Cowboy studs n duds...kicker doesn't count

Reaction score
MVP is for the regular season only. That ship has sailed this year.
Good point.
I don’t think any player could’ve done more with less than Jordan Love. That’s not an insult to his team, but he’s elevated the entire spectrum of our roster imo. Jordan should 100% be in conversation for the second half MVP. He’s overcome difficult odds and inspired, surprised and nailed the second half of season. I’ve been an avid defender of Love since day 1, however he’s far surpassed what I thought he could do. He literally looks like a cross between Favre and Rodgers, wrist flick and all.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Good point.
I don’t think any player could’ve done more with less than Jordan Love. That’s not an insult to his team, but he’s elevated the entire spectrum of our roster imo. Jordan should 100% be in conversation for the second half MVP. He’s overcome difficult odds and inspired, surprised and nailed the second half of season

Hate to always bring Rodgers back into the conversation, but one does have to wonder what this team would have done this season, had he been the QB. I can see it going 1 of 2 ways. Much like last season, he gets frustrated with the young receiving group and the Packers finish 6-11. Or, he embraces the new group of receivers, sees a whole new window opening up and guides the Packers to another 13 win season.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Good point.
I don’t think any player could’ve done more with less than Jordan Love. That’s not an insult to his team, but he’s elevated the entire spectrum of our roster imo. Jordan should 100% be in conversation for the second half MVP. He’s overcome difficult odds and inspired, surprised and nailed the second half of season. I’ve been an avid defender of Love since day 1, however he’s far surpassed what I thought he could do. He literally looks like a cross between Favre and Rodgers, wrist flick and all.
Side point, this is why I've never been a fan of Fields and don't understand the obsession with him. He never has elevated the play of his teammates around him. He's a one read and run guy. It's really about him. Sorry to go out of scope.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hate to always bring Rodgers back into the conversation, but one does have to wonder what this team would have done this season, had he been the QB. I can see it going 1 of 2 ways. Much like last season, he gets frustrated with the young receiving group and the Packers finish 6-11. Or, he embraces the new group of receivers, sees a whole new window opening up and guides the Packers to another 13 win season.
What's the second way? I'm not sure what the last sentence means, but it certainly isn't a way things might have gone with AR. :) Plus, even if the team does make the playoffs, they fall flat.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
What's the second way? I'm not sure what the last sentence means, but it certainly isn't a way things might have gone with AR. :) Plus, even if the team does make the playoffs, they fall flat.
I was trying to give the man the benefit of the doubt. ;)

I guess a 3rd outcome might have been, on the 4th snap of the season, he goes down with a season ending injury.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yes, the 'girls got some favorable calls but so did we. IMO the worst one was the "horse collar" flag on Quay. There were a couple of times the zebras missed DPI on us.
They were also allowing late hits on Love in the early going, there were 2 that I saw. That said, as @longtimefan pointed out, every game has its share of bad calls, you just hope that over the 60 minutes, they even out.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They were also allowing late hits on Love in the early going, there were 2 that I saw. That said, as @longtimefan pointed out, every game has its share of bad calls, you just hope that over the 60 minutes, they even out.

Seems to me that refs have really been hesitant to call late hits on QBs in the playoffs. Even outside of Love there are a few that were questionable (like Stafford getting lit up by 2 guys. 1st hit was pretty clean. 2nd one seems really late). Been others that seem like if it was the regular season would have been flagged, but for whatever reason in the playoffs they are letting it go.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a feeling Love will be getting more of these calls next year. The league and refs won't say it but the top QBs seem to be "protected" more than your garden variety QB.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anyone else notice Kenny's hand with a pretty good tape job/ cast on it? Saw it on the play where he got the 16 yd face mask penalty.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice Kenny's hand with a pretty good tape job/ cast on it? Saw it on the play where he got the 16 yd face mask penalty.
I'm assuming it was just that, a good tape job. He wasn't listed on any injury reports before the game, nor was he talked about as being injured after the game.

I went back and watched some of the Bear's game and Clark had the same tape job, on both hands.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I've watched this a couple times. He admits that it's all he has is watching the Packers lose.
I watched it a few times too....pretty funny.

How about these siblings on Sunday? At least it looks like Mom and Dad are both Packer fans.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

Latest posts