Cowboy studs n duds...kicker doesn't count

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I watched it a few times too....pretty funny.

How about these siblings on Sunday? At least it looks like Mom and Dad are both Packer fans.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
The Cowboys fan might just change his mind. :cool:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Maybe not. My oldest was a Tampa fan for most of his life. They were decently good when he was young. My daughter is now a Ravens fan. I think it's the logo and college rebellion.
Speaking of Tampa Bay, pretty impressive that 3 of the 4 teams still in the NFC playoffs, are all from the old NFC Central Division.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Speaking of Tampa Bay, pretty impressive that 3 of the 4 teams still in the NFC playoffs, are all from the old NFC Central Division.
Wasn't it like 93 or '94 that 4 of the 6 playoff teams were NFCC teams? I recall the media saying they were just competing to see who gets slaughtered by Dallas and SF, who both had the bye.

ETA, it was '94 season and that is exactly what happened.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now, Jordan is the best QB in this game; right now, our collection of weapons is better than the Cowboys'.

I expect the defense to struggle and I expect the offense to dominate. I expect to win.

That said, I would not be at all surprised if we lost.

Proved prophetic and true, though I never could have imagined witnessing what we witnessed on Sunday night.

Brief story time if you'll indulge me; if not, scroll down to the studs and duds. On January 15, 2011, as a young lad attending a video game tournament in New York, I had to find somewhere to watch the Packers play the #1-seeded Atlanta Falcons in the divisional round of the NFL playoffs. I watch just about every snap, and I definitely don't miss playoff games. I sat at the bar of a Chili's, with no Packers attire on whatsoever, hardly able to contain my excitement and barely comprehending what I was witnessing, which was still the greatest quarterback performance I have ever seen. Rodgers was in complete command, escaping, firing lasers with pinpoint precision, running, showing the belt, demoralizing the Falcons to the tune of 48-21. Throw in a Tramon Williams pick-6 on the final play of the first half, and I could not hide my glee. I was laughing out loud, shaking my head, and could not stop smiling at the sheer and utter domination that I witnessed. Fast forward 13 years...

On Sunday, I had just finished a workout in New Hampshire. I planned to go home to watch the game, but intense snow squalls, high winds, and limited visibility forced me to take refuge at a local Buffalo Wild Wings, which I have never been a fan of. Again, I donned no Packers attire, so no one in the establishment was aware that I sat there clandestinely obsessed with every single snap. I was confident of course, but never in my wildest dreams could I have anticipated the avalanche of obliteration that occurred. I sat there with a permanent grin on my face, laughing and shaking my head in disbelief. At scores like 27-0 and 48-16, I had to stare at the screen for several seconds at a time just to soak it in in disbelief. My texts and tweets went from, "Love is the truth," to "How is Love THIS good? Is this real life?" To "WTF is happening?!?!?" to "I guess Love is just the best player now." Just like Rodgers, Love took the spirit from the Cowboys with every amazing third down completion. It was almost unfair. The notable plays included the TD to Wicks (elite command, poise, and accuracy), the Savage pick-6 (reminiscent of Tramon), and the 4th-down TD that he snuck in to Doubs. All three of these, along with the score, had me smiling, laughing, shaking my head, and questioning reality. The point is, regardless of how this season ends, the feelings and circumstances surrounding these games were remarkably similar and redolent. I was in shock. I'm still in shock. Love is special. This team is special.

Stud

Love-I'd be willing to bet no player, at any position, has experienced such a stark and drastic turnaround in a season. He is in complete command of this offense, and he does his best work on third and fourth down. He never seems to panic anymore, just drifts back and lets the play develop. I could say so much more, go on and on, but you all know what you saw. NO ONE is playing better right now.

Doubs-Steady and reliable, best game of his career. With a few exceptions this year, I love how strong and sturdy his hands are at the catch point, some underrated YAC ability, too.

Wicks-Davante Jr. Going to be a stud

O-Line-Walker has been a revelation, starting to really create movement as a cohesive unit.

Jones-All if took was the absence of Dillon to FORCE MLF to use Jones and show MM how much he should have been using him. A shifty, swiftly accelerating beast with underrated power who is FINALLY healthy. He owns the Cowboys. AT&T Stadium is truly his house. Would still like to see more passing game work

MLF-The best game he has ever called, by far, bar none.

TEs-Two young studs, just like everywhere else on O.

Jaire-I hate on him a lot, but what a remarkable play that changed the game when it was still in the balance. For all that he is paid, shut up and make huge plays. He finally did. That was colossal.

Savage-Finally might have a reason to get that Savage jersey

Kenny Clark-Enough said, need more from the DL on Saturday, though.

Definitely missing some, but this was just unbelievable, incredible, euphoric, all of the above.

p.s. I made a friend in a Lacy jersey at BWW, and we are watching the game there this Saturday. Go Pack!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Proved prophetic and true, though I never could have imagined witnessing what we witnessed on Sunday night.

Brief story time if you'll indulge me; if not, scroll down to the studs and duds. On January 15, 2011, as a young lad attending a video game tournament in New York, I had to find somewhere to watch the Packers play the #1-seeded Atlanta Falcons in the divisional round of the NFL playoffs. I watch just about every snap, and I definitely don't miss playoff games. I sat at the bar of a Chili's, with no Packers attire on whatsoever, hardly able to contain my excitement and barely comprehending what I was witnessing, which was still the greatest quarterback performance I have ever seen. Rodgers was in complete command, escaping, firing lasers with pinpoint precision, running, showing the belt, demoralizing the Falcons to the tune of 48-21. Throw in a Tramon Williams pick-6 on the final play of the first half, and I could not hide my glee. I was laughing out loud, shaking my head, and could not stop smiling at the sheer and utter domination that I witnessed. Fast forward 13 years...

On Sunday, I had just finished a workout in New Hampshire. I planned to go home to watch the game, but intense snow squalls, high winds, and limited visibility forced me to take refuge at a local Buffalo Wild Wings, which I have never been a fan of. Again, I donned no Packers attire, so no one in the establishment was aware that I sat there clandestinely obsessed with every single snap. I was confident of course, but never in my wildest dreams could I have anticipated the avalanche of obliteration that occurred. I sat there with a permanent grin on my face, laughing and shaking my head in disbelief. At scores like 27-0 and 48-16, I had to stare at the screen for several seconds at a time just to soak it in in disbelief. My texts and tweets went from, "Love is the truth," to "How is Love THIS good? Is this real life?" To "WTF is happening?!?!?" to "I guess Love is just the best player now." Just like Rodgers, Love took the spirit from the Cowboys with every amazing third down completion. It was almost unfair. The notable plays included the TD to Wicks (elite command, poise, and accuracy), the Savage pick-6 (reminiscent of Tramon), and the 4th-down TD that he snuck in to Doubs. All three of these, along with the score, had me smiling, laughing, shaking my head, and questioning reality. The point is, regardless of how this season ends, the feelings and circumstances surrounding these games were remarkably similar and redolent. I was in shock. I'm still in shock. Love is special. This team is special.

Stud

Love-I'd be willing to bet no player, at any position, has experienced such a stark and drastic turnaround in a season. He is in complete command of this offense, and he does his best work on third and fourth down. He never seems to panic anymore, just drifts back and lets the play develop. I could say so much more, go on and on, but you all know what you saw. NO ONE is playing better right now.

Doubs-Steady and reliable, best game of his career. With a few exceptions this year, I love how strong and sturdy his hands are at the catch point, some underrated YAC ability, too.

Wicks-Davante Jr. Going to be a stud

O-Line-Walker has been a revelation, starting to really create movement as a cohesive unit.

Jones-All if took was the absence of Dillon to FORCE MLF to use Jones and show MM how much he should have been using him. A shifty, swiftly accelerating beast with underrated power who is FINALLY healthy. He owns the Cowboys. AT&T Stadium is truly his house. Would still like to see more passing game work

MLF-The best game he has ever called, by far, bar none.

TEs-Two young studs, just like everywhere else on O.

Jaire-I hate on him a lot, but what a remarkable play that changed the game when it was still in the balance. For all that he is paid, shut up and make huge plays. He finally did. That was colossal.

Savage-Finally might have a reason to get that Savage jersey

Kenny Clark-Enough said, need more from the DL on Saturday, though.

Definitely missing some, but this was just unbelievable, incredible, euphoric, all of the above.

p.s. I made a friend in a Lacy jersey at BWW, and we are watching the game there this Saturday. Go Pack!
Yup on the game against the Falcons. I said it (this game reminded me of going into Atlanta as big underdogs) before the Dallas game and was saying it over and over during it. The Savage pick 6 was just the icing on the memory. I was watching that Falcon game alone and started with a rum and coke. I am not a big drinker, but suddenly by the 3rd Quarter, I was not only wildly excited, I was drunk as a skunk. Surprised that I didn't get any police calls that day from all the screaming and celebrating.

Now, lets hope that the next 3 games are a repeat of that 2010 Season, one that anointed the conversations of Rodgers as a FHOF QB. I may have to dig out my old friend Captain Morgan on Saturday.

Members online

Latest posts