Stud n dud boys

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gunter is not the guy to be covering the other teams top wr...he's clearly just a body filling in at corner. There's absolutely nothing special about him...yet Randall who's a first round pick can't be trusted to do the job either smh. He got beat so many times this week and last that every time I see the Ball go near him I close my eyes.
Agreed about Randall.... but I have to wonder... does he have a body part that is not currently injured?

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed about Randall.... but I have to wonder... does he have a body part that is not currently injured?

His brain...but apparently it doesn't work either. That touchdown he gave up to Whitten was it for me. Just didn't even try smh. Not to mention the first downs he gave up.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His brain...but apparently it doesn't work either. That touchdown he gave up to Whitten was it for me. Just didn't even try smh. Not to mention the first downs he gave up.
I have to admit I used his name in vain several times including that Whitten TD, but I am still wondering ... hoping? that injuries are affecting his play.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Annoys me when people talk trash about Gunter. Kid was an undrafted free agent last season and was expected to come in and be our 4th cb, if that. He's been thrust into the number 1 role and has played his heart out and has done a decent job vs some marquee guys. Don't know where we'd be without Gunter this season.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Annoys me when people talk trash about Gunter. Kid was an undrafted free agent last season and was expected to come in and be our 4th cb, if that. He's been thrust into the number 1 role and has played his heart out and has done a decent job vs some marquee guys. Don't know where we'd be without Gunter this season.

I'm with ya on that one. I suspect we'll have plenty of opportunities to hate on him in the future, but for now, I'm just glad a 2nd year UDFA has been able to stop the bleeding enough for us to stay alive. So happy to have him.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Anyone know if Dez stuck around for the end of the game today?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Idk why. Should we give him a pass because of what you said? This is the NFL. No one going up against him is going to take it easy on him because he was thrust into the #1 role. In fact, Ryan is licking his chops at the fact that he is covering their #1. Randall is garbage too...i don't see you making excuses for him. But I hear you brother. I just don't agree.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I too think Gunter plays his heart out and does a damn good job.
Dud Capers for not moving Mathews around. I think I only saw it once or twice in the last quarter. And he got nowhere against the very good left tackle. Maybe there was one play at the end that looked like he got held. But all game long he got nowhere.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I too think Gunter plays his heart out and does a damn good job.
Dud Capers for not moving Mathews around. I think I only saw it once or twice in the last quarter. And he got nowhere against the very good left tackle. Maybe there was one play at the end that looked like he got held. But all game long he got nowhere.

Matthews even play in this game?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I forgot to mention one dud
Clay. He was awful today. Poor tackling. He tried the same outside speed rush the whole game and they kept letting him rush all the way around dak. Need him to get it together

He had a sure sack but was blatantly held on a 3rd down conversion. You can only do so much when the opposing team's OL is exempt from the rules.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Idk why. Should we give him a pass because of what you said? This is the NFL. No one going up against him is going to take it easy on him because he was thrust into the #1 role. In fact, Ryan is licking his chops at the fact that he is covering their #1. Randall is garbage too...i don't see you making excuses for him. But I hear you brother. I just don't agree.

How bout because of what is reasonably expected from a player? He's our #4-5 CB. No crap he's going to struggle if thrown against #1's. That doesn't make him garbage. There's a big freaking gap between " hes not a lock down #1 CB" and "garbage CB that shouldn't see the field and should be benched"

Should also point out Gunter allready did do a good job against Julio this season

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Not making excuses for Clay, I still think he isn't earning his salary and his contract is going to have to be looked at very closely in the off season, but....he has been playing with a separated AC joint in his left shoulder. An injury that limits his mobility and is most likely going to require offseason surgery. Is he doing a lot in the stat department since? Not really, but what other options do the Packers have? Also, give some credit to that Dallas OL, they showed why they are considered one of the best units in the NFL.

Complain about our defense, but at least give them some credit for keeping the Packers in the game for the first half and giving the offense the opportunity to do what they do best and get us out to a big lead.

We just beat the #1 seed in the NFC, in their house, I'm going to enjoy this one. Let's hope when the FA signing period starts, TT can use the Packers success and the possibility of a ring, to lure a top FA CB to come to GB.

Last edited:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like excuses to me PokerBrat. The last time he had a good game everyone was saying "see how he is when he is healthy?" The thing is...it was against a bad left tackle. I agree he needs to play. I just think it is wrong to waste him. Mix in Peppers and Perry at on the right side.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How bout because of what is reasonably expected from a player? He's our #4-5 CB. No crap he's going to struggle if thrown against #1's. That doesn't make him garbage. There's a big freaking gap between " hes not a lock down #1 CB" and "garbage CB that shouldn't see the field and should be benched"

Should also point out Gunter allready did do a good job against Julio this season

Haha ok man. Make sure to point out they doubled Julio while you're at as well tho.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha ok man. Make sure to point out they doubled Julio while you're at as well tho.

And they'll have a game plan again and the double Julio game plan isnt exclusive to Gunter covering him. The point is acting like he's a trash player because he's not a #1 CB is silly

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I should have made a special mention of a game stud nominee for Micah Hyde. A sack, the only INT, and a couple of good pass defenses.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're missing the point. Not every player in the NFL is a Pro Bowl talent. To expect them all to be is completely unrealistic. The kid is playing hard. Why aren't you out there if everyone is to be expected to have the same level of ability? Expectations have to be tempered with reality and when a guy is surpassing expectations it should be recognized as such even if that still isn't the level of an all-star.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Certainly a point. But almost the entire backfield was a stinker.

We were without Rollins and lost Burnett. The rest played as well as could be expected. Brice even had a chance at a big INT but remember there's a reason those guys aren't receivers on offense.

Members online

Latest posts