowed the Redskins to recover their "on-sides" kick at the 2 yard line. Was Jeff day dreaming or something? Did he not have time to get under that kick-- you know, the one that sailed for about 50 yards? Why is this guy on the team? Really? He wouldn't make the Browns roster.

Def back #1. Doesn't matter what his name is. He doesn't belong on the field in this league.

Def back #2. Doesn't matter what his name is. He doesn't belong on the field in this league.

Def back #3. Doesn't matter what his name is. He doesn't belong on the field in this league.

Safety #1. I would give this guy a name, as he had a good year or two, but lately, I don't think he belongs in this league.

Safety #2. Needs to learn how to tackle. Until then, I will continue to give him a nameless number.

Extra-Super-Incredible Duds
McCarthy.
Even though I think he had a reasonable game plan, the buck stops with him. This team is horribly prepared and mentally not ready to play in the NFL. That's the Head Coach's job.

Capers. I understand that he is playing with a bunch of nameless walk-ons, but he is clearly incapable of working with these low-end players to pull together anything reminiscent of the Bad News Bears. In the Hollywood film, the coach found a way to pull it all together. Not happening here. Sorry that you drew the short straw, Dom, but the buck stops with you, too.

Ted T. It was cool for a while to "be the team" that undrafted players preferred. But, now, all those UDFAs aren't amounting to much. The talent on this team is simply no longer there.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing for me, I actually get AR's attitude and why and how it has evolved. He just didn't wake up one morning and say "I'm going to be a first class A-Hole" to these guys. His frustrations have been building for a long time and began reflecting in his play when they built up too high. I'm not forgiving the way he has handled things, but he is a human being with a real talent, but maybe just too high of expectations for his teammates to consistently perform at his level.

Yeah it's definitely not all on him, I think what we are seeing now is the consistent misses in the draft accumulating over time. In the last 5 years we have lost Collins, Jennings, JJ, Woodson, Williams, AJ, Driver... Solid players when they were in. And there just haven't been a good answer for replacements.

But to play devils advocate here, A-Rod's level of play has dropped as well, and if you are going to lead by example and hold others accountable you need to play nearly flawless or the whole system breaks.

I hope we do get to see him back to having fun, and playing. But from what I see, it likely won't be this year.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. No team, especially one that prides itself on draft and develop (joke's on us) should be depending almost solely on its QB to consistently play to perfection and singlehandedly put up 50 pts a game to overcome a horrible defense and to provide all the leadership the team needs. How about complementary players to help him play to perfection? What QB in his place and with his standards wouldn't be frustrated? Where is the leadership on defense? There's been little to none since Woodson left. Meanwhile, TT, MM and DC get a never-expiring free pass as long as there are players (TT's picks by the way) to point fingers at and the injuries excuse. What are they doing to make a noticeable difference? I feel like I'm watching the same game every single week, continuing from early LAST season. These world-class guys can't come up with anything at all? And the fans should just accept that?

I attended the game last night and up until the fumble thought we had a chance to pull this one out. The energy was there, but it seems the demoralization of this team by its opponents is more than they can handle, especially once the inevitable defensive meltdown is complete and the hole has been dug too deep. Foolish penalties again this week didn't do them any favors either. But that's what you get with youth and inexperience and that's what the guys in charge want for this team. Good for them. They have no problem living with it. More power to 'em.

Last edited:

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud-Ted Thompson for failing to put any talent around Rodgers and wasting away the best years of his career. He's the most overrated GM in the game whom is living off Rodgers falling into his lap in the draft. Don't believe me? Look at the Packers record when Rodgers doesn't play. It's bad. Without Rodgers the Packers make the playoffs maybe two times since 2008. They are consistently a 4 or 5 win team without him. That's on Teddy.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should have started Spriggs at Guard. Barclay was just manhandled by Baker plain and simple. No reason Barclay should be on roster. Having Barclay on our team is like losing 2 good men.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud-Ted Thompson for failing to put any talent around Rodgers and wasting away the best years of his career. He's the most overrated GM in the game whom is living off Rodgers falling into his lap in the draft. Don't believe me? Look at the Packers record when Rodgers doesn't play. It's bad. Without Rodgers the Packers make the playoffs maybe two times since 2008. They are consistently a 4 or 5 win team without him. That's on Teddy.
I agree, however I do get a little tired of people saying "look at the record when Rodgers doesn't play" That is a very small sample size in a very specific time and situation. However as I said I still agree with you.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

Latest posts