Stud n dud boys

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Almost forgot:

STUD: David Bakhtiari for admittedly going against medical advice and toughing out the last couple possessions after likely spraining his knee. Without his return, it's unlikely we win. He's a warrior.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're missing the point. Not every player in the NFL is a Pro Bowl talent. To expect them all to be is completely unrealistic. The kid is playing hard. Why aren't you out there if everyone is to be expected to have the same level of ability? Expectations have to be tempered with reality and when a guy is surpassing expectations it should be recognized as such even if that still isn't the level of an all-star.

Oh I get the point alright. I'm definitely not expecting Gunter to perform like an all star. He's playing exactly how I expect an undrafted free agent who runs a 4.6 to perform...and that's the issue. That and he's covering #1's.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randall was awesome during his rookie season but man he had another stinker today.

Sophomore slump, it's a thing for a couple of reasons.

Also we played off a lot more today, I barely saw any bump n run coverage and IMHO that could have had something to do with Burnett's absense.

Last edited:

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He had a sure sack but was blatantly held on a 3rd down conversion. You can only do so much when the opposing team's OL is exempt from the rules.

I saw one play where he was held but for the most part the lt didn't need to hold clay because he kept trying the same speed rush. The lt just let Clay go up field and dak was able to sit in the pocket and the flush to the opening if needed. Clay also had a brutal missed tackle and other times where he didn't set the edge well. All well being single teamed the entire game. At least Perry had a sack and a huge batted down pass at the end of the game

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very proud of this team! Rodgers is clutch, Cook is becoming invaluable, Adams is really developing into something nice, the offensive line can block their ***** off, Montgomery adds a very dynamic weapon to the offense, Nick Perry and Peppers are having a solid postseason, and Crosby is kicking lights out.

My only beef is with Randall for getting torched all day long AND looking lost. He's a super streaky player.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats. Rogers is incredible. Great game.
Good luck next week
See you next year.

The Cowboys have an impressive young football team, and it took everything GB had to win what was one of the best games ever played in this rivalry. Dallas is a team on the rise, so you should be proud about what they did this year and optimistic about what they can do next year.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: the packers

Duds:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

15m15 minutes ago
Skip Bayless ‏@RealSkipBayless
No idea how, if you rush only 3 on the third-and-long, Byron Jones leaves Jared Cook wide open the sideline for easy pitch and catch.

"Easy pitch and catch"?

Can he do it?

This guy's elevator doesn't go all the way to the top.

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers. Best QB. Ever.
Crosby.
Hyde.
Cook.
Monty.
Flatout refused to let Capers give it away.

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Cowboys have an impressive young football team, and it took everything GB had to win what was one of the best games ever played in this rivalry. Dallas is a team on the rise, so you should be proud about what they did this year and optimistic about what they can do next year.
Packers may be younger than Cowpies.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh I get the point alright. I'm definitely not expecting Gunter to perform like an all star. He's playing exactly how I expect an undrafted free agent who runs a 4.6 to perform...and that's the issue. That and he's covering #1's.
So your complaint is that the roster does not have elite starting caliber talent at the 3rd string level?

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game was UNREAL! I truly thought that we were going to get a classic Packers choke, but this team stuck together!

Studs: MASON CROSBY, Jared Cook, Ty, Rodgers (first half was dominance)
They really did. Fought like hell the entire game.

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That 4 million looks very well spent on the veteran Crosby... McCarthy has trust in him because they grew together like MM and Rodgers did. One shanked kick today and it a whole lot more what ifs for the memory....studs.
Cook, and Hyde earned a raise and a re-up today IMO...studs. Perry seemed to be the only one to be able to get pressure...stud.

Duds.
Spriggs looked really weak in the two plays I watched. Got blown up both times...
Randall struggled all day. Not aggressive. Not in position. no big plays...
Burnett taking himself and gunter out instead of coming in and destroying the wr like safetys are supposed to. we needed burnett out there today.
I thought the coverage was better actually. But Capers 2-4 run D almost gave it away in the 4th quarter. O refused to lose.

Vince Lombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Rodgers - The legend grows
Cook - Great game & great catch
Ty - All around solid game
Bahktari - Stud just for coming back with knee.
Crosby - Clutch clutch clutch

Duds

Mathews - Hello $14 Million a year, justify it!
Refs - The refs have been bad all throughout the playoffs but it appeared the refs yesterday were blind also. How could they possibly miss those holding calls against Adams? The first one they practically pulled his jersey off.

H

HardRightEdge

Sophomore slump, it's a thing for a couple of reasons.

Also we played off a lot more today, I barely saw any bump n run coverage and IMHO that could have had something to do with Burnett's absense.
Burnett's absence was part of it. The bigger factor was trying to defend the run while playing nickel all day. Lots of single coverage on the perimeter yesterday which is why you did not see much press coverage.

Randall "looked" terrific early in his rookie season because, inexplicably, opponents didn't throw at him in the first 3 or 4 games. After the game saver against San Diego in week 6 there has been a steady slide.

You know, Randall played just a little CB in college, and it wasn't because he was especially good at...it was because the guy he replaced was clueless, which is saying something against college competition. He's had to learn corner technique on the job in the NFL. That's no easy task. The injuries have not been helpful. He overplays his outside technique and gets beat underneath; he overplays inside technique and gets turned around. He's susceptible to double moves. He's not trusted to use press technique one-on-one unless they play for the jail break blitz and the quick throw blitz read by the QB. The default cover up is playing him off into a backpedal leaving a lot of separation.

There's also the question of whether he's got a grasp of the defensive "scheme" as it were. I put "scheme" in quotes because it's not as though you would expect top side help coming out of the huddle, but at times would expect it based on the post snap read where instincts meet practice and study. Call it "chemistry". When Randall gets beat over the top, he invariably expresses complaint at not getting the top side help. While sometimes that may well be Dix's fault, hanging around in the middle of the field looking for work, but you'd have to think that's on Randall in most cases.

He's got the talent and he'll eventually be a respectable perimeter corner if he can stay on the field by dint of health and tolerable performance. Study and practice is all fine and good. But there is simply no substitute for learning in real game situations. That's a very big part of "draft and develop". The develop doesn't happen unless the guy can get snaps and build on them (see Brice as an example). Randall is getting a lot of rope because he's a first round pick and because of the injuries. For now, he needs to prevent giving up the big play, and that may be enough if the offense keeps rolling.

I've said it many times and I'll say it again: his natural position is old school ball hawking free safety. Some claim he's not physical enough for the position. That would be the case if you're inclined to alternate your safeties coming up in the box as Capers does or you count on your free safety to intimidate as with Earl Thomas. KC doesn't play that way; Eric Berry is not a particularly physical guy. Same deal with Jarius Byrd in Buffalo before he was injured. Even Dix doesn't blow guys up; he's pretty much an ankle biter in the open field.

I gave this pick a D grade at the time it was made. Not because Randall's a bad player. It's because you can't afford to wait around for 5 years (as with Perry) to see him earn his draft status after a change of position. But that's water under the bridge and a question for the offseason.

Right now, just keep outscoring them, baby!

Last edited by a moderator:

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Check out this YouTube video. A short but a really funny clip that clearly illustrates the definition of a "bandwagon fan"...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!