Packers vs Broncos thread

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Holy moly, just checked. This is true, were #1 in the nfl in opponent ppg. That's fantastic.
Yeah, I was so ticked yesterday when my Vikings gave the Lions 2 points on a safety just for more room to punt. I knew that would put the Packers in first place in PPG. Damn them. :)

DaveRoller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Denver's D has actually given up 20 fewer points than the Pack's D so just over a field goal less per game.

However, Peyton's 3 pick-6's also count in the points scored against column.

BigBluePride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game is being heavily promoted by NFL but I think Green Bay will win by 10 points. In 2015 Aaron Rodgers has been playing out of his mind and even on the weeks when he hasn't been SuperMan, the rest of your team is stepping up and making big plays happen to win the game.

I think the bigger game for you guys will be November 8th against Carolina Panthers. I think that will be a close game as well a good old fashioned hard nosed one. That Carolina Panther defense loves to hit hard.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Feels to me like the game will be decided by our defense, if were able to be opportunistic and do a little bit of duck hunting with Peyton's noodle arm.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I haven't watched the Panthers play a ton either but for whatever the reason they have turned a corner after week 13 of last season and have won 10 regular season games in a row, allowing an average of 15.3 points. I think it's fair to assume the Packers will face a better team than in week 7 of the 2014 season.

There getting great Linebacker and DL play especially in the Middle at LB. They have two guys that can fly around in there and make plays. Kam Newton is playing much better when games are on the line and Stewart is scrapping for yards. IMO Carolina is the tougher opponent as well.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a little worried about our road offense for this one. We haven't put up more than 27 points to a team not named the Chicago Bears since week 15 of 2013. The defense might have to play lights out for us to win.

Last edited:

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We haven't lost to them since 1999. That day we lost 31-3 in Mile high. That year we finished 8-8 and the Ray Rhodes era ended fast.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
With the quality of the Denver D IMO a lot will depend on whether we see the Aaron Rodgers who we've been accustomed to seeing. And that may depend in part on how much pass rush pressure Denver can get up the middle. BTW, it's great that the Packers D is on top of the scoring D list right now (even if it's by a sliver), but Denver's D is giving up a full yard less per play: They're tough. But the Packers have a decided advantage at QB.

Reaction score
My gut tells me that if we can get at least 2 of these 3 players back in our D mix, it will prove to be a noticeable factor in stifling their offense.. (Perry, Raji and Morgan).
I will be emphatic if Davante is back and makes at least 1 catch that shows he's healthy in the 1st qtr (e.g, a minimal catch shows he has yards after ability .. Denver will not be able to mitigate the damage of potential offense put up by the trio of Jones, Davante and Cobb on a regular basis. I predict Denver will force AR to throw short routes while their D employs regular 5-6 man rushes.

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
... I predict Denver will force AR to throw short routes while their D employs regular 5-6 man rushes.
I really fear an offensive game plan to prove all is back to normal. In that I'd expect to see a lot of 5-7 step drops and the long ball called for regularly. MM can be stubborn that way sometimes. This'll be the WTF game.:tdown: I hope I am wrong in this.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reports this week out of Denver say Mannings arm strength was helped by the week rest. When the Packers face a decent qb they get gashed. Even Smith from KC had a big game facing the porous pass defense. This game reminds me of the Buffalo game last year. The Packers main goal is to keep Rodgers healthy. If he is taking a ton of hits I wouldn't be upset if the Packers just ran the ball and took a loss to preserve the season.

D

Deleted member 6794

Given how the Packers have played on the road recently, I don't see how one could be confident of a victory against either the Broncos or the Panthers.

I´m confident because the Packers are one of the best teams in the league.

Even Smith from KC had a big game facing the porous pass defense.

Smith threw for 290 yards with a TD and an interception, hardly what I would call a great game. The Packers pass defense is ranked fourth in opponents passer rating allowed, second in completion percentage, seventh in yards allowed per attempt and only four teams have allowed fewer TD passes. The unit had a bad game vs. the Chargers but overall have been pretty good this season.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Here's McGinn's scouting report on the Broncos:
The unbeaten Broncos are an underdog at Sports Authority Field in Denver. You've got to be kidding, right? Nope. For the first time since September 2012, a stretch of 28 games at Mile High, the Broncos will find themselves on the other end of the point spread Sunday night when they meet the unbeaten Green Bay Packers.
Under "McGinn's View":
It isn't just that Denver ranks second in takeaways with 18. In each of the six victories, the defense has taken the ball away either by interception (four) or fumble (three) in the last half of the fourth quarter or overtime to win what had been close games. Although the Broncos are one of the NFL's five unbeaten teams, they rank eighth in point differential at plus-37. Here's how the defense has been winning games:
He then describes those fourth quarter TOs.
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...os-scouting-report-b99604585z1-337827551.html

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The NFL is billing this game as a rematch of SB 32. How stupid is that?
Almost as stupid as when they start billing Super Bowl 50 as the rematch of Super Bowl 31......yes, same two teams, but all new players and coaches. But hey, whatever sells advertisement spots.

Omahaha

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys Broncos fan here , I come in peace ...... Looking forward to the Sunday night match up just like you guys . I believe you guy will end up winning , our defense will keep Rodgers and company in check for most game but eventually get tired out due to being on the field a lot as a result from manning playing terrible again . I can see another 2 picks from his in this game and you guys edging is out towards the end of the game . Anyway that's my lil prediction but I guess that's why the play the game on Sunday . Good luck to guys .

D

Deleted member 6794

According to the Packers injury report James Starks missed today's practice because of a hip injury.

Members online

Latest posts