Packers vs Broncos thread

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can the pass defense redeem themselves or will they make Peyton look 10 years younger?

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not worried so much about Peyton as the Broncos' D. Hopefully Adams and a few others get healthy during the bye. Gonna need a much better performance from the O than we've seen the last few outings.

And then that's followed by the Panthers. Nobody said winning the SB is easy! But hey the team is winning and playing all 60 minutes. There will be plenty of criticism this week, and rightly so, but a win is a win.

And whatever Micah Hyde is drinking, he needs to share with the team. He should get the game ball for this win.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
on the road against 2 undefeated teams in back to back weeks? Yeah its not going to be easy thats for sure. Still this team is super bowl caliber. Get a little healthier and well be fine.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Micah Hyde? I think that was sarcasm. He was completely embarrassed on the Chargers first TD. Inman made him look like a slow poke. 500 yards passing wow! This is what happens when the Packers make a team one dimensional. They expose their crappy pass defense. I don't think it makes sense to bring up games against middling quarterbacks when they face a top ten quarterback they get embarrassed like they did today. While Allen is a good WR he is not in the top ten in the league but that didn't help the Packer DB's,. They were hopelessly outmatched today. This team looks like the same one and done patsy we have seen the last four years.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We will find out how good we really in 2 weeks..... I think it will be a close game. I will turn if we can get a pass rush. I think the O will move the ball. Denver thus far as beat really bad teams so far. We do not know how good they are.

Last edited:

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
on the road against 2 undefeated teams in back to back weeks? Yeah its not going to be easy thats for sure. Still this team is super bowl caliber. Get a little healthier and well be fine.

Both those team have really bad teams..... we could win both ,,,

G

GhostofCurly

Both those team have really bad teams..... we could win both ,,,
Carolina just went into Seattle and beat the Hawks. That isn't exactly easy to do. Even though Peyton and the Donkeys offense aren't as scary as in previous years their defense is great. Those will be two tough games that could both end in losses. Good news is we should have some key players back. There's no way those are bad teams.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packets won't be facing the Niners this year in the playoffs and quite possibly neither Bick Foles. They will likely face top ten quarterbacks. If that happens Rodgers will watch the game from the sidelines like he did today How many Super Bowl teams have been torched for 500 yards? My guess is not many and perhaps none.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
6-0 Can't ask for anything more at this point in the season as far as record goes. However, I hope the Packers use the next 2 weeks to not only look at themselves and how they have played to get to this point, but also recognize that the teams they have beaten so far have a combined record of 9-20. Yes, the Packers are 6-0 and have the makings of a Super Bowl team, but their true tests are coming up after the bye, when they will be facing 6-0 Denver and potentially 6-0 Carolina, both on the road.

Let's hope the coaching staff and players use the next 2 weeks to clean up some mistakes, get healthy, elevate their games individually and collectively and keep in mind that although they are undefeated, they really haven't beaten a good team yet. If they want to keep winning, the offense is going to have to step it up a bit and the defense is going to have to be able play more consistently and not let a good QB beat them. IMO, Rivers by far is the best QB they have faced this year and they really failed that test.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Micah Hyde? I think that was sarcasm. He was completely embarrassed on the Chargers first TD. Inman made him look like a slow poke. 500 yards passing wow! This is what happens when the Packers make a team one dimensional. They expose their crappy pass defense. I don't think it makes sense to bring up games against middling quarterbacks when they face a top ten quarterback they get embarrassed like they did today. While Allen is a good WR he is not in the top ten in the league but that didn't help the Packer DB's,. They were hopelessly outmatched today. This team looks like the same one and done patsy we have seen the last four years.

Pretty harsh conclusion based off a bad couple quarters of defense. It doesn't make sense to call them a one and done patsy team based on them when they've played 6 games.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not making a score prediction until we see who may be playing and who may not since it is a bye week. But, Peyton will make Peyton throws. But from what I have seen, I think if we play well, we can get some turnovers and win this game.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The bye week is here at the perfect time. The team should be extremely healthy for the game, which is huge.

The offense needs to come together for this one, because we all know how nice Denver's D is. Should be one of the best games of the season so far.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
This may be a ugly win like most of the post seem to like but! 505yds passing wether at home or on the road is flat out embarrassing, and the pass D remains suspect every game, but in this one pass rush was invisible for 3 plus Qtrs and rushing 1 or 2 up the middle was puzzling, the penalties are still a problem, when you look at it the chargers dropped passes that could have won the game for them,Manning doesn't give teams a lot of second chances, so I expect a wild shoot out......

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packets won't be facing the Niners this year in the playoffs and quite possibly neither Bick Foles. They will likely face top ten quarterbacks. If that happens Rodgers will watch the game from the sidelines like he did today How many Super Bowl teams have been torched for 500 yards? My guess is not many and perhaps none.

To give up 500 yards passing is not good but only 20 points in the process, that is not awful. I wouldn't count on it happening too often but I wouldn't count on the Packers D giving up 500 yards passing too often either. Rivers set franchise records for attempts, completions and yards today. I doubt Manning will do that in two weeks and the rest of their offense is certainly struggling.

The Broncos and Panthers are both undefeated so they are good teams. I don't care what level you think their opponents are you don't win 6 games in row if you are not a good team. That said the Packers have won 6 in a row as well. They are at least as good as the Broncos and Panthers. No matter what in the next two weeks, or three if you want to extend it to the Panthers game the Packers have just as good a chance to be undefeated as the Broncos do or the Panthers. We can win both of these games easily, and by easily I don't mean blow them out, I mean we have a very good chance to beat them. We won't have to get lucky to do it. I know the popular stance to take is to qualify everything as in "if we give up 500 yards passing" or "if we can't run the ball" or "if all our guys are hurt" but those are just excuses before the fact. Just going on what we know about these teams and throwing out all the outlying stats (yes 500 yards passing is an outlying stat) we can play even with these teams and we can play better. Of course I believe they can play better than us as well which makes the tough games. I'm not going to sit around for the next two weeks however crying about giving up 500 yards passing because I'm pretty confident that if either of those two teams passes 65 times we will get our share of interceptions and it will probably mean we are scoring a few points ourselves. Add to that if we can hold them to 60 yards rushing we will have a better than even chance of winning.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This may be a ugly win like most of the post seem to like but! 505yds passing wether at home or on the road is flat out embarrassing, and the pass D remains suspect every game, but in this one pass rush was invisible for 3 plus Qtrs and rushing 1 or 2 up the middle was puzzling, the penalties are still a problem, when you look at it the chargers dropped passes that could have won the game for them,Manning doesn't give teams a lot of second chances, so I expect a wild shoot out......

What is more embarrassing? giving up 500 yards passing and winning or throwing for 500 yards and losing? I'll take the win. We were second in the league in sacks going into this game and we were playing pretty darn good defense. If you want to look for an anomaly I'd say it was this game and not the previous 5.

D

Deleted member 6794

There's no doubt the Packers defense gave up way too many passing yards but were able to hold the Chargers to only 20 points. Rivers was absolutely amazing yesterday and got rid of the ball extremely fast slowing down the Packers pass rush. I don't expect Peyton or Newton to do the same.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
What is more embarrassing? giving up 500 yards passing and winning or throwing for 500 yards and losing? I'll take the win. We were second in the league in sacks going into this game and we were playing pretty darn good defense. If you want to look for an anomaly I'd say it was this game and not the previous 5.
I prefer to see it as the players listening to the media all week and going on bye mentally a week early.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll be a much healthier team in 2 weeks--especially the receivers and d line. Manning appears to have finally used up all the strength he has in his throwing arm. Packers 24 Broncos 9.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The bye week is here at the perfect time. The team should be extremely healthy for the game, which is huge.

The offense needs to come together for this one, because we all know how nice Denver's D is. Should be one of the best games of the season so far.
I seriously doubt that the Packers will be "extremely healthy" but they SHOULD be healthier.
However, when I picked the Pack to go 12-4 this year, I picked one of the losses would be in Denver.
Hopefully I will be proven wrong as I was picking Seattle as one of the losses.

Sky King

Reaction score
We'll be a much healthier team in 2 weeks--especially the receivers and d line. Manning appears to have finally used up all the strength he has in his throwing arm. Packers 24 Broncos 9.
I like your optimism. Manning looks like he's done -- at best, a shell of his former self. He couldn't break a pane of glass with that arm anymore. But he and his team have managed to pull a rabbit out of their hats at opportune moments -- kind of like the Packers have done the past few weeks themselves. If their offense is adequate and our defense plays one of its less inspired games, this part of the game could turn out to be a draw.

Their defense has been awfully good, though. They've not given up any record setting yardage to anyone, so far. Plus, the antidote for slowing the Packers wounded offense seems to be established. Until the Packers get healthy enough to be able to apply their own antidote to that stifling, effective defensive scheme they've been facing recently, the Broncos should be the favored team and rightly so. This one's no slam dunk. Edge: Broncos D plus home field advantage.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We made Phillip rives look ten yrs younger so why should I believe Manning won't? The Broncos have a terrible running game as well so I could easily see manning throwing for a ton of yards. Not to mention his wr core is way better than San Diego's and so is his line. Hate to say it but I think this is the game we lose. It'll be close but the Broncos get to Rodgers just enough to make it a 33-28 loss for us. I hope I'm way wrong.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I seriously doubt that the Packers will be "extremely healthy" but they SHOULD be healthier.
However, when I picked the Pack to go 12-4 this year, I picked one of the losses would be in Denver.
Hopefully I will be proven wrong as I was picking Seattle as one of the losses.

You're right, just trying to be a lil' optimistic :)

Some of our guys will be playing banged up the whole year

Members online

Latest posts