studs & duds: redskins

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That Washington player who ripped the cheesehead hat in half.
My god what a stud for doing that!
Here, have a pencil. I wanna see you break that you macho man you.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Janis always looks super confused if things don't happen exactly how you'd expect.

I agree, the only thing Janis had going for him was speed. Once other teams recognized this and adapted for it. The guy is a liability on all aspects of special teams, provides nothing on offense. Sadly, he is the least of the Packers problems.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Studs: Traveling D C Packerfans
Duds: OC,DC mediocre secondary, mediocre play, medoicre team,
We have a receiver as a running back don't we? Why not put one in as a defensive back to cover receivers who always seem to beat these sorry Dbacks deep.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
We have a receiver as a running back don't we? Why not put one in as a defensive back to cover receivers who always seem to beat these sorry Dbacks deep.

rumor has it that MM walked up to Jacob Schum after the game and asked him if he has any experience playing CB. :coffee:

Last edited:

James Johnson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First post on this site, so forgive me if I do this wrong.

Studs: rodgers, making trash into a potential win going into the 4th every single game

Duds: the entire freaking d. ( 3Rd aND 12? Ha, we'll play off the receiver's 15 yards)

This is pathetic. I've been reading from the peanut gallery on this site for a long time, had to finally join because I'm 8 blue moons into the night. I remember watching the 2012 playoff loss to the 49ers thinking "Dom capers sucks" and "why aren't they adjusting the d!?!" "He should be fired! "

Well here we are, 2016. Consistently giving up 30 to 40 points a game and some people still make excuses for injuries and what not. No, this is bad coaching. Dom capers is crap, he was crap in Houston, he's crap in green bay. This season is all but lost. That was the most pathetic game I've seen all year, it's ******** ridiculous to give up that many big plays OVER and OVER. . Jesus,we have to score 50 to win a freaking game. 4 and 6, and I can't believe I wasted money to buy tickets and fly to green bay on Dec 4th to watch the game. Some how the pack will give up 35+ points and 450 yards to brock and the Texans while I'm there. Pathetic. This is worse that when buffalo gave up 600+ yards in back to back games a few years ago. Hell. At least they were smart enough to make a change. We just keep rolling with it. I really thought this was it, I've watched brutal payoff losses and walked away bitter but still proud of our guys, this year I'm just mad, mad at the coaching and mad at another wasted year on what could have potentially been the greatest qb we've ever watched. Rodgers is once in a lifetime, and he's suffocating...end rant. ...

Last edited:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gee, and I thought football was family?

I realize you had a few, maybe too many beers, but the name calling of each other is a no-no around here.

I'll leave it up to the mods to decide if that crosses a line.
I was going to post something along the lines of I agree with this post... too bad that one line about "dummies" had to be included.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was going to post something along the lines of I agree with this post... too bad that one line about "dummies" had to be included.
A lot of us, myself included, are frustrated with this team.
However, I'm letting go of this season.
That is the choice we can make.
Stay invested or let go.
One will keep on making one mad and the other might not so much.

As far as the injury excuse, well, even Collinsworthless pointed that out.
But I think it's a lot of factors. A lot of things are wrong and I have no clue where to start to fix.

James Johnson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apologies for the dummies comment, it was over the line, just frustrated with the season and other comments in other threads.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Thing that was pointed out the most about our dud Dbacks was the QB rating about them what was it 112-148 this should be posted in Capers office wall...

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You make a few statements I agree with in the beginning, but unfortunately, you always seem to decend into a ranting tirade that makes me skip past many of your posts. I will never wish for the Packers to lose (or give up 40 points). As far as hoping Rodger's requesting a trade so you can somehow feel better... well... whatever.

Skip on buddy.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike had to basically ask the reporters to ask him a question.lol I guess they are tired of the same old answers as are we

GB2016

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud... HA HA Clinton-Dix. I can't understand how he's no where to be found when people are running free in the deep patterns. When I do see him on the screen he always seems to be crashing or giving help to the wrong side of the field or to a guy that doesn't need it. Also, for being a safety, I haven't seen him deliver any kind of hit on a receiver going over the middle or deep. This has been going on for weeks and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. The safety is the last line of defense for the deep ball and his play has been unacceptable. Hope to seen some change there...can't be much worse that what were seeing.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Very underwhelmed by the play of our safeties this year. Burnett and Dix do not mesh well. I think at least one of them needs to not be on next year's roster. Just one of the many problems in the 16 season. It looks like we are done. I don't see this team making a sudden turnaround. I think some on the team are throwing in the towel.

mongoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud: Any "Packer fan" who wants the Packers to keep losing so someone is fired.

I've seen that in the shout box and in comment sections around the web the last two weeks.

How any fan can actually want that is beyond me.

Which is why i dont go to shoutbox much anymore. Too much whining in there.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
A. Rodgers, I guess. Nice QB rating, made some nice throws. Missed a couple, too, but he played well enough. First three series of three-and-out put the Packers in a hole.

Semi-studs:
Ripkowski
Adams
Cobb
Cook
Martinez?

Duds:

all the DBs. Clinton-Dix and Burnett are mediocre players. Hyde is just below mediocre. The rest are terrible. To be fair, they are supposed to be backups. Injuries have absolutely killed us on defense, especially at CB.

Capers: ill-advised blitzing on third and long. You can't blitz if your corners can't cover.

Ted Thompson: failed to provide the team with even one shutdown corner over the last several seasons. Shields -- yes, pretty decent when healthy -- but he's never healthy, and Thompson should have known that the next concussion was probably a career-ender. So in free agency/trading we get . . . nothing to help out the defensive backfield.

Barclay. He isn't even good enough to be a back-up. Cutting Sitton has now come back to bite the Packers.

Packers fans have been somewhat spoiled -- making the playoffs has almost been a given for most of the Favre/Rodgers era. No longer. This team would possibly/probably make the playoffs if every single man was healthy for the entire season. But that doesn't ever happen in the NFL. Injuries took us from being somewhat above average in the league to demonstrably below average.

It was a nice run.

James Johnson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you still come, then I hope you get your monies worth.

Enjoy the trip and have a safe one.

Oh I'll be there, and I'm going to love it. Went to the season opener in Jacksonville, heading up there in a few weeks, it's going to be great. Just so much frustration last night mixed with to many beers, regretting that this morning.

Members online

Latest posts