OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
No one was naming many specific duds.
So, um, yeah. I guess I am THAT guy...
That fase mask play.

At the time I commented thats hard to avoid that.

If that is all u can ***** about....good.

But this is something that shouldn't be brought up

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That fase mask play.

At the time I commented thats hard to avoid that.

If that is all u can ***** about....good.

But this is something that shouldn't be brought up
I'd agree with you if he would have just taken his hand off the mask. Probably wouldn't have gotten flagged.
I don't think the sideline was pleased either.

This defense has problems getting off the field as it is.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
How does a guy go from woefully inaccurate to nearly Rodgers-in-his-prime level precision? In half a season? I don't know, but wow!
You answered your own question.
Good route running,

The OL has silently become one of the best in the league.
You need to watch Mike Wahle's youtube analysis of this game. JL10 makes the OL and TEs blocking look much better at times than it is more often than not. Someone always seemed to get beat.
Not saying you are a stan.
A what?

chemist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watson had 1 catch and Reed had zero..it is AMAZING that they can play that well when their top guy has 0 catches..and their supposed to be top guy has 1 catch..yet..they score 41 points!!
That's the point. We don't have A top guy. We have MANY top guys.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I'm absolutely blown away. For the life of me I have no idea what is going on. I said before the game that statistically the Packers have no business even completing with Dallas. However, McMuffin was puckering so hard he could crack macadamia nuts.

Just studs all across the board. What a job MLF has done with this team. He weathered the storm and didn't make knee jerk reactions. Everyone knows I would have yanked Love before the bye week and went with Clifford after. This is why I'm a dude with a keyboard sitting in Appleton. He steadied the ship and let the team grow together. Both Love and that receiving corp. have no ego at the current time. Reed had zero catches and Doubs tore it up. Reed is on audio during the game giving Jones love and saying he is going to block his *** off for him. Doubs got excited, but did you see what he did on his last TD catch? Tossed the ball and ran to the sidelines. They truly don't care who gets the catches as long as they win. I have no complaints about this game or this team. The future is bright. And... How bout them Cowboys?!?

MLF said he pulled the starters too early. Maybe he could have left them in another series. They weren't coming back. That was all empty stats.

49ers will be tough. GPG!

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm absolutely blown away. For the life of me I have no idea what is going on. I said before the game that statistically the Packers have no business even completing with Dallas. However, McMuffin was puckering so hard he could crack macadamia nuts.

Just studs all across the board. What a job MLF has done with this team. He weathered the storm and didn't make knee jerk reactions. Everyone knows I would have yanked Love before the bye week and went with Clifford after. This is why I'm a dude with a keyboard sitting in Appleton. He steadied the ship and let the team grow together. Both Love and that receiving corp. have no ego at the current time. Reed had zero catches and Doubs tore it up. Reed is on audio during the game giving Jones love and saying he is going to block his *** off for him. Doubs got excited, but did you see what he did on his last TD catch? Tossed the ball and ran to the sidelines. They truly don't care who gets the catches as long as they win. I have no complaints about this game or this team. The future is bright. And... How bout them Cowboys?!?

MLF said he pulled the starters too early. Maybe he could have left them in another series. They weren't coming back. That was all empty stats.

49ers will be tough. GPG!
Dude with a keyboard in Appleton..... Lol
An apt description for all of us.

It's important for all of us to remember that there is a whole nuther world going on inside the confines of 1265 Lombardi that we aren't privy to.

PS - If they have some intern monitoring our crazy babbling, they must find us amusing at best.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
However our OL has elevated into a very good level in several area. Particularly in limiting Sacks, in Pass Protect and Run blocking.

While I do think the OL has been doing a good job, I also think Love deserves some of the credit. He seems to have become a lot more comfortable in the pocket. He also seems to have a better sense as to where the pressure is at and is able to move away from it. Rodgers was an absolute master at this and Love learned it well. Love also has younger legs than his predecessor, so that is an even bigger bonus.

I know a lot of fans wondered why the Packers drafted Love, but so many things are falling into place with him this season. I don't think we would have seen that happen with a Rookie QB (selected mid 1st round or later), that had his feet put to the fire immediately by being thrust into a starting role too soon. Guessing Jordan wasn't all that thrilled to ride the pine for 3 seasons, but I think it has paid off big. I also look at the QB's selected in the last 3 drafts, given where the Packers were drafting, besides getting lucky and drafting Brock Purdy, who would have been better than Love?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
......and a ton of empty seats.

I couldn't help but think how many Cowboy fans were halfway home, listening to the end of the game on the radio and thinking "Did I just miss the most unbelievable comeback in sports history?" Nahhh....don't worry Cowboy Fans....your boys let you down again.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Several people have made good points on the +s and -s of bleeding the clock. Just watching love closely yesterday I felt he had a close eye on that clock all the time and did a masterful job of burning as many seconds as possible while still keeping us moving down the field.
Yeah, I don't think there is a problem with Love being able to burn clock, when it comes to protecting a big lead or getting to the half.

I also would agree that Love has gotten pretty good at getting to the LOS, looking at the play clock and knowing pretty well where he is at. Rodgers was a master at playing chess at the LOS and sometimes I think it ended up costing the team 5 yards or a TO, because he played just a little bit too long. While it frustrates me when that happens, I figure 5 yards or at worse a TO, might be better than a rushed play, bad snap, sack, fumble, int. etc.

Where I get frustrated is when the play and or new personnel are late getting in and by the time Love and the Packers break the huddle, they are under 10 seconds. That shouldn't happen.

chemist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think there is a problem with Love being able to burn clock, when it comes to protecting a big lead or getting to the half.

I also would agree that Love has gotten pretty good at getting to the LOS, looking at the play clock and knowing pretty well where he is at. Rodgers was a master at playing chess at the LOS and sometimes I think it ended up costing the team 5 yards or a TO, because he played just a little bit too long. While it frustrates me when that happens, I figure 5 yards or at worse a TO, might be better than a rushed play, bad snap, sack, fumble, int. etc.

Where I get frustrated is when the play and or new personnel are late getting in and by the time Love and the Packers break the huddle, they are under 10 seconds. That shouldn't happen.
A good point on players getting to the huddle late. I would think that is a sideline coaching or coordinator issue. While the Offense is running a play on the field the next play should be ready to go and the personnel should be lined up, much like they do in a high school play where the characters in the next act are just off stage ready to go on.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
A stan is someone that is an obsessive fan of something (usually a celeb/band). I hear it all the time from my daughter in relation to K-pop.
aka groupie?

While the Offense is running a play on the field the next play should be ready to go and the personnel should be lined up,
Is that why we see a dive play on 2 & 12 because the play caller called the play before the holding penalty was announced?

Last edited:

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You answered your own question.

You need to watch Mike Wahle's youtube analysis of this game. JL10 makes the OL and TEs blocking look much better at times than it is more often than not. Someone always seemed to get beat.

A what?
A stan = stalker + fan

It's used a lot on X and other SM

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
While I do think the OL has been doing a good job, I also think Love deserves some of the credit. He seems to have become a lot more comfortable in the pocket. He also seems to have a better sense as to where the pressure is at and is able to move away from it. Rodgers was an absolute master at this and Love learned it well. Love also has younger legs than his predecessor, so that is an even bigger bonus.

I know a lot of fans wondered why the Packers drafted Love, but so many things are falling into place with him this season. I don't think we would have seen that happen with a Rookie QB (selected mid 1st round or later), that had his feet put to the fire immediately by being thrust into a starting role too soon. Guessing Jordan wasn't all that thrilled to ride the pine for 3 seasons, but I think it has paid off big. I also look at the QB's selected in the last 3 drafts, given where the Packers were drafting, besides getting lucky and drafting Brock Purdy, who would have been better than Love?
Bingo. Gutekunst and his staff had Love targeted all along imo in hopes he would fall far enough for them to go get him.

Remember, Gutekunst told Rodgers in February 2020 that he might draft a QB.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have to recognize another emerging facet of Love's "mastery," and yes I used that word purposefully. We saw the offense burn timeouts earlier this season, trying to get the players lined up, the line calls made, and the ball snapped in time. I can't remember the last time that we had to waste a timeout because the offense didn't have it's slit together. Rodgers used to burn timeouts in frustration, almost as if to teach some young WR a lesson. I'm so glad that assholery type of behavior is gone.

Getting to the end of each half with all three of your timeouts available can be the difference between a win and a loss. Love is doing all of the little things to make sure that we don't waste timeouts and are ready for anything at the end of the halves.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bingo. Gutekunst and his staff had Love targeted all along imo in hopes he would fall far enough for them to go get him.

...and that goes back to the BPA draft strategy. Surely we needed better WRs and other positions, but you can't overlook a transformative player just because you have needs elsewhere.

I will be clear though, even though Gutekunst targeted Love at that point there was nobody convinced of his trajectory. He was a project with Mahomes-type of ability, with an uneven track record. This was a gamble no matter how anyone tries to spin history. Of course, it was a great gamble that paid off. That's what the best do, is they take chances and get it right more often than not.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
A good point on players getting to the huddle late. I would think that is a sideline coaching or coordinator issue. While the Offense is running a play on the field the next play should be ready to go and the personnel should be lined up, much like they do in a high school play where the characters in the next act are just off stage ready to go on.
I agree and I think that is one pitfall of having your HC calling the plays. He has a ton on his plate and has to act fast when it comes to substitutions, injuries, play call, etc. Hard to argue against MLF's play calling abilities after Sunday though.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the Packers OC, Adam Stenavich coaches from the sidelines? Do they have Offensive coaches that influence the play calling up in the box with headsets on?

What I wouldn't give to have to be able to listen into the coaches headphones for just 1 game, to see how a game is called. ESPN or someone should run an old game film (years ago, so no secrets are leaked), with the audio only being what coaches are hearing on both sidelines. I would watch/listen to it.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Yup and it very well could turn out that Gute actually drafted one of the best QB's in the last 4 drafts, late in round 1.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
What I wouldn't give to have to be able to listen into the coaches headphones for just 1 game, to see how a game is called. ESPN or someone should run an old game film (years ago, so no secrets are leaked), with the audio only being what coaches are hearing on both sidelines. I would watch/listen to it.
They need to get to Belichek's old files. I'm sure they'd find some of the oppositions' head sets recorded.

Members online

Latest posts